Where Is The Best Place To Eat Out?

What Is Your Favorite Fast Food Restaurant?

• Total voters
No Steak and Shakes there?
Nope. New England has always (in my 49 years) been somewhat limited to the MAJOR national chains (McD, BK, Wendy’s, Dairy Queen, KFC, Taco Bell, Subway, D’Angelos) market. We’ve seen a slight diversification in the last decade (Five Guys, Chik-Fil-A, Popeyes, Jimmy Johns, Sonic); but they’re still few and far between. Still missing a lot of the larger Midwest, Southern and Wedtern chains.

EDIT: There is apparently a Steak and Shake about an hour from me in Central, MA. It hasn’t been there very long.

Last edited:
We don't do fast food very often but when we do it is usually Chick Fil A or Culvers.

It has probably been at least 15 years since I ate at McDonald, maybe 20.

We have a couple of really good local pizza places so we don't do the chains.

Here's a hint for finding really good places to eat.

If you see a whole bunch of motorcycles or trucks, or a combination of both in the parking lot, stop by, because the chow will be good.

Truckers and bikers know the best places to eat.

When I was a kid we had a der weinersnitchel [sic] a couple of blocks away...loved their chili dogs and burgers...

Interestingly, “Wiener schnitzel” is the name of an Austrian dish that is completely unlike anything that the fast food restaurant bearing that name has ever been known for serving. Schnitzel is a category of dish made from meat cut and pounded very thin. “Weiner” is a corruption of Vienna, the capital of Austria. So “Wiener Schnitzel” is a flattened-meat dish, associated with the city of Vienna.

And another interesting bit is that in Googling to fill in the gaps in my memory, I came across a press release, from some years ago, from the fast food place announcing that for a limited time, they would be selling sandwiches based on actual schnitzel.

Interestingly, “Wiener schnitzel” is the name of an Austrian dish that is completely unlike anything that the fast food restaurant bearing that name has ever been known for serving. Schnitzel is a category of dish made from meat cut and pounded very thin. “Weiner” is a corruption of Vienna, the capital of Austria. So “Wiener Schnitzel” is a flattened-meat dish, associated with the city of Vienna.

And another interesting bit is that in Googling to fill in the gaps in my memory, I came across a press release, from some years ago, from the fast food place announcing that for a limited time, they would be selling sandwiches based on actual schnitzel.

?? - so they are going to be selling pork tenderloin sandwiches and this is new?
:D

?? - so they are going to be selling pork tenderloin sandwiches and this is new?
:D

Tenderloin and schnitzel are not the same thing at all, though I suppose a schnitzel could be made of a tenderloin.

The story was that the Weinerschnitzel restaurant chain was, for a limited time, going to be offering a product that involved actual schnitzel. That was a few years ago, and I managed not to learn of it until now, years later.

Yanno..................even though the Weinerschnitzel that I knew as a kid was primarily a hot dog joint, they still had some pretty decent food..............at least...............before corporate thinking took over and most fast food declined from the tasty junk food it was originally designed to be and became the bland, same ol' same ol' that most are now.

Same thing with A&W. When I was a kid, their burgers and rootbeer were one of the best things out there. Now? They are pretty much like all the others.

Tenderloin and schnitzel are not the same thing at all, though I suppose a schnitzel could be made of a tenderloin.

The story was that the Weinerschnitzel restaurant chain was, for a limited time, going to be offering a product that involved actual schnitzel. That was a few years ago, and I managed not to learn of it until now, years later.
Schnitzel and a tenderloin sandwich is basically the exact same thing.

Tenderloin sandwich......

tender.jpg

Schnitzel Sandwich.......

www.jpg

yeah.... completely different.. :lol:

We don't do fast food very often but when we do it is usually Chick Fil A or Culvers.

It has probably been at least 15 years since I ate at McDonald, maybe 20.

We have a couple of really good local pizza places so we don't do the chains.
LOL @Chick-fil-A

Flash will be boycotting Chick-fil-A or claim that he hasn't been there in years.
Chick-fil-A is going "Woke" ................ lolloollllol

WASHINGTON (TND) — Chick-fil-A was trending on social media Tuesday after details from the popular fast-food chain on its commitment to "Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion," which is often abbreviated to "DEI," were highlighted by certain Twitter accounts.

Conservative critics were quick to pounce on the news, claiming the restaurant chain had "gone woke." Some popular conservative Twitter accounts even floated the idea of boycotting Chick-fil-A over the news, with one poll receiving tens of thousands of 'Yes, boycott' votes so far.

Flash will be boycotting Chick-fil-A or claim that he hasn't been there in years.
Chick-fil-A is going "Woke" ................ lolloollllol

WASHINGTON (TND) — Chick-fil-A was trending on social media Tuesday after details from the popular fast-food chain on its commitment to "Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion," which is often abbreviated to "DEI," were highlighted by certain Twitter accounts.

Conservative critics were quick to pounce on the news, claiming the restaurant chain had "gone woke." Some popular conservative Twitter accounts even floated the idea of boycotting Chick-fil-A over the news, with one poll receiving tens of thousands of 'Yes, boycott' votes so far.
LOL!

Like I said we don't eat fast food very often. The last time I had a chicken sandwich it was from Popeye's and better than the Chick Fil A.

LOL!

Like I said we don't eat fast food very often. The last time I had a chicken sandwich it was from Popeye's and better than the Chick Fil A.
You didn't mention Popeye's, but are you gonna totally boycott Chick-fil-A now that they've gone woke?

Popeye's will soon do something to make you cancel them too.

You sensitive 'lil sheep.

You didn't mention Popeye's, but are you gonna totally boycott Chick-fil-A now that they've gone woke?

Popeye's will soon do something to make you cancel them too.

You sensitive 'lil sheep.
Did you boycott them like all the other Moon Bats a few years ago when they were anti woke?

I've never boycotted a place based on their political views or what causes they supported.

If they have good chow at a reasonable price, I eat there. If they don't, then I don't. I don't really care about the personal views of the ownership, I just care if the food tastes good and it won't break the bank.

Taste and price matter much more than political or personal views.

Almost every time that I have eaten at Popeye's my experience has been that I paid what I thought a fast-food meal of that quality ought to cost, and was still hungry after I finished it. I'd need to pay more attention to better understand, but it seems that either Popeyes' food is not very filling, or else I just don't get nearly enough of it for what I pay.

Almost every time that I have eaten at Popeye's my experience has been that I paid what I thought a fast-food meal of that quality ought to cost, and was still hungry after I finished it. I'd need to pay more attention to better understand, but it seems that either Popeyes' food is not very filling, or else I just don't get nearly enough of it for what I pay.
We don't eat fast food very often. Maybe a couple of times a year at most.

Typically if we want a chicken sandwich we would get a Chick Fil A.

However, a few months ago we were traveling and there was a Popeye's near the motel so we just went there.

We both ordered the chicken sandwich and thought it was very good and superior to the Chick Fil A.

I think the only thing we had other than the sandwich were fries.

So I really can't comment on the other menu items.

Forum List

Back