CDZ Where have all the Liberals gone?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by jwoodie, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,790

Quote the legal definition for a natural person from a LEGAL DICTIONARY and link to the source.

Then, tell me if you agree that that definition is "common" to all sides in the debate about "personhood" and what constitutes a "natural person."

Can you do that?

I'm betting you can't.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,720
    People get to hide behind the internet, so they get to insult more. I don't resort to insults, but I have plenty of right wingers on my ignore list who can't help themselves.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,720
    Without stopping to think whether what they're saying is true or not.

4. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    They did not win the debate - that is the nature of progressivism. There is no 'win' simply movement to an ultimate goal that cannot ever truly be reached.

I think that the problem with finding anyone that is willing to have an honest debate anymore is that politics has devolved into a team sport where the issues no longer truly matter. All that matters is that they are 'right' and the proof of that is the other side is simply downright evil. It is plastered all over the boards here.

It is impossible to have a decent debate without respect for the other side and their views. Such respect has vanished.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MACAULAY

MACAULAY Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878

We all have our prejudices....and as a Conservative, and someone who had occasion to see what Bill Clinton was forcing Banks to do under the Jimmy Carter's Community Reinvestment Act, here is what I see in your Graph:

1) The surplus under Clinton was mainly a Surplus under Newt Gringrich and the Congress elected under the last semi-rebellion of the Productive Americans. New York Media credits Clinton, but I remember just watching him go along with what he saw that the American People were demanding.

2) In the meantime, he wa forcing banks to loan money to un-creditworthy borrowers. It got to the point, through manipulations by Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac (Now busted out) where a Welfare payment qualified as income for a loan.

George Bush tried to put a stop to it, and Barney Frank called him a Racist for his efforts....also assured America that Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac were solvent, only a little while before they went belly up because of loan guaranties for Borrowers who should never have qualified for the loans.

New York Media blamed Bush and Republicans for the Bank Bust, of course, but it was Clinton & the Democrats who caused it, although it is true that Wall Street got into the action on the Real Estate Bubble created by Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac there at the end....and much complicated the ultimate Bust Out. But, as near as I can tell, while Democrats love to cuss Wall Street, it is made up mostly of Democrats anyway. And it certainly seems to own most Democrats--see Hillary Clinton.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. oldfart

oldfart Older than dirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Each side has its extremists. Most progressives are repulsed by attacks on law enforcement personnel. I recall the standoff when I watched on national television while a small right-wing group lined an overpass and sighted in law enforcement with impunity. Most Americans regardless of politics reacted with disgust to this and the rhetoric being used to justify it. I think most conservatives are appalled by political violence as are most liberals. So let's drop these red herring arguments.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +557
    Let me try again.

Green pelican Spencer upload Republican options Liberal reply.

There is a string of words which have no effective meaning together.

The effective, real life in American definition is it is largely up to the pregnant woman in question as she will not be charged with murder for having an abortion and a man assaulting her who causes the death of the fetus will be charged with murder.

That is the common, unifying truth which largely governs Americans and decides if we get to keep exercising our right to a pursuit of happiness or go to jail. Anything else is a game of semantics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,173
    "Truth" is an oxymoron when used as a debate tactic.

9. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,790
    Ok, let's do this.

Quote the legal definition of a "natural person." Link to the source of that definition and then explain (if you must) why that definition is WRONG. Then, explain WHY the current legal situation that you described should be regarded OVER the one from the legal dictionary.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  10. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,095
    I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying here. Which party are you saying "commits 90% of the transgressions"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.