When Will My Lucky Streak End?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
So, far my puts have had a 95% expiration worthless rate. My calls, when including buy close at a profit and reissuance of calls further out cases, has had zero expirations in the money. Where's the expected 20% exercise of puts and 25% exercise of calls that I was led to expect?

So, far my puts have had a 95% expiration worthless rate. My calls, when including buy close at a profit and reissuance of calls further out cases, has had zero expirations in the money. Where's the expected 20% exercise of puts and 25% exercise of calls that I was led to expect?

I never expected much. The instant doom predicted was built on fear and reaction, not on actual reality.

While it is possible that the UK leaving the EU, will have some long term effects, people seem to have missed that it was only a referendum vote. The vote didn't change anything. No policy was put in place, no treaties broken, no tariffs implemented.... not yet.

Companies in operating before the vote, remained in operation after. The profit values, dividends, and market caps, all remained the same. Nothing changed. So there shouldn't be any significant changes to the markets.

Now if you see the UK and EU start to have a fallout, and tariffs and taxes raised.... then you can expect to see the puts.

Forum List

Back