"Where Congress Is Not Willing To Act, We're Going To Go Ahead And Do It Ourselves"..

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Very chilling words. I truly hope Americans are paying attention to his words.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1OT5gzb48]2016 Obama's America Trailer 2 - YouTube[/ame]

"When Congress refuses to act, then i have an obligation as President, to do what i can without them."

His words. Pay very close attention to his words. That's my advice to Americans before they head out to vote on Election Day.

Ohhhhh very chilling......wait, what?

Oh you mean the scary rabid right wing meme about the Executive Orders where the president is empowered to direct the federal bureaucracy that works for, surprisingly enough, the President. Congress can always overturn an EO with legistation.

Or were you talking about that dumb movie trailer.......

Oh you mean the scary rabid right wing meme about the Executive Orders where the president is empowered to direct the federal bureaucracy that works for, surprisingly enough, the President. Congress can always overturn an EO with legistation.

Obviously, you refuse to listen to his words. But i understand. It heavily conflicts with your Bot-programming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRbqMGtvQD0]2016: Obama's America - Trailer 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Obviously, you refuse to listen to his words. But i understand. It heavily conflicts with your Bot-programming.

Since our do NOTHING Congress has the lowest approval rating in history, I doubt too many will find this BS "chilling"....

Since our do NOTHING Congress has the lowest approval rating in history, I doubt too many will find this BS "chilling"....

That's nothing to gloat about. Americans should care.

They SHOULD care that the people our taxes PAY to go and do Governmental business on our behalf are doing NOTHING.

"When Congress refuses to act, then i have an obligation as President, to do what i can without them."

His words. Pay very close attention to his words. That's my advice to Americans before they head out to vote on Election Day.

The totalitarianism you are worried about is not going to come from the Executive. It will come from the Legislative.

This is amazing innit? Libtards are perfectly willing to do away with our system of checks and balances. They prefer a dick tater ship.

This is amazing innit? Libtards are perfectly willing to do away with our system of checks and balances. They prefer a dick tater ship.

America's Government needs to function. There is much to be done. If Congress refuses to do it (inclusive of D, R and I), then SOMEONE needs to. Obviously, no one within our current Congress is worried about the backlash of not doing their jobs, which speaks volumes about the people who elect them.

Executive orders have been issued by every single president we've had. It is perfectly congruent with our system of checks and balances. What is unchecked are agencies like the NSA and DEA. That is where fascism is creeping in. Not Libo-Pauli's pseudo-fear of this presidents EO's.

The background of the above quote and video from the first post:

Yesterday, President Obama ignited controversy when he appointed Richard Cordray as head of the Consumer Financial Protection Board and three new members to the National Labor Relations Board. Recess appointments are, of course, normal occurrences in the course of a presidency. George W. Bush had made over sixty by this point in his first term.

The problem? The Senate isn't in recess right now. They're in a pro forma session, an informal session in which they do not conduct business, but nonetheless, not a recess. Obama's move -- appointing officials without Senate confirmation while the Senate is in session -- is entirely unprecedented.

His defense? He had to.

In his speech defending the appointment (watch the clip here), the president said:

But when Congress refuses to act, and as a result, hurts our economy and puts our people at risk, then I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them. I’ve got an obligation to act on behalf of the American people. And I’m not going to stand by while a minority in the Senate puts party ideology ahead of the people that we were elected to serve. Not with so much at stake, not at this make-or-break moment for middle-class Americans. We’re not going to let that happen.
Actually, Mr. President, if you were paying any attention at all during your inauguration, you would know that your only obligation is to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." If the Senate is in session, you are required to have its consent before appointing an official. And the Senate was in session -- however technically.

Who needs the Constitution? Certainly not Obama.

Link

**Bold mine

America's Government needs to function. There is much to be done. If Congress refuses to do it (inclusive of D, R and I), then SOMEONE needs to. Obviously, no one within our current Congress is worried about the backlash of not doing their jobs, which speaks volumes about the people who elect them.

or could it be the checks and balances are working? When you have half and half both wanting something different, then what to do? Nothing. Thus checks and balances. Compromise would be the best course, but seeing how far apart they seem to be, then nothing is better than what happened with Obamacare. Unless, that is, you are only concerned with what your half is wanting, be damned with the other?

Last edited:
So, what was Reagan doing by taking weapons from America, selling them to Iran and then aiding the Contras all against the express will of Congress and against the Constitution?

You know, it is really scary to think he will ramp up backdoor legislating from what he has already done, but I wouldn't doubt it, even if there is a majority Congress to the right, what is to prevent him from doing just that? He seems to think nothing.

They SHOULD care that the people our taxes PAY to go and do Governmental business on our behalf are doing NOTHING.

Government is doing too much already. A 'Do-Nothing Congress' is exactly what we need. But that's not really the point. It's the Checks & Balances.

The totalitarianism you are worried about is not going to come from the Executive. It will come from the Legislative.

If Checks & Balances are preserved, there will never be Totalitarianism.

Is Obama's America really what the American People want? I guess we'll see.

Is Obama's America really what the American People want? I guess we'll see.

The problem is that many Americans who vote are not paying close enough attention to what is going on. I know far too many people who vote by the political commercials or based on what MSM tells them.

Digging deeper to know what is the truth and what is actually happening in Washington would require some effort of which most many people are not willing to put forth. There is reality TV to be watching and sound bytes to comprehend.

Forum List

Back