CDZ Where have all the Liberals gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up through the 1970's, I can remember having lively yet respectful debates with my liberal friends on a host of political issues. After that time, such debates became less and less frequent and more likely to end up in acrimonious responses to the same questions I had previously posed. Nowadays, it is extremely unlikely to find anyone of a liberal persuasion who is willing to discuss any political issue without immediately resorting to personal attacks.

What happened to these people? My theory is that, essentially having won the debate over the size and scope of federal programs, they are now defensive about the lack of societal benefits these programs were supposed to achieve and are seeking to impose ever more radical "solutions" on a recalcitrant public in order to achieve them. In this vein, anyone with contrary views is considered a saboteur of their good intentions.

What is you theory?

My experience is the reverse. In the 60's and 70's most of the clueless ideologues were on the left. Now they are on the right. Personally, I think that ultimately social media is unsuited for serious discussion of important issues. Civility evaporates with perceived anonymity. Name-calling and repetition of defective logic and false "facts" have replaced any chance of reasonable discussion. Check out just about any thread on this board. Most all of the people, right or left, that I met on this board three or four years ago who had posted in fora in which they had some expertise have left in disgust.
Democrats are too PC to recognize their problems with voters. You cannot embrace groups that advocate the murder of police officers and expect to win White working class voters.

"Too PC"?

You mean like objecting to the costumes in a gay pride parade?

One of the usual RWs said I was wrong to object to the Repubs/RWs and trump! voting to take health care away from children, babies, elderly, vets, handicapped.

So, where is this line against "PC"?

Who decides what triggers RWs?

Is starving children okay but not wearing a sock on the penis?

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I'm a liberal, and an LBJ one to boot, and I'm still here. If you're one of those who keep referring to modern Democrats and commies like Sanders supporters as ;liberals', well then you have simply no idea what a genuine liberals is.

And as for missiles, I love missiles, the more the better; it was liberals after all who won the Cold War, while 'conservatives' and right wingers sniveled and whined and hid under their beds, wanting to revert back to isolationism and not have to pay taxes to keep the country free, but never missed a chance to cash in on govt. corruption when it landed in their pockets.

Hmm, I seem to be having the issue on the other side. Can't find any republicans to debate without being name called. Leaves a bad taste you know. Would rather talk about economics and projections over moral aggressions, but politics these days amirite.

Hmm, I seem to be having the issue on the other side. Can't find any republicans to debate without being name called. Leaves a bad taste you know. Would rather talk about economics and projections over moral aggressions, but politics these days amirite.
Maybe you should try having a sound argument.

[*Corrupt means selling favors or lying to the public for personal or political gain.

Which none of the democrats did, but most of the Republicans did.

The data bears that out. This data is taken from List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia

The first number is indictments, second number is convictions.

Obama 0 0
Carter 1 0
Clinton 2 1
Bush1 1 1
Ford 1 1
Bush2 16 16
Reagan 26 16
Nixon 76 55

Obama ran the cleanest administration of our lifetimes. The admins of Bush2, Reagan and Nixon were rife with corruption. Those points are not debatable by any honest person.

The only reason for the lack of indictments is he populated the DOJ with his sycophants. His was the most corrupt DOJ ever in history.

Thread closed. CDZ is not meant to be a protected soapbox for inflammatory topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back