Where in the US/World Would You Go?....

H_G.... That's about the only reason I'm not there now. However, it's quickly reaching a point where the properness of their society otherwise may outweigh the firearms issues if things don't turn around here in the US rather quickly.

Well in those countries they don't want their people armed because of the exact things we are seeing right now, armed rebellion. As far as their justice, I do agree with some of the rulings they give out on child molestors, hell if your caught dealing drugs you get hung in Kuwait but the catch is, justice depends on who you are, if you are a rich Kuwaiti or Saudi you can pretty much get away with murder in those countries, all in all I'll take our justice system here where at least you have a fighting chance.

I am one of them. I live in England. Nice place. Reasonable laws - if a tad overly threatened by free speech, and a tad overly kind to criminals. But, generally, it's not a bad country. I also like France. The French have a great attitude.

"California Girl" lives in England? Are you really a girl?

I would like to live on an island just inside of international waters off the coast of Mexico, nearest to Mexico City where I would build a military base with cruise missles pointed right at those geminators. Then I would get the tallest flagpole and fly the largest American flag. Just to piss them off.

Oh yeah. A big sign saying:
Free Healthcare
Free Home
Free Food
Free Drinks
and Free Women.

"Immigration Open To All But Mexicans"

:funnyface:

If I had life to do over I would probablyu have gone to New Zealand many years ago.
But for now I ain't going nowhere.

If I had life to do over I would probablyu have gone to New Zealand many years ago.

A lot of people say that.

Are you aware it gets really figgen cold there?

I think parts of it are in the antartic circle.

The South Island can get a bit nippy. The North Island however has areas like the Bay of Islands or 90 Mile beach where it is near tropical. My favourite city is Christchurch, but for fun I like hiking in the Luna area or heading up the Heaphy Track outside of Karamea.

It truly is a beautiful country, and the people are incredibly nice as well.

I was fortunate enough to have visited New Zealand two times while I was in the Navy back in the early '70s. Even on an E-5 pay, I had enough money to pretty much do whatever I wanted in style.

Driving on the wrong side of the road was always an adventure and tipping in a restaurant was considered somewhat of an insult to the proprietor.

I would imagine things have changed since then but I do remember it being a beautiful country filled with warm and friendly people who absolutely loved us Americans.

Assuming that the means to go were available, Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, any of several of the Caribbean Islands, New Zealand, Australia, most of the Pacific Islands. So long as the days are warm, the beach is near, and the water is clear.

As a non-American, it'd be NEW YORK CITY hands down, baby!

I already lived there once, but man, I love the place. What a funky town.

Other places I'd consider would be Boston, Chicago, or San Francisco.

As a non-American, it'd be NEW YORK CITY hands down, baby!

I already lived there once, but man, I love the place. What a funky town.

Other places I'd consider would be Boston, Chicago, or San Francisco.

All great choices.

I am one of them. I live in England. Nice place. Reasonable laws - if a tad overly threatened by free speech, and a tad overly kind to criminals. But, generally, it's not a bad country. I also like France. The French have a great attitude.

Yuck...those would be the last places I lived outside the states. Back in my old Navy days, we flew to a lot of different countries and the one I would probably like to live outside the states would be Sicily or Spain. Perhaps Australia.

Last edited:

"California Girl" lives in England? Are you really a girl?

Yea, we have these things called passports these days. It's a document that allows you to travel from one country to another country. Incredible. And if you google the words 'airplanes', you will find this mode of travel makes getting from one country to another quite straightforward.

Just because one is a California Girl, does not mean one should limit oneself to staying within the state lines.

Travel broadens the mind.

Try it.

Forum List

Back