How to start reducing the deficit:

R

rdean

1. Get rid of those insane tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires. What were they thinking?

2. End that "drugs for votes" bill Republicans passed through reconciliation that costs trillions.

3. Phase out benefits for people who have over 20 million dollars.

4. Mandate a Public Option.

5. Phase out military bases in places like Germany (who is currently trying to buy the New York Stock Exchange).

6. Reduce benefits for people until 64 and 67 instead of 62 and 65. Do Republicans really want to see 70 year old police and firemen? I want to see to 70 year old medics carry someone to an ambulance. Oops, send another ambulance.

7. Move those who never paid in to "welfare". It's retarded to give people who never paid into SS benefits, unless it's to 21 because their parents died. Or because it was a housewife or something.

8. Slap tariffs on foreign products that infringe on US Patents. And I mean hit them hard. What is it foreign countries bring here that we are so desperate for? 70" TVs? Also with companies that use unfair practices. Paying workers 51 cents an hour is a disgrace. We are better than that.

9. Make a serious investment in "infrastructure". You can't compete if your country is falling apart. A growing economy always shrinks the deficit.

10. Seriously invest in "American" energy.

I don't understand what it is Americans think they need from overseas? We grow a large portion of the worlds food and make most of the worlds medicines. Thanks to OSHA and the EPA and sensible regulations, most of our natural resources are healthy and can be farmed and renewed. Simply put, what is it we need from over there that we can't make here?

Dumb ass. Your "solutions" will shrink the tax base and drive business out while starting trade wars. I hate the fact we can not tax foreign stuff in retaliation for their practices but the reality is that just creates trade wars.

Dumb ass. Your "solutions" will shrink the tax base and drive business out while starting trade wars. I hate the fact we can not tax foreign stuff in retaliation for their practices but the reality is that just creates trade wars.

I'm an idiot and you can't name a single reason none of these work.

This is the problem with Republicans. No ideas, no imagination and dumb.

1. Raise taxes.

2. Slash spending.
1. Slash spending

2. Slash spending.

3. Eliminate federal mandates to the states that hide the costs of excessive federal spending.

You can slash spending all you want, but if the economy is shrinking, it will never be enough. Try to figure out why.

Finally a post that most everyone can agree with!

Finally a post that most everyone can agree with!

I agree.

How to start reducing the deficit:

Get rid of the politicians for a start.

Eliminate the self admitted failed Dept. of Education...Close to $50 billion annually,
Spend $100,000,000 to hire teams of investigators out in the field and eliminate most welfare fraud...Close to $4 billion annually.
Keep them on and eliminate most Social Security disability fraud..approximately $11 billion annually.

That's a savings of $65 billion a year..and we are just getting started.

Eliminate the self admitted failed Dept. of Education...Close to $50 billion annually,
Spend $100,000,000 to hire teams of investigators out in the field and eliminate most welfare fraud...Close to $4 billion annually.
Keep them on and eliminate most Social Security disability fraud..approximately $11 billion annually.

That's a savings of $65 billion a year..and we are just getting started.

Just curious. How much will all those investigators cost? How big will that "grow government"? And while we are at it, Republicans want to monitor every single pregnant women in the United States to make sure she gives birth.

Not saying your ideas are "bad". But have they been thought through?

1. Raise taxes.

2. Slash spending.
1. Slash spending

2. Slash spending.

3. Eliminate federal mandates to the states that hide the costs of excessive federal spending.

You can slash spending all you want, but if the economy is shrinking, it will never be enough. Try to figure out why.
The hell you say?!?!?

I thought that your Mulatto Messiah had the economy booming again.

Oh, well...*shrug*

The easiest way to reduce the deficit is to reverse spending back to 2007 levels. We did perfectly well without the added spending.

And then, let's find more to cut.

1. Slash spending

2. Slash spending.

The hell you say?!?!?

I thought that your Mulatto Messiah had the economy booming again.

Oh, well...*shrug*

Mulatto Messiah? There's a racist comment I hadn't heard before. Good job.

Eliminate tax welfare.
The IRS should never...ever...write checks to people that is more than the total they paid in.

We spend 250 billion a year on overseas military bases and such....

Not to say some shouldn't close...however many absolutely ensure stability in the region they are in. America has ENORMOUS influence throughout the world for two reasons - our economy and our military.
We are losing grip on one of those, perhaps losing both is not a great idea.

New Topics

Forum List

Back