Where are all the "faith" healers

They didn't bring it back here. Surely you see the humanitarian value here? Would you say the same of unicef and Doctors Without Borders that are there?
I wonder if these mission workers are actually making this worse.
They are over there serving the frontlines. Dr. Kent Brantly, that has donated his blood? He is with Samaritin's Purse. Hecwas working at ELWA hospital in Liberia, where he contracted the disease. Before these organizations started helping out there, the death rate from the zaire strain was at approximately 90%. Today it is just below 70%.
And spreading where it hasn't spread before....
That doesn't change the possibility that they are spreading germs along with Jesus. And yes, a couple of them did bring it back here. Only they were very lucky to be treated by professionals and cured.

The gifts of healing that the disciples had ended when John died. The last disciple. All we can do now is pray.
Praying doesn't work either.

How do you know?
Really??? Millions of people have prayed over and over for something to happen and never got the results they wanted. There have also been countless studies to see if prayer had any more advantages than non-prayer and there was no correlation. For every time you can tell me somebody got the result they wanted because they prayed for it I can show you a thousand that didn't.

The gifts of healing that the disciples had ended when John died. The last disciple. All we can do now is pray.

How do you know?
Really??? Millions of people have prayed over and over for something to happen and never got the results they wanted. There have also been countless studies to see if prayer had any more advantages than non-prayer and there was no correlation. For every time you can tell me somebody got the result they wanted because they prayed for it I can show you a thousand that didn't.

So you are God?

How do you know?

So you are God?
No evidence for a god and praying certainly shows that there is no evidence for a god that is concerned with human affairs.

How do you know?

So you are God?
No evidence for a god and praying certainly shows that there is no evidence for a god that is concerned with human affairs.

as far as you know.

They did not spread it here. All precautions were taken to ensure that.
Whether you wish to admit it or not, around 85% of those groups that have been active helping in these ebola ridden countries are faith based. How much worse would it be there if you removed them all?
They didn't bring it back here. Surely you see the humanitarian value here? Would you say the same of unicef and Doctors Without Borders that are there?
They are over there serving the frontlines. Dr. Kent Brantly, that has donated his blood? He is with Samaritin's Purse. Hecwas working at ELWA hospital in Liberia, where he contracted the disease. Before these organizations started helping out there, the death rate from the zaire strain was at approximately 90%. Today it is just below 70%.
That doesn't change the possibility that they are spreading germs along with Jesus. And yes, a couple of them did bring it back here. Only they were very lucky to be treated by professionals and cured.

I wonder if these mission workers are actually making things worse.

Depends on the missionaries. Many are providing comfort to the dying. That can only be a good thing.
If that's what they are only providing. For example samaratin's purse has reportedly given aid if those in need sit through prayer meetings. While spreading Jesus they are also spreading germs. Ebola was pretty much a local problem before they and other do gooders got involved.
you may be right Ravi .

How do you know?
And that, my friend, shows you do not understand prayer.

How do you know?
Care to explain it to me then because whenever someone uses prayer to get a result they want, most times they do not get the result they want.

Whether you wish to admit it or not, around 85% of those groups that have been active helping in these ebola ridden countries are faith based. How much worse would it be there if you removed them all?
That's the question. If your primary goal is to convert people, or, ahem, offer spiritual aid, you are by definition spreading more than the gospel. You are bringing together people in groups that might have had a better chance of survival if left to live their own lives.

How do you know?
Care to explain it to me then because whenever someone uses prayer to get a result they want, most times they do not get the result they want.

You can't possibly know that.

What are you talking about? These are doctors, nurses, missionaries delivering protective equipment. The y have helped bring the death rate from 90% down to around 70%, and even 50% in areas that did not have access to care.
That's the question. If your primary goal is to convert people, or, ahem, offer spiritual aid, you are by definition spreading more than the gospel. You are bringing together people in groups that might have had a better chance of survival if left to live their own lives.

What are you talking about? These are doctors, nurses, missionaries delivering protective equipment. The y have helped bring the death rate from 90% down to around 70%, and even 50% in areas that did not have access to care.
What I'm talking about is that maybe their interference helped spread the disease in the first place.

What I'm talking about is that maybe their interference helped spread the disease in the first place.
yep. Analogous to Columbus & his people "saving' the savages from themselves. they ended up decimating them.

If that were true the rate would being going up-not down.
Give it up. You have every right for your beliefs, but I also have a right to mine. Strange how atheists feel it is their duty to disparage others of their beliefs, yet I haven't seen anyone of faith here, disparage you of yours. Sad commentary, that.

If that were true the rate would being going up-not down.
Give it up. You have every right for your beliefs, but I also have a right to mine. Strange how atheists feel it is their duty to disparage others of their beliefs, yet I haven't seen anyone of faith here, disparage you of yours. Sad commentary, that.
I'm not an atheist and I'm not married to a belief. You can't even admit that mission workers could have made things worse by putting converts in close proximity to each other while not having any infectious disease training.

Their primary goal is to help those people. They are not there to proselytize. One thing you don't seem to understand, just helping those in need is enough.

Why aren't the visiting the hospitals that are treating people with Ebola?

Why aren't the going to Africa to have mass cures?

Isn't this their big chance to show they aren't con artists that prey (pray) on the gullible and weak minded?

"Where are all the faith healers?"

Um, in court? :)

Or already dead or raptured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back