When will republicans admit ACA is working well? Doing everything it said it would?

Dunno how well well is, my Mom mentioned how difficult it is now to get appointments. Joked with her, "Say you think you have ebola. That'll clear the waiting room." :)

--LOL

true

several years ago

we lived in Minnesota the town Mankato made national news

for a outbreak of meningitis

during that time i had to run some billings up to the state in St Paul

wore my college sweat shirt that day

i seemed to get ahead in the line wherever i went

When it starts working as intended and more people are insured or paying significantly less in their premiums for better coverage. You know instead of people losing their insurance and paying more in premiums and deductibles for crappier service as they currently are.

No one who cares about the truth is going to admit to a lie just because don't want to accept it billy

Hmm looks like Billy abandonded the thread when it became clear his ass was getting handed to him.

You didn't expect him to stay and admit he was wrong did you?

I know better than that.
But the ACA has been such an unmitigated failure it is the poster child for poorly conceived poorly drafted, poorly worded, poorly implemented big government programs. Only a lib could deny that.

Just curious?

The only people who think Obamacare is great are those who are on a group plan and are not effected. Or they are those whose income is such that they receive subsidizes.

I will think it a success when my company drops me in 2015 and allows me the opportunity to buy health care on the open market. No subsidizes for me.

Last edited:
If we are going to be forced to keep this monstrosity called Obamacare then in my opinion there is only one fair way to do it, my apologies to anyone who does not agree. The only fair way is that EVERYONE, rich, poor, politician, disabled, aged and others are in the same pool. Cost could then be fairly spread out over EVERYONE. Everyone would be required to pay SOMETHING into the system it would not be a free ride or anyone. Free leads to abuse. Of course the poor would need to be subsidized in some fashion. I realize single payer is something that those who have company plans now don't want but if we are to keep Obamacare it is the only fair way to work the system. Why we need so many health care insurance companies is a mystery to me.

If you disagree, fine, just rationally give your reasons I can be swayed.

oops, links IN ARTICLE at the site

SNIP:

Politics: Aetna: Actual ObamaCare enrollment turning out way lower than the White House said

Image Credit:

Published by: Dan Calabrese on Tuesday August 12th, 2014
Dan Calabrese

And they should know because they're the ones not collecting the premiums.

Much of the left has been trying its best to push the notion that "ObamaCare is working," largely based on the announced enrollment total of anywhere from 8 million to 10 million that has come out of the White House. Since this was more than the 7 million they originally said they needed to make the system viable, viola . . . success!

One problem: They counted everyone who enrolled, without regard to whether enrollees ever paid a premium. If you don't pay the premium, you're not insured and you're not part of the system. Thus, your enrollment is meaningless and there's no serious measure that can count you. So how is this phase of the implementation going?

Not well, if the experience of Aetna - one of the largest insurers participating in the system - is any indication. Investors Business Daily reports:

The nation's third-largest health insurer had 720,000 people sign up for exchange coverage as of May 20, a spokesman confirmed to IBD. At the end of June, it had fewer than 600,000 paying customers. Aetna expects that to fall to "just over 500,000" by the end of the year.

That would leave Aetna's paid enrollment down as much as 30% from that May sign-up tally.

"I think we will see some attrition ... We're already seeing it. And we expect that to continue through the end of the year," CEO Mark Bertolini said in a July 29 conference call.

It's not clear how representative Aetna's experience is of broader exchange trends, or whether its projection may be too conservative. (If it were representative, a similar 30% decline would drop ObamaCare enrollment to 6 million or less.)

Still, as one of ObamaCare's largest players, participating in exchanges in 16 states plus D.C., Aetna's experience provides a pretty good window into what is happening across the country, and there are other indications that enrollment has turned down.

Cigna (NYSE:CI) said that it expects its individual market customers, including more than 100,000 in the exchanges, to "move from 300,000 down to 280,000 in that range," Cigna CEO David Cordani said in a conference call.

Other major insurers danced around questions about attrition on recent earnings conference calls, but none denied that it was occurring.

Granted, you can't assume that Aetna's level of attrition will prove to be what happens across the board. The industry overall could do better. Or it could do worse.

Assuming Aetna's experience is not way out of line with what other insurers experience, where does ObamaCare end up if it's back down to only 6 million enrollees, especially given the likely problem of adverse selection that sees those insured through ObamaCare policies skew sicker and older than the population in general?

Politics: Aetna: Actual ObamaCare enrollment turning out way lower than the White House said | Best of Cain

Just curious?

The only people who think Obamacare is great are those who are on a group plan and are not effected. Or they are those whose income is such that they receive subsidizes.

I will think it a success when my company drops me in 2015 and allows me the opportunity to buy health care on the open market. No subsidizes for me.

yeah, for the few who are getting it free, its great. for everyone else, is sucks.

When will lefties stop posting stuff that begins with "when will republicans". The ACA is a mess. Hospitals are gong broke and doctors are quitting their practices. The whopper that Obama told about keeping your own doctor is still a lie. We are only into about a thousand pages into the 5,000 page mess. Wait until other stuff that democrats authorized but never read comes popping up and wait until the little army of corrupt IRS agents come knocking on your door demanding money.

Wait for people to realize they get no income tax "refund."

Forum List

Back