Where in the US/World Would You Go?....

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
This is something I always find interesting to ask people I meet....

For Americans..... If you had to move somewhere outside the United States, where would you go? Given that you would be able to maintain the same financial level that you currently have in the US, but would have to abide by all the laws, customs, etc.... of the place you moved to.

For Non-Americans..... If you had to move somewhere inside the United States, where would you go? Given that you would be able to maintain the same financial level that you currently have outside the US, but would have to abide by all the laws, customs, etc.... of the place you moved to.

• Banned
As an American Citizen, a non-Christian, a Conservative, and someone who has lived in New England his entire life I'd probably look at going somewhere in the Middle East if I had to leave the United States.

I am one of them. I live in England. Nice place. Reasonable laws - if a tad overly threatened by free speech, and a tad overly kind to criminals. But, generally, it's not a bad country. I also like France. The French have a great attitude.

Hmm

Ireland, too look up the family tree.

Or some tropical island. Not jamaca or PR though

Ireland is a wonderful country. The Irish are a charming bunch.... of course, I declare a total bias. :eusa_angel:

Tropical island.... I'd probably choose Tabago. Charming little place, very friendly.

Hmm

Ireland, too look up the family tree.

Or some tropical island. Not jamaca or PR though

Ireland is a wonderful country. The Irish are a charming bunch.... of course, I declare a total bias. :eusa_angel:

Tropical island.... I'd probably choose Tabago. Charming little place, very friendly.

I have no bias at all.

I simply understand, that Americans of Irish blood are the greatest of all humans walking the earth. coming in a close 2nd would be actual Irish people.

As an American Citizen, a non-Christian, a Conservative, and someone who has lived in New England his entire life I'd probably look at going somewhere in the Middle East if I had to leave the United States.

Why? New England has less than zero in common with the Middle East, trust me I have been to the region.

For me I would probably choose Cyprus, I went there before and it is a beautiful country, awesome food, awesome weather and beautiful women.

0-cyprus_master.jpg

2006_09_seafood.jpg

proudly-cyprus-new-bikini.gif

I'd move to Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

I hear there's a guy down there willing to share his home-grown foodstuffs and filtered vegetable oil automobile fuel. I mean - I'm tired of working for a living.

Why? New England has less than zero in common with the Middle East, trust me I have been to the region.

Why? Exactly for the reason you stated.... It has ZERO in common with New England. The weather, society, laws, etc.... are much more to my liking than what I deal with here. The only issue that's kept me from moving there in the past is that there is no RTKBA in any of those countries.

Why? Exactly for the reason you stated.... It has ZERO in common with New England. The weather, society, laws, etc.... are much more to my liking than what I deal with here. The only issue that's kept me from moving there in the past is that there is no RTKBA in any of those countries.

What's that?

Whats RTKBA? plus keep in mind not every Middle Eastern country is the same? hell if you go to Bahrain, Oman or Lebanon you will see women in western clothes, drinking and night clubs like in the US. What exactly are you looking for that you think the Middle East will provide?

Whats RTKBA? plus keep in mind not every Middle Eastern country is the same? hell if you go to Bahrain, Oman or Lebanon you will see women in western clothes, drinking and night clubs like in the US. What exactly are you looking for that you think the Middle East will provide?

The Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

A proper society. Actual JUSTICE. Things like that. Sharia Law is a little beyond what I'd prefer but I'll take it over what we have in the US these days. Things like that.

The Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

A proper society. Actual JUSTICE. Things like that. Sharia Law is a little beyond what I'd prefer but I'll take it over what we have in the US these days. Things like that.

Actually in most Middle Eastern countries fire arms are completely outlawed, I have been to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE and Turkey and you are not allowed to own a weapon unless you are in the Police or Military, there are no gun shops or gun shows like in the US. Actually the US has more liberal gun laws than most Middle Eastern countries, the only Muslim country I know of where you can actually legally own a fire arm is Iraq, might want to read up on that.

H_G.... That's about the only reason I'm not there now. However, it's quickly reaching a point where the properness of their society otherwise may outweigh the firearms issues if things don't turn around here in the US rather quickly.

Forum List

Back