When Online college is an Advantage

Mate27

Jul 20, 2014
These are scenarios in which online, for profit education is a better investment than local community colleges and non profit local universities.

1. When you are from out of state, and you went to school in a state that has a better education system than the state you are currently living in.. i.e. from Pennsylvania, New Jersey or New York... and living in Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, or Louisiana..

You are better off using an online program from a for profit university like DeVry or Keller, or the University of Phoenix, or American Public University..

Because they answer to the United States, and meet or exceed the standards of all the states.

2. If you are part of a highly discriminated group of disabled people, I.e. Aspies... and you want a chance to do better in your life...

Online for profit is the way to go.. it offers a 200 % better chance of graduation and success than non profit, traditional.. In class schools.

3. If you are an Adult, and working, and you don't want to be around rowdy teenagers while you're trying to learn.

4. If you are learning purely text book bound, academic programs like Business, Accounting, Management, Creative Writing... etc, and do not need any hands on training because it is all book knowledge based.

:)

Last edited:
These are scenarios in which online, for profit education is a better investment than local community colleges and non profit local universities.

1. When you are from out of state, and you went to school in a state that has a better education system than the state you are currently living in.. i.e. from Pennsylvania, New Jersey or New York... and living in Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, or Louisiana..

You are better off using an online program from a for profit university like DeVry or Keller, or the University of Phoenix, or American Public University..

Because they answer to the United States, and meet or exceed the standards of all the states.

2. If you are part of a highly discriminated group of disabled people, I.e. Aspies... and you want a chance to do better in your life...

Online for profit is the way to go.. it offers a 200 % better chance of graduation and success than non profit, traditional.. In class schools.

3. If you are an Adult, and working, and you don't want to be around rowdy teenagers while you're trying to learn.

4. If you are learning purely text book bound, academic programs like Business, Accounting, Management, Creative Writing... etc, and do not need any hands on training because it is all book knowledge based.

Also good for people (senior citizen in my case) that want to learn subjects for their own knowledge and can't or don't want to attend colleges. I'm re studying math courtesy of internet, doing alg. 2 now. Also doing biology but considering a paid course without credit, costs nominal.

I am taking French and two other classes online. It works well. I have all the degrees I need, but I enjoy learning. The flexibility of online education makes it all possible.

Also good for people (senior citizen in my case) that want to learn subjects for their own knowledge and can't or don't want to attend colleges. I'm re studying math courtesy of internet, doing alg. 2 now. Also doing biology but considering a paid course without credit, costs nominal.

Why would you assume that the education system in NY, NJ and Pa. is better than Ark, Tx. or Miss>?

Khan Acadamy is great for learning stuff for free. Also, of most high school or lower level college math, lessons can be found on youtube.

Would think which is best depends on what you're hoping to get from advanced education in the first place. If a corporate career, good luck with Phoenix University and the like. Often times, professional careers factor in the school you went to as much, if not more than where else you've worked. In effect then, when attending university you're paying for the name of the place and it's repuation. Or suffering from the lack of such things.

I think this aspect of formal education has overriden the actual academic value of them. Learning facts doesn't require formalized education in the search engine age. Just look stuff up. Consequently, all you're really getting at universities now is their name on a piece of paper employers will value more than they should.

Why would you assume that the education system in NY, NJ and Pa. is better than Ark, Tx. or Miss>?

That isn't an assumption, that's a fact.
Those states have the highest number of people that can't read.

In Arkansas, I met somebody who was sitting there pretending to read the menu at an Italian restaurant, but cannot read.. and she asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich... at an Italian restaurant.

The doctors in Arkansas don't know what the fuck they're doing... many of them don't know what a pap test is... and they're using methods to diagnose and treat, that has been obsolete for more than 20 years.

And Mississippi, and Louisiana ranks worse.

I'm interested as to how you believe that "aspies" are highly discriminated against

I'm interested as to how you believe that "aspies" are highly discriminated against

We're treated by the system worse than African Americans, if we were not highly discriminated against I would be a zoo keeper right now, and I would not have had anywhere near as hard of a time in school, and I wouldn't have gotten the maximum penalties for every little thing.
I would not have had to sue either.

We're treated by the system worse than African Americans, if we were not highly discriminated against I would be a zoo keeper right now, and I would not have had anywhere near as hard of a time in school, and I wouldn't have gotten the maximum penalties for every little thing.
I would not have had to sue either.

you are blaming others for YOUR failures

I had found a masters program on line that was extremely inexpensive. I don't really want an MS, as it will do little for me except provide a structured learning program. It turns out that the books required are the most expensive part but being able to purchase used from Amazon or Barns and Noble, then sell them back when finished helps.
MIT offers many free non credit courses via the internet as do many other top schools, all you have to do is look for them. The free ones may just be the course information and you may be one your own to learn it.
"Book Lernin" is good for anyone, if old it can be better. I gave a book on drawing to my wife and was amazed at the first drawing she did. her hand and she did a great job. At 76 she is learning to draw and playing the Cello.
It sure beats driving into Cambridge or Boston and paying for school and parking.

Who told you those subjects don't require any human interaction?

Forum List

Back