When you scream "You lie" to an African American...you're a racist.

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
This from your source:

The latest fallout from Wilson's outburst, however, is the first time race has been injected into the controversy.

"As African-American newspaper publishers we stand in solidarity with the NAACP and fully support the economic boycott of South Carolina," NNPA Chairman Danny J. Bakewell Sr. said. "Rep. Wilson's remarks were racist, disrespectful, and a disingenuous violation -- not only of President Obama -- but to the institution of the presidency and only solidified our position and the importance in not spending black dollars where black people are not respected.

"The continued public and blatant disrespect of President Barack Obama by members of Congress will not be rewarded with our dollars nor will a state that continues to uphold America's shameful past by flying the Confederate flag," he added.

Wilson's office could not be reached for comment Friday.

and I say, so what? Wilson went above and beyond during the president's address and any caucus can have an opinion on that. Some of the house repubs, like Cantor, are taking that rude behavior to the campaign trail.

We'll see how that plays out for them.

the thing is with Wilson is that he was in a formal setting. he shouldn't of had an outburst like that. he was acting like one of those town hall meeting mobsters.

however i do think this is getting blown out of proportion. yes Wilson should have been told off for his outburst. but it should have just ended there. It's not that big of a deal. People in England shout all the time when they are in parliament sessions.

putting this incident aside. Obama is receiving a lot of disrespect from republicans. Even more than the disrespect Bush received from democrats. Obama was receiving venomous comments and disrespect the minute he was announced the democratic nominee for president. I think it's kinda of naive of republicans to recognize the racism that goes on with their members. I remember seeing those people at McCain rallies and their racist comments that went. I remember seeing one kid about 12 shouting when a picture of Obama was showed "is that the monkey from Tarzan".
the hostility towards Obama is something I never seen before. I think it would be naive to say race doesn't play at least a little part in the republican's anger towards Obama.

Last edited:
the thing is with Wilson is that he was in a formal setting. he shouldn't of had an outburst like that. he was acting like one of those town hall meeting mobsters.

however i do think this is getting blown out of proportion. yes Wilson should have been told off for his outburst. but it should have just ended there. It's not that big of a deal. People in England shout all the time when they are in parliament sessions.

putting this incident aside. Obama is receiving a lot of disrespect from republicans. Even more than the disrespect Bush received from democrats. Obama was receiving venomous comments and disrespect the minute he was announced the democratic nominee for president. I think it's kinda of naive of republicans to recognize the racism that goes on with their members. I remember seeing those people at McCain rallies and their racist comments that went. I remember seeing one kid about 12 shouting when a picture of Obama was showed "is that the monkey from Tarzan".
the hostility towards Obama is something I never seen before. I think it would be naive to say race doesn't play at least a little part in the republican's anger towards Obama.

So the State of the Union Address before a Joint Session of Congress is an appropriate place for Democrats to boo President Bush and cat call, but it is not the proper place for someone to call a Liar , well, a liar to his face?

Obama LIED and continues to lie about the Health Care Bill. We must either decide he is to stupid to know what he is saying is not true OR we must conclude he is PURPOSEFULLY DECEIVING the American people. Which one do you pick?

The local cons have been very embarrassed by the behavior of the Joe Wilsons of the party. The local Dems have not said much about it, because there was no need to say anything about it. Wilson's stupid behavior condemns itself and the entire party.

So the State of the Union Address before a Joint Session of Congress is an appropriate place for Democrats to boo President Bush and cat call, but it is not the proper place for someone to call a Liar , well, a liar to his face?

Obama LIED and continues to lie about the Health Care Bill. We must either decide he is to stupid to know what he is saying is not true OR we must conclude he is PURPOSEFULLY DECEIVING the American people. Which one do you pick?

Retired thinks the posters here are too "stupid to know what he [Retired] is" writing about the President and HCR is outright lying.

Tell the truth, Retired, and begin with an apology.

.... Obama is receiving a lot of disrespect from republicans. Even more than the disrespect Bush received from democrats. ....
I guess you didn't hear the brilliant use of 'chimp' from the opposition, for example.
.... Obama was receiving venomous comments and disrespect the minute he was announced the democratic nominee for president. I think it's kinda of naive of republicans to recognize the racism that goes on with their members. I remember seeing those people at McCain rallies and their racist comments that went. I remember seeing one kid about 12 shouting when a picture of Obama was showed "is that the monkey from Tarzan".
Yet yelling "you lie" to an African-American is not racist.

Retired thinks the posters here are too "stupid to know what he [Retired] is" writing about the President and HCR is outright lying.

So you are claiming Bush did not get booed and no cat calls were made? Thanks for proving just how fucking BRAIN DEAD you really are.

i just said in my post Bush received disrespect from democrats. So obviously if I used the word disrespect then I find the democrats behavior unacceptable. I couldn't stand Bush. But to have outburst towards any president when congress is in session is not classy. And people should control themselves when in congress. And respect the President while speaking. Even if he is lying.

I think there is place and time for outburst. Congress is not one of them. And this goes for republicans and democrats.

and by the way I'm neither a republican or democrat. I'm an independent.

Last edited:
I am amused. Very amused.. The same pissed of demoncwats who thought it foolish to boycott Scotland now call for boycotting South Carolina? :lol::lol::lol::lol: whew doggie!

putting this incident aside.[B] Obama is receiving a lot of disrespect from republicans. Even more than the disrespect Bush received from democrats. [/B]Obama was receiving venomous comments and disrespect the minute he was announced the democratic nominee for president. I think it's kinda of naive of republicans to recognize the racism that goes on with their members. I remember seeing those people at McCain rallies and their racist comments that went. I remember seeing one kid about 12 shouting when a picture of Obama was showed "is that the monkey from Tarzan".

You will have to work hard to prove that.

I couldn't believe what I read in this story!!!

NNPA Chairman Danny J. Bakewell Sr. said. "Rep. Wilson's remarks were racist, disrespectful, and a disingenuous violation -- not only of President Obama -- but to the institution of the presidency and only solidified our position and the importance in not spending black dollars where black people are not respected.

Black Publishers Cry Racism Over Wilson Outburst, Join Boycott of South Carolina - Political News - FOXNews.com

Instead of actually addressing the reason behind the outburst, those that are intellectually weak will just fling out false accusations of racism. It's so much easier to do that than to honestly look at the facts.

So you are claiming Bush did not get booed and no cat calls were made? Thanks for proving just how fucking BRAIN DEAD you really are.

You know they don't get paid to read

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1509175-post4.html

Democrats (after 5 years of holding their tongues) were just following the trend of booing set by Republicans when Clinton was president.

Abeit, they didn't go so far as pubbies did - 20 republicans WALKING OUT ON THE PRESIDENT in a SOTU...

the thing is with Wilson is that he was in a formal setting. he shouldn't of had an outburst like that. he was acting like one of those town hall meeting mobsters

mobsters???

They looked like just regular American citizens.

(Many in their senior years)

Who are voicing their objections to Obama's health plan.

the thing is with Wilson is that he was in a formal setting. he shouldn't of had an outburst like that. he was acting like one of those town hall meeting mobsters

mobsters???

Voicing your opinion against Mr Obama is mob mentality, voicing your opinion against a republican is patriotic.
Silly Sunni Man, don't you understand that? :lol:

mobsters???

Voicing your opinion against Mr Obama is mob mentality, voicing your opinion against a republican is patriotic.
Silly Sunni Man, don't you understand that? :lol:
I stand corrected :doubt:

Forum List

Back