When you scream "You lie" to an African American...you're a racist.

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by PatekPhilippe, Sep 12, 2009.

1. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JW Frogen

JW Frogen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Despite the idiot outburst the assertion that the rant "you lie" is racist rather than just contrary reveals how race obessed, dare I say racist, too many African Americans still are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    no it is disrespectful because he is the president.

4. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441

So, were you all outraged at the disrespect of PRESIDENT Bush?

Democrats Heckled Bush During Speeches; Harry Reid Called Him A Liar | KXNet.com North Dakota News

Democrats Heckled Bush During Speeches; Harry Reid Called Him A Liar | KXNet.com North Dakota News

Democrats Heckled Bush During Speeches; Harry Reid Called Him A Liar | Say Anything: North Dakota's Most Popular Political Blog

Gotta love how EVERYTHING is racist now that there's a BLACK man in the WHITE HOUSE.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,004
    This from your source:

and I say, so what? Wilson went above and beyond during the president's address and any caucus can have an opinion on that. Some of the house repubs, like Cantor, are taking that rude behavior to the campaign trail.

We'll see how that plays out for them.

6. nia588

nia588 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    the thing is with Wilson is that he was in a formal setting. he shouldn't of had an outburst like that. he was acting like one of those town hall meeting mobsters.

however i do think this is getting blown out of proportion. yes Wilson should have been told off for his outburst. but it should have just ended there. It's not that big of a deal. People in England shout all the time when they are in parliament sessions.

putting this incident aside. Obama is receiving a lot of disrespect from republicans. Even more than the disrespect Bush received from democrats. Obama was receiving venomous comments and disrespect the minute he was announced the democratic nominee for president. I think it's kinda of naive of republicans to recognize the racism that goes on with their members. I remember seeing those people at McCain rallies and their racist comments that went. I remember seeing one kid about 12 shouting when a picture of Obama was showed "is that the monkey from Tarzan".
    the hostility towards Obama is something I never seen before. I think it would be naive to say race doesn't play at least a little part in the republican's anger towards Obama.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  7. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    So the State of the Union Address before a Joint Session of Congress is an appropriate place for Democrats to boo President Bush and cat call, but it is not the proper place for someone to call a Liar , well, a liar to his face?

Obama LIED and continues to lie about the Health Care Bill. We must either decide he is to stupid to know what he is saying is not true OR we must conclude he is PURPOSEFULLY DECEIVING the American people. Which one do you pick?

8. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,602
    The local cons have been very embarrassed by the behavior of the Joe Wilsons of the party. The local Dems have not said much about it, because there was no need to say anything about it. Wilson's stupid behavior condemns itself and the entire party.

9. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,602
    Retired thinks the posters here are too "stupid to know what he [Retired] is" writing about the President and HCR is outright lying.

Tell the truth, Retired, and begin with an apology.

10. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I guess you didn't hear the brilliant use of 'chimp' from the opposition, for example.
    Yet yelling "you lie" to an African-American is not racist.