Where is Obama? gop congressman calling for congress to return and address the crisis

Almost all of your op was hypothetical. Hypothetical=if

I know reality is hard for you to handle.

Not really. The guy in your other video himself said that $4 trillion deal would do the trick. That's a fact. Tea Party and GOP's hardline stance against no tax increases was cited by a source as one of the reasons. That's a fact. If the GOP and Tea Party accepted any tax increases in the first place, a $4 trillion deal at the very least would have been on the table. That's a fact.

You're bitching that President Obama is not telling Congress to return. That's a fact.

The only hypothetical of my post was you'd be bitching if Obama told them to return. And I'm willing to bet a good deal that if he did, you would have bitched about it.

you think his plea would be heard? If he speaks up and asks, that's a GUARANTEE that repubs won't show up.

get real.

congress- needs to do their own jobs.....they shouldn't need a president to ask them or beg them to do what they are paid to do.

end of story....in my book.

Making excuses now.

Predictable.
ummmmmm, uhhhhhhhhh OK, I'll bite.... :)

WHAT EXCUSE am i making?

I don't think it should be or IS up to Obama to get both houses of congress to do their jobs or to do what they know they have to do....which is address their spending and address bringing in more revenues....

Why did Boehner dismiss the House, allow this recess?

you want someone to blame or put this on? Blame Reid, blame Bohner....but you and yur buddy are reaching, to blame the president, for congress choosing to take their recess as they did.

And THAT'S just plain ole silly, full auto.

Almost all of your op was hypothetical. Hypothetical=if

I know reality is hard for you to handle.

Not really. The guy in your other video himself said that $4 trillion deal would do the trick. That's a fact. Tea Party and GOP's hardline stance against no tax increases was cited by a source as one of the reasons. That's a fact. If the GOP and Tea Party accepted any tax increases in the first place, a $4 trillion deal at the very least would have been on the table. That's a fact.

You're bitching that President Obama is not telling Congress to return. That's a fact.

The only hypothetical of my post was you'd be bitching if Obama told them to return. And I'm willing to bet a good deal that if he did, you would have bitched about it.

nice recovery, indeed most of that is fact. But your op wasn't.

Last edited:
"Obama should tell Congress to come back."

Response: "THAT OBAMA, ALWAYS STICKING HIS NOSE IN THE AFFAIRS OF CONGRESS. THE MAN NEVER LETS A CRISIS GO TO WASTE."

"Why can't Congress come back by themselves?"

Response: THAT OBAMA, IF HE WAS A REAL LEADER THEN HE WOULD TELL THEM TO COME BACK. THE MAN NEVER LETS A CRISIS GO TO WASTE.

Point of the example: It really doesn't matter what President Obama does, you'll bitch about it anyway.

If Congress really cared about the deficit, they would have passed something significant in the first place. A source acknowledged one of the reasons they were lowering our credit rating is because Republicans refused to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal. Which if they did in the first place, there would have been a $4 trillion deal in place if not higher. Which in the S&P video you posted earlier, the guy said "that would have been the trick."
Wrong idiot. The credit rating agencies wanted 4 trillion in CUTS not increased taxes. Only idiots like obamaturd and the dimwits wan't to raise taxes which is not good for the economy.

you think his plea would be heard? If he speaks up and asks, that's a GUARANTEE that repubs won't show up.

get real.

congress- needs to do their own jobs.....they shouldn't need a president to ask them or beg them to do what they are paid to do.

Making excuses now.

Predictable.

WHAT EXCUSE am i making?

I don't think it should be or IS up to Obama to get both houses of congress to do their jobs or to do what they know they have to do....which is address their spending and address bringing in more revenues....

you want someone to blame or put this on? Blame Reid, blame Bohner....but you and yur buddy are reaching, to blame the president, for congress choosing to take their recess as they did.

Speaker of the House Boehner dismissed the house because the House had passed it's bill. Simple reality. They passed the bill. The senate voted down or tabled every bill the House sent over. Facts are tough to absorb but there it is anyway.

get real.

Making excuses now.

Predictable.

WHAT EXCUSE am i making?

The only thing silly is your assumption that I'm blaming him for allowing congress to leave. I CLEARLY blame him for a lack of leadership.

Wrong idiot. The credit rating agencies wanted 4 trillion in CUTS not increased taxes. Only idiots like obamaturd and the dimwits wan't to raise taxes which is not good for the economy.

Link to where I said $4 trillion in just increased taxes? Obviously tax increases would be part of the $4 trillion or more deal.

Also, link to where the rating agencies wanted only $4 trillion in cuts? I'll wait.

get real.

Making excuses now.

Predictable.

WHAT EXCUSE am i making?

I had already given the info. Its called LEADERSHIP. Democrats forced the lowered deal and that can not be denied.

Here, I'll make it easier on you AmericanFirst.

S&P Downgrades U.S. Debt Rating — Press Release - MarketBeat - WSJ

Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act. Key macroeconomic assumptions in the base case scenario include trend real GDP growth of 3% and consumer price inflation near 2% annually over the decade.

That being said, both parties are to blame at this point for getting us where we are now.

Here, I'll make it easier on you AmericanFirst.

S&P Downgrades U.S. Debt Rating — Press Release - MarketBeat - WSJ

Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act. Key macroeconomic assumptions in the base case scenario include trend real GDP growth of 3% and consumer price inflation near 2% annually over the decade.

That being said, both parties are to blame at this point for getting us where we are now.

You right, both parties got us here. But the important part is one party is keeping us here.

You right, both parties got us here. But the important part is one party is keeping us here.

This is what I don't get. Democrats put Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Education, among pretty much everything else on the table. Republicans offer nothing as a compromise. No tax loopholes to be closed, no taxes to be increased, no defense cuts, no subsidies to be taken away, nothing. And yet you blame the Democrats alone for not getting a big deal done.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y]‪Twilight Zone intro.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

How many times are we going to see that one paragraph, selectively BOLDED?

I posted the link for all to read of the entire text, but too many just want to play spin:

S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

(CBS News)

Standard & Poor's issued a statement Friday about their downgrade of U.S. debt:

S&P downgrades U.S. debt
Treasury Dept.: Downgrade flawed by $2-Trillion error

* We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.

* We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.

* The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.

* More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

* Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

* The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

TORONTO (Standard & Poor's) Aug. 5, 2011-Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that it lowered its long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA'. Standard & Poor's also said that the outlook on the long-term rating is negative. At the same time, Standard & Poor's affirmed its 'A-1+' short-term rating on the U.S. In addition, Standard & Poor's removed both ratings from CreditWatch, where they were placed on July 14, 2011, with negative implications.

The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. As our downside alternate fiscal scenario illustrates, a higher public debt trajectory than we currently assume could lead us to lower the long-term rating again. On the other hand, as our upside scenario highlights, if the recommendations of the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction-independently or coupled with other initiatives, such as the lapsing of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts for high earners-lead to fiscal consolidation measures beyond the minimum mandated, and we believe they are likely to slow the deterioration of the government's debt dynamics, the long-term rating could stabilize at 'AA+'.

On Monday, we will issue separate releases concerning affected ratings in the funds, government-related entities, financial institutions, insurance, public finance, and structured finance sectors.

The entire statement text can be found at the link. I've only included CBS bullet points, which as from the text, blame both extremes and the executive.

Spin doctors got the extremists in power and many here seem to want to keep up the problem.

Forum List

Back