Where is Obama? gop congressman calling for congress to return and address the crisis

You right, both parties got us here. But the important part is one party is keeping us here.

This is what I don't get. Democrats put Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Education, among pretty much everything else on the table. Republicans offer nothing as a compromise. No tax loopholes to be closed, no taxes to be increased, no defense cuts, no subsidies to be taken away, nothing. And yet you blame the Democrats alone for not getting a big deal done.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y]‪Twilight Zone intro.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Actually that's not true, not anything that could be scored by CBO or read by the American people. Obama gave out lines during speeches, but never was their a plan put forward.

Not one peep from the man that never let's a crisis goto waste.
Gee.....all o' this, from you folks who figured neverending vacation-times (and, unlimited-credit) were....

Gettin' kind o' forgetful, there, Grandfeathers????

321.gif

Obama could, if he wanted, hold a press conference ( no questions please ) from his current location. He could make a few statements to the American people about the AAA downgrade .... AND ... the 31 soldiers who were killed in Afghanistan.

The country is in crisis and we received some tragically sad news today. I think hearing from our ( cough ) leader is warranted.

How many times are we going to see that one paragraph, selectively BOLDED?

I posted the link for all to read of the entire text, but too many just want to play spin:

Except I also posted the link. So why did you bother to say that when I also linked it?

I quoted that one paragraph specifically to prove a point to AmericanFirst. I never claimed anything else other than what I was proving.

By the way Annie, you never did get back to me here: (specifically post #26)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...t-56-house-votes-it-down-ahead-of-time-2.html

I posted the link for all to read of the entire text, but too many just want to play spin:

Except I also posted the link. So why did you bother to say that when I also linked it?

I quoted that one paragraph specifically to prove a point to AmericanFirst. I never claimed anything else other than what I was proving.

By the way Annie, you never did get back to me here: (specifically post #26)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...otes-it-down-ahead-of-time-2.html#post3934347

Sorry, got sidetracked I guess. So what was it you wanted then? I'm not going through that thread.

S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

(CBS News)

Standard & Poor's issued a statement Friday about their downgrade of U.S. debt:

S&P downgrades U.S. debt
Treasury Dept.: Downgrade flawed by $2-Trillion error

* We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.

* We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.

* The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.

* More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

* Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

* The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

TORONTO (Standard & Poor's) Aug. 5, 2011-Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that it lowered its long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA'. Standard & Poor's also said that the outlook on the long-term rating is negative. At the same time, Standard & Poor's affirmed its 'A-1+' short-term rating on the U.S. In addition, Standard & Poor's removed both ratings from CreditWatch, where they were placed on July 14, 2011, with negative implications.

The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. As our downside alternate fiscal scenario illustrates, a higher public debt trajectory than we currently assume could lead us to lower the long-term rating again. On the other hand, as our upside scenario highlights, if the recommendations of the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction-independently or coupled with other initiatives, such as the lapsing of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts for high earners-lead to fiscal consolidation measures beyond the minimum mandated, and we believe they are likely to slow the deterioration of the government's debt dynamics, the long-term rating could stabilize at 'AA+'.

On Monday, we will issue separate releases concerning affected ratings in the funds, government-related entities, financial institutions, insurance, public finance, and structured finance sectors.

The entire statement text can be found at the link. I've only included CBS bullet points, which as from the text, blame both extremes and the executive.

Spin doctors got the extremists in power and many here seem to want to keep up the problem.

speaking of spin

you left out

Standard & Poor's takes no position on the mix of spending and revenue measures that Congress and the Administration might conclude is appropriate for putting the U.S.'s finances on a sustainable footing.

no need to thank me

Actually that's not true, not anything that could be scored by CBO or read by the American people. Obama gave out lines during speeches, but never was their a plan put forward.

And the reason why it was never put forward is because the GOP would not even look at it because it included tax increases. Some of the Tea Party was even calling Tom Coburn a traitor because his $9 trillion deficit plan included $1 trillion in tax increases.

Heard he's got some pretty big Corporate Donors showing up at his big Fund-Raiser err uh i mean Birthday Party. Looks like he's far too busy gettin that cash to care about the country.

You right, both parties got us here. But the important part is one party is keeping us here.

This is what I don't get. Democrats put Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Education, among pretty much everything else on the table. Republicans offer nothing as a compromise. No tax loopholes to be closed, no taxes to be increased, no defense cuts, no subsidies to be taken away, nothing. And yet you blame the Democrats alone for not getting a big deal done.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y]‪Twilight Zone intro.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
If it wasn't for the republicans in the first place there would be no deal.

Sorry, got sidetracked I guess. So what was it you wanted then? I'm not going through that thread.

Don't worry about it, was just wondering if you knew.

Getting back to the point however, I was just pointing out to AmericanFirst about what S&P said when it came to taxes.

good point

Whatever happend to the PapaObama 2012 budget

President Barack Obama’s 2012 budget would produce $2.3 trillion more in deficits over the next decade than the administration projects, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

The nonpartisan agency said today the administration’s plan would generate $9.5 trillion in deficits between 2012 and 2021, compared with the $7.2 trillion forecast last month by the White House budget office.

He must not have been too serious about the deficit, then

funny how that works

Oh yes it got voted down

Well it could be like PapaObama Care
we have to pass it to see what's in it
Like all the costs that will create
a burden for the US economy

Last edited:

:lol: What? So instead of actually making a valid argument, you come out with that?

Boehner himself said he got 98% of what he wanted out of the deal.

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

Pelley: Can you image Republicans backing increased taxes?

Boehner: I think that would be a stretch. It doesn't seem likely to me that that would be recommended, much less supported, but I've been surprised before.

Pelley: You were unable to get your own caucus behind your bill a few days ago. Do you intend to remain Speaker of the House?

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

Heard he's got some pretty big Corporate Donors showing up at his big Fund-Raiser err uh i mean Birthday Party. Looks like he's far too busy gettin that cash to care about the country.
Yeah....you can really tell.....by the way everything's goin' his way.

Had your eyes checked, lately????

321.gif

Maybe you & Grandfeathers need to go get checked for Alzheimers.​

:lol: What? So instead of actually making a valid argument, you come out with that?

Boehner himself said he got 98% of what he wanted out of the deal.

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

Pelley: Can you image Republicans backing increased taxes?

Boehner: I think that would be a stretch. It doesn't seem likely to me that that would be recommended, much less supported, but I've been surprised before.

Pelley: You were unable to get your own caucus behind your bill a few days ago. Do you intend to remain Speaker of the House?

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.
Still, if it wasn't for the republicans DOING THEIR JOB, unlike the dimwits, there would be no deal, as bad as it is anyway.

Still, if it wasn't for the republicans DOING THEIR JOB, unlike the dimwits, there would be no deal, as bad as it is anyway.

Except the GOP didn't do their job. They chose ideology over getting a bigger deal done that would have prevented our credit rating from being lowered. Can you name one thing the GOP was willing to compromise that they were in a position to?

Don't worry about it, was just wondering if you knew.

Getting back to the point however, I was just pointing out to AmericanFirst about what S&P said when it came to taxes.

Well though I posted off yours, it was only about the 10th time I've seen that one paragraph, always highlighted. No problem, just so many haven't bothered reading what was actually said, including that last paragraph. One of the things I noticed in the Cavuto video with S & P analyst was the citation of state and local governments being mini-US with debt. I live in a state that is doing just that. There could easily be a flood of bad news from Washington to the most mismanaged counties and cities and states.

There will be much dancing & rejoicing at The One's Hip Hop B-Day/Fund-Raiser Bash! While the rest of the country suffers. WTG Prez! :(

Radical Republicans manufactured the debt ceiling crisis; It is not an accident that this occured, this crisis is a direct result of the power and influence of Grover Norquist and those who support and/or control him.

Forum List

Back