when kerry is elected

Ok lolita with all this I can agree Kerry has his good points yet he can't decide on what he’s going to do. I bet he has trouble picking his tie in the morning, Hmmm.....should I wear the Camo tie or the pink one....well I'm going to the women’s rights better wear the pink one. All Kerry is, is a opportunist he’ll say anything to anyone if it makes them happy. It’s just sad you haven’t realized this. I don’t really support either of them but Kerry would cripple our country in more then one way. He can’t make everyone happy. God forbid it but if he were to get elected in four years you would be singing a different tune. Also how is he going to withdraw troops from Iraq when the Generals are requesting more? I think your not reading between the lines. I beg of you if you want to vote for someone other then bush vote for Nader.

lolita715 said:
According the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), the unofficial arbiter of business cycles, the recession began in March 2001 and ended in November 2001.

I believe he was "running this country" when this recession began.

I guess you chose to ignore the rest of that article that basically said your full of shit.

And what will John Kerry do about The War on Terror?
Bring the troops home? I would think finishing the job would be preferable. It's an international stereotype that Americans cannot handle casualties in war, and will bug out soon as possible once they start taking casualties. I hope Kerry doesn't prove that true.

lolita715 said:
According the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), the unofficial arbiter of business cycles, the recession began in March 2001 and ended in November 2001.

I believe he was "running this country" when this recession began.

Q: When did the recession begin?
A: March 2001

Q:When did President Bush's first economic plan go into effect?
A: October 2001

Next.

lolita715 said:
Lets see...
John Kerry will propose a bill to increase minimum wage from 5.15-7.00
Kerry will offer college students up to $4000 over 4 years to college students.
he was also give 10 billion to colleges
he opposes restictions on abortions, giving females fights
proposes bill to let women get the morning after pill without perscription
paycheck fairness act
will end tax credits to jobs outsourcing

how will he pay for it?

will he increase or decrease troops in iraq?

theim said:
Bring the troops home? I would think finishing the job would be preferable. It's an international stereotype that Americans cannot handle casualties in war, and will bug out soon as possible once they start taking casualties. I hope Kerry doesn't prove that true.

Bush's solution send national guard over seas, when they should be here. There was'nt even enough guards when the hurricans hit flordia

theim said:
Q: When did the recession begin?
A: March 2001

Q:When did President Bush's first economic plan go into effect?
A: October 2001

Actually read that whole article theim it actually shows the evidence of why it started in October 2000. Basically when GDP goes DOWN, thats negative growth. When it goes down for 2 full qtrs (Oct 2000- March 2001) thats a recession. Now can someone tell me, Who was president October 2000? Not GWB.

lolita715 said:
Bush's solution send national guard over seas, when they should be here. There was'nt even enough guards when the hurricans hit flordia

Hmmm. That's interesting. Except I don't care. Allow me to repeat the important part of my question.

wolvie20m said:
What are you basin this flordia information on Lolita?
In July 2004 Pennsylvania had 81,300 (1.4 percent) fewer jobs than it had when the recession started. The entire United States had 0.9 percent fewer jobs than when the recession started.

lolita715 said:

A Wall Street Journal Article exposing Kerry's fiscal ineptitude??? I thought you were showing us the great kerry hope/hype.

Let's look at it nevertheless shall we?

The Article's Thesis Statement:
“In a recent speech, John Kerry declared, "[President Bush] inherited the strongest economy in the world — and brought it to its knees." There is no evidence to support this claim. In fact, the evidence now suggests that President Bush inherited a recession.”
And Bush did something about it. He gave every taxpayer a tax refund check AND lowered taxes to help kickstart the economy. If you do not understand this concept research the "Laffer Curve".

Here's the closing statement of the article (which you provided and thanks):
“Kerry’s solution, it appears, is to raise income-tax rates on job-creating small-business owners, roll back the tax cuts on investor capital gains and dividends, and cancel the scheduled elimination of the death tax. In the first presidential debate a reporter should ask John Kerry: "How will increasing taxes on those most likely to save, to invest, and to employ people create jobs in America?" His answer will tell Americans much about his own vision of America's economic future.”

Lolita do you pay taxes? If you don't and Kerry is elected then you owe me and every other taxpayer a thank you for all of the social programs you intend to take advantage of. Furthermore, his social programs are nothing more than election promise to get people like you to vote for him...wake up.

Seriously, have you ever payed taxes?

theim said:
HELLO. Even factcheck.org said the recession began in MARCH 2001. Bush's first economic plan goes into effect OCTOBER 2001.
why dont you read over the article

Forum List

Back