Where does wealth hatred come from?

Mostly comes from those too lazy, bitter, "victimized" or immature to even attempt to pursue it
Illegal or dependent and broke is not noble my friends
This hate of the wealthy b*******is just more GOP propaganda... Democrats certainly don't hate democratic billionaires who fight for higher taxes on themselves and investment in Americans so we can get healthy demand for product... And then actual healthy economy and middle-class.

You leftists are such saps.

Of course they are for higher taxation--because they are not going to be paying them. People like Buffet and Soros don't have their money tied up in taxable investments. They make their money through capital gains or tax free bonds.

The people at the top of the hill want to stay there and nobody else join them. So tax the people trying to get to the top of that hill and it makes it better for them.

Nobody needs laws or the government to pay more taxes. All these wealthy Democrat people can pay as much tax as they desire. But I'll bet you my months salary to your weeks welfare check that every singe one of them uses every possible deduction government will allow. As George Bush once said about people saying they weren't taxed enough: The IRS accepts personal checks and money orders.
They also want to change what are taxable Investments, Dupe. And I am still retired you insufferable twit.

Mostly comes from those too lazy, bitter, "victimized" or immature to even attempt to pursue it
This hate of the wealthy b*******is just more GOP propaganda... Democrats certainly don't hate democratic billionaires who fight for higher taxes on themselves and investment in Americans so we can get healthy demand for product... And then actual healthy economy and middle-class.

Of course they are for higher taxation--because they are not going to be paying them. People like Buffet and Soros don't have their money tied up in taxable investments. They make their money through capital gains or tax free bonds.

The people at the top of the hill want to stay there and nobody else join them. So tax the people trying to get to the top of that hill and it makes it better for them.

Nobody needs laws or the government to pay more taxes. All these wealthy Democrat people can pay as much tax as they desire. But I'll bet you my months salary to your weeks welfare check that every singe one of them uses every possible deduction government will allow. As George Bush once said about people saying they weren't taxed enough: The IRS accepts personal checks and money orders.
They also want to change what are taxable Investments, Dupe. And I am still retired you insufferable twit.

Send extra in you twit.

If we head for one Democratic Party it won't be because of your worst nightmare of minorities overbreeding. My theory is that the white conservatives in his country have been over-lying.

Overbreeding, allowing them to come in and have anchor babies, fighting for criminals to stay in sanctuary cities, fighting states (like Obama did) for the right to identify and detain illegals for ICE, just a number of things.

They do? Like what besides home mortgage interest?

Well.......the quickest answer is that it comes from the Democrat party and politicians. Hate people because they own businesses, hate people because they don't pay their workers enough, hate people because they get tax breaks, hate people because they have stuff the rest doesn't. It's brainwashing as usual.

But in my opinion, it must have deeper roots than politics.

Hate is usually a defense mechanism. Hate comes from fear or threat. You may hate your supervisor because he or she threatens your future with the company. Hate may come in forms of race where you feel a threat or fear for the safety of your family or investment of your home. Hate may be of gender where a person was abused by their spouse or even a stranger. It comes from somewhere. You don't wake up one morning and say "I really hate that Donald Trump. I didn't mind him yesterday, but today I wish he'd fall off a cliff."

I guess this question is really for the libs since they lead the charge in wealth hatred. If you agree with my assessment that hate derives from fear or threat, what has the wealthy done to you in the past that makes you feel this way? Or is it you were told by the Democrat party to hate wealthy people?

Well.......not all wealthy people of course. Liberals tend to give waivers to sports figures, entertainment figures, lottery winners, people that do things they enjoy instead of working for wealth. But if you went to college, worked your way up the ladder, made investments, and became wealthy through work, you are the worst creature on earth, and the Democrat party simply fuels that flame.

Wealth hatred comes from the poor who have to rationalize being poor, so they demonize anyone with more than them, this is sad because it basically programs children that they must be poor or evil. Very sad

This is such bullshit. The poor don’t hate the wealthy. They hate the lack of opportunities. That where they are born or the colour of their skin determines what they are expected to achieve.

In neighbourhoods where public schools are being replaced by charter schools, the poorest children are dropping out of school. Their parents can’t pay the difference between the vouchers and the tuition so they just get dropped from school rolls.

Lack of funding for inner city schools ensures the generation growing up there now will remain poor.

Our schools are locally funded unless they reach emergency levels where the feds come in and help them out. The people of each community vote how much they wish to contribute to their schools. If they decide to fund as little as possible, they get as little as possible.

However as a whole, the US spends more per capita on education than just about any industrialized country in the world. We have only mediocre results to show for it, but throwing even more money at the problem won't solve it.

The reason lower income areas experience drop outs and substandard education is because the parent is less involved than in better areas. Schools can't educate children alone. The parents need to be involved as well. If a kid isn't paying attention in school, not passing tests, not showing up, there is nothing the best school in the world can do for that kid. And if the parent is not involved, then nothing will work.

However as a whole, the US spends more per capita on education than just about any industrialized country in the world.

You know the problem with that argument right? "as a whole", that is the problem. Sure, the United States spends more "per capita". But that is not due to the spending in inner city school districts with a declining property tax base. There are public schools around here that provide laptops to every student, where the athletic field is astroturf, where the school pays for field trips to France for the French club and has a learjet to fly the debate team around.

Correct. That's because for the most part, schools are locally funded. It gives the area the ability to have whatever kind of schools they want. If you think your schools are substandard, then vote for a property tax increase. If you feel they are doing just fine, then vote against any school tax increase.

Send extra in you twit.
Another incredibly stupid argument... Democrats are only interested in getting the rich to pay more since they don't and are getting all the new wealth for the last 35 years.

They do? Like what besides home mortgage interest?
The Buffett rule is that every rich person should pay as much as their secretaries. I'm no tax expert.

No, supermarkets can't survive in the ghetto because of the thefts committed by blacks. If it's not the shoplifting it's the armed robberies.

Our Target store--closed, our Walmart store--closed, our K-mart store--closed, all for the same reason.

A handout is when you give somebody something they don't have. Taking less from somebody is not a handout.

This nonsense that the wealthy use more government services than the average person is liberal nonsense. The rich person doesn't need the police as often if at all, they don't need Medicare, they don't need Social Security, they don't need food stamps. Yes, they pay into all that, but take nothing in return.

Corporations add to city and state taxation which is why cities and states fight to get businesses to come there. They offer tax abatements because even with the break, they make out like bandits. When a business employs hundreds or thousands of workers, each worker creates taxes for the city and state. A city with large industry areas does much better than cities that have little industry.

If you believe wealthy use government services less than the poor you are absolutely delusional. Like the police. It is not about domestic violence calls or chasing off gang bangers. It is about the protection of PROPERTY. And I can tell you from experience. I have lived in poor rural areas and I have lived in upper class neighborhoods. In the poor rural areas I could go years without ever seeing a law enforcement officer. In the upper class neighborhoods I spoke to them weekly. Social Security, most wealthy people I know have disability insurance. Social Security is built in to those policies, without it the premium would be triple, at least. And I can assure you, no rich person refuses Medicare Part A, very few turn down Part B. Without Medicare they would be paying full retail for health services. When Donald Trump went to the doctor, he paid Medicare rates, he didn't pay full price.

But you ignore the big expenses. As Dragonlady mentioned, the highways. Corporations depend on them to move their goods, hell you should know that better than anyone. But what about the airports and air traffic controllers. The wealthy depend on those airports to land their private jets, they depend on the controllers to keep them from running in to each other. Not to mention they use commercial airlines at a far greater frequency than any poor person. And then there is defense spending, the protection of intellectual property rights, and of course, the protection of the banking system.

That's silly.

Police in upper crust areas are bored to death. No crime means nothing to do, so they often take laser of cars or patrol streets and businesses. Cities depend highly on business revenue to make the city run. Without it, the city falls apart and that has happened to several suburbs in my area. If businesses are getting broken into or employees cars are constantly damaged, the business eventually moves out to a better location.

Transportation companies pay a ton of taxes for roads and highways. In fact, we get taxed by the mile and by how many axles the vehicle has. That's on top of diesel fuel tax which is something like 30 some cents a gallon. However those costs get passed down to our customers who have to indirectly pay them, so they actually pay more for the roads than anybody else. Nobody is doing the businesses any favors, trust me.

Most wealthy people have long-term health insurance that covers them through the remainder of their lives. They don't need SS and they don't need Medicare, and SS does not subsidize them either.

For the most part, airports are self supportive. They are not financed by cities, states or the federal government. Because businesses use the airport more, they also pay more. Nobody is getting a free ride.

Man but you are a hoot. Long term care insurance covers one thing, long term care. It is specifically designed to cover costs NOT COVERED by Medicare. The FAA requested over 16 billion dollars for 2018. Funny, you seem to easily see the 70 billion spent on food stamps but the FAA's 16 billion is invisible. Of course, that is only a part of the Department of Transportation's budget of 98 billion dollar, which eclipses food stamp spending.

Now, to the grocery stores and the inner city. Often times a grocery store moves locations. They upgrade to a new, more modern, facility. Think of one of those stores that closed in your nearby suburb. Did they locate somewhere else? And that old location, is it occupied? Probably not, and not because another grocery store does not want to go in. It is because of deed restrictions. Walmart has 250 old locations sitting empty due to deed restrictions. They claim they welcome competition but refuse to provide infrastructure to competitors. But hell, they didn't build the building, they didn't even own it. They leased it, and when they signed that lease it including deed restrictions preventing another competitor from leasing the facility in the future. It is an insidious form of rent seeking.

If they're paying for it they can do as they please. I'm a landlord, and if one of my tenants moves somewhere else but still paying rent, I could care less as long as the unit is being paid for. In fact I'll make out in the end because nobody is using water and sewer.

Now tell me, if a Walmart moved out of a store, WTF would they care if somebody else moved in? Walmart and similar outlets are what's known as an Anchor Store. What that means is that Walmart will attract customers for all the other stores. Most times that is also written in the contract. If the anchor store folds up, then the other surrounding stores have the option to get out of their lease.

Walmart is not afraid of competition outside of online buying.

What part of DEED restrictions do you not understand? Walmart is not paying rent anymore, but the DEED is restricted. Have you never been part of an HOA? They have deed restrictions. Like mine, no fences in the front yard, a minimum of two trees and those have to be located on opposite sides of the front yard. No pigs, or chickens, or llamas. It doesn't matter who owns the home, the DEED is restricted. So Walmart builds a new store, they sell the building to an investor or REIT and a DEED restriction is attached forbidding another retailer from leasing the property. When Walmart refuses to renew the lease, or pays the penalty for breaking it, the owner is pretty much screwed.

And it is an extension of a common practice. I started out in the grocery business and my father spent his entire career climbing the ladder in that industry. Way back then it was common practice for operators do tear out all the wiring and plumbing when leaving a building. Just like Walmart, they claimed it was not about competition, it was about providing infrastructure to the competition. Rather they continued to operate in that area was irrelevant.

From what I understand, deed restrictions do not apply to rent, they apply to sale of the building. In other words, Walmart will sell you their property provided you don't open up X on it after the sale for X amount of years.

How can Walmart place deed restrictions on a building they don't own or are not paying rent to?

Deed restrictions are powerful and can cause real issues down the line
Whats interesting is sort of the reverse where counties or cities are not on the deed and have no recorded covenants but try and act like they do. The populous are overwhelmingly uninformed when it comes to this.
The county now tells me it's their new law that sellers Must perform a radon inspection on behalf of the buyer
Really? Where is that in the deed? When did the county become part owner? No one is legally required to comply with a contract that they never entered into
Stand up for yourself America and disregard the ever increasing encroachments of governments.

Deed restrictions are powerful and can cause real issues down the line
Whats interesting is sort of the reverse where counties or cities are not on the deed and have no recorded covenants but try and act like they do. The populous are overwhelmingly uninformed when it comes to this.
The county now tells me it's their new law that sellers Must perform a radon inspection on behalf of the buyer
Really? Where is that in the deed? When did the county become part owner? No one is legally required to comply with a contract that they never entered into
Stand up for yourself America and disregard the ever increasing encroachments of governments.

When I have an apartment open, I must (by law) have the city inspect it before I can rent it to somebody else. It costs me $225.00 for the inspection and occupancy permit, and in most cases, the inspectors always find something wrong no matter how many times it was inspected by other city inspectors. But that aside......

If Walmart (or any other entity) has a building up for sale with deed restrictions which prohibit certain retailers from doing business there, doesn't Walmart have to pay property taxes on that empty unit? And if so, do the taxes offset the profits they make by eliminating competition?

Ray From Cleveland, post: 19073023
Overbreeding, allowing them to come in and have anchor babies, fighting for criminals to stay in sanctuary cities, fighting states (like Obama did) for the right to identify and detain illegals for ICE, just a number of things.

Those hate based fears are not what has been causing your ideal white nationalist population advantage to dwindle away. Conservatives like Rush Limbaugh need to stop lying and accept the pluralistic American reality that is coming your way.

You need to stop fearing and embrace what is inevitable, and then you might give your Conservative Party a chance to survive

Last edited:
Ray From Cleveland, post: 19073291
How can Walmart place deed restrictions on a building they don't own or are not paying rent to?

How and why did you blame "black" armed robbers for grocery stores like Walmart leaving inner city neighborhoods since it
is apparent now that you didn't know about a major problem that is a major cause that large national grocery stores do not operate or quit operating in pockets where people live in poverty.

How and why did you blame "black" armed robbers for grocery stores like Walmart leaving inner city neighborhoods since it
is apparent now that you didn't know about a major problem that is a major cause that large national grocery stores do not operate or quit operating in pockets where people live in poverty.
. Ok, so what's the connection to people living in poverty, and stores not operating in pockets to serve them anymore ? Let's see there is the huge expense of busing that is taking people to areas in the cities where people can shop at any store they desire these days, so with the mobility to move around that people have these days, it's really about placing markets in area's that will bring the most profits, and not about poor and the rich issue. Now what I have seen, is that poor people who live in poor neighborhoods, and who are sadly affected by all that goes on in those situations, that when they come to the grocery store it's as if some of them don't know how to act. It presents problems that people can't wrap their heads around, and it causes the profiling and stereotyping to go on.

The only thing that works is when you have intervention in those areas by those who get out so to speak, and yet return to help, and to try and save their brothers and sisters who are stuck, and are being subjected to some awful things that thrive in such situations.

Blaming the rich for what goes on in the impoverished areas is not always correct, because people have a bad tendency to go astray when left to their own devices. The amount of money that has been pumped into the poor area's in order to save the so called poor or poor area's is huge looking back, and it seems to only place a bandaid on the situation instead of completely fixing it once and for all. Without the total cooperation of those being helped, it will never end.

Usery seems to be the game learned most of all by the people who stretch forth their hand for assistance, but then take that help in vain because they end up listening to voices that pull them right back down into the blame game.

. Question - If there are huge profits to be made for any retailer in a so called poor neighborhood, then do you think that anything or anyone would be able to stop the retailer from moving in to get after those profits ??

Nothing would stop them, even if they had to secure the place like a fort, and use a security wan on everyone that passes through the door. In the end it's all about profits, so what could the area's do in order to be more attractive to gain some businesses back if the reason they left was due to no profit incentives for them to remain or return ?? Security is a huge issue for some, so what can be done in that area as well ??

Look.........I happen to live in one of those neighborhoods. Before blacks moved in, we had some of the largest malls at the time, and more businesses knocking on the door to get in. The largest in the country was a place called Randall Park Mall, which is about ten minutes from my home. It closed down years ago even though it opened up in the mid 70's. Another is Southgate Park Mall which is still open, but half abandoned and has been for many years as well. They used to have parades every year for the mall hosted by a then well known actor named Ted Night. He was famous for his role on the Marty Tyler Moore show.

Fast forward to today, and our Walmart closed down as well as our K-Mart. Both were renown for shoplifting and keeping the police busy. I used to shop at Walmart and it was always very busy. But again, the losses from theft outweighed the high volume of people.

Randall Mall was an eyesore after most of the stores left. It closed down several years ago and has been vacant. Thank goodness Amazon recently bought the huge property and are making a distribution center out of it. They will be able to survive because it won't be a store.

ourselves.

no one - and i mean NO ONE makes me do or feel a thing. that is my choice. ergo, it comes from me.

Where does wealth hatred come from?
From jealous poor people.

Corporations have been awash in cash since they started outsourcing. The tax cut will do nothing for investment, wages or job creation.

Then there’s the whole question of cutting taxes and increasing government spending to increase jobs in a full-employment economy. Who does that and why would they?
spend and finance is all the right wing knows how to do.

Forum List

Back