Where Are The Jobs? No Job Bill Yet.

I never voted for the big dig

go ahead and list away just make sure you include how much over budget each one of those "successful" projects ended up being.

Hoover dam
TVA
Interstate highway system

Reshaped the nation

How much over budget were they?

You just can't admit that government projects are rife with corruption can you?

I admit that certain projects are so grand in scale and challenge that budgets are not achievable. That does not mean that the projects were not worthwhile. Without govt investment in our infrastructure, we would be a third world country

Panama canal was grossly over budget. That does not mean it was not worthwhile

Hoover dam
TVA
Interstate highway system

Reshaped the nation

I admit that certain projects are so grand in scale and challenge that budgets are not achievable. That does not mean that the projects were not worthwhile. Without govt investment in our infrastructure, we would be a third world country

So the ends justify the means in your book.

The government collects billions in taxes that are supposed to be for roads and yet the roads suck. Why? Because the fucking government does not know how to handle our money that's why.

And please come up with some logical explanation for the big dig budget overruns other than waste corruption and outright fraud.

Federal Bureau of Investigation - The Boston Division: Department of Justice Press Release

Big Dig Ceiling Collapse - Special Reports - Boston Globe - Boston.com

The government collects billions in taxes that are supposed to be for roads and yet the roads suck. Why? Because the fucking government does not know how to handle our money that's why.

And please come up with some logical explanation for the big dig budget overruns other than waste corruption and outright fraud.

Federal Bureau of Investigation - The Boston Division: Department of Justice Press Release

I don't really give a shit about the big dig

Without government expenditure in infrastructure we would have no roads, bridges, subways, ports, navigable rivers, canals, ,communications, satellites
Beaches, sewer systems, water networks..

Yes .....the end justifies the means

So make the case that wasteful spending and the fucking government hiring more people than it needs at the tax payers expense is good for the country.

We have the best government in the world

If you disagree....name one better

Waste is in the eye of the beholder
No waste is in the wallet, specifically our wallets.

the big dig was supposed to cost taxpayers 2.2 billion it ended up costing over 15 billion.

Waste?
Corruption?
Bribery?

or all of the above?

20 or hell even 50% over budget might be explainable but tell me how do you explain away 700% over budget?

How much over budget and over due date is Iraq?
Was supposed to cost 40 bill or so and last maybe 6 months....
Where are we? Around 10 years and a trillion or so?

Without government expenditure in infrastructure we would have no roads, bridges, subways, ports, navigable rivers, canals, ,communications, satellites

you should, you paid for it.

When did I ever say not to spend any money? I want it spent responsibly and to the greatest effect.

You don't give a shit how much money the government wastes or how much corruption and fraud the fucking government is involved in but some of us do.

When did I ever say not to spend any money? I want it spent responsibly and to the greatest effect.

You don't give a shit how much money the government wastes or how much corruption and fraud the fucking government is involved in but some of us do.

Umm no one has paid for it yet just like the Iraq war.
Well those who died and are disabled paid.

so you not only get to pay the 700% cost overruns but the fucking interest on it too.

That's grrrreeeaattt!

so you not only get to pay the 700% cost overruns but the fucking interest on it too.

That's grrrreeeaattt!

Not me I will not be around then. Perhaps our grandchildren will pay for that and the Iraq war too.

That's grrrreeeaattt!

Not me I will not be around then. Perhaps our grandchildren will pay for that and the Iraq war too.

Yeah who gives a fuck.

I'm going to go buy something and never pay for it. We should all do that because it'll make us feel better.

We will have an economic recovery when we answer the question, "Recover to what?" Can we go back to using our houses as ATM machines to buy televisions from China? Nope. We have no vision of what we are trying to build. No legislation can fix that. "Recover to what?" Answer that, and recover. Answer it not, and we will languish in recession/depression forever.

Forum List

Back