When is using the word “Whore” appropriate?

Jerry Brown: Governor of California?? How absurd. Whitman is the obvious choice. So come on California,do the right thing. Time to retire Jerry Brown for good.

These are the same assholes who called Bush's daughters "Whores",so nothing surprises me with the Democrats. This stuff has become par for the course for them. Hopefully Californians will do the right thing and elect Meg Whitman. I guess we'll see though.

This morning on “Morning Joe”, several clips were played from the gubernatorial debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Brown was asked to apologize to Whitman and was asked if using the word “whore” was comparable to using the “N” word.

Brown said his campaign issued an apology, but this was accidentally recorded at a private campaign meeting and this has no comparison with using the “N” word. The audience reacted will some jeers and some boos.

Meg Whitman rolled her eyes in a very Sarah Palinesqe way. Then went on to say it was a slap in the face to all women in California.

Brown then pointed out that her campaign manager, former Gov. Pete Wilson, while referring to both men AND women in congress, said, and I quote:

“I don’t blame the judge; he is interpreting the law,” Wilson said during a speech before the National Association of Wholesalers Wednesday. “I blame the Congress for being such whores to public employees unions that they would pass that kind of legislation.”

Meg Whitman said you can’t compare the two. At that point, the audience erupted into howls and jeers and boos.

I’m assuming that according to Meg, using the word “whore” to describe a single woman is a slap in the face to all women, but using it to describe both men and women is equal, therefore “acceptable”?

Or because Brown’s use of the word was more recent, it worse?

It's always polite to refer to Congress as a bunch of whores. Calling them what they really are, in public, would be rude.

Take that whore from LA. People called her a whore for selling a vote for $100 million payoff. She got so pissed at that, that she stormed a floor to show that she whored herself out for $300 million. Proving that not only was she an over priced whore, but a ghastly over priced whore.

This morning on “Morning Joe”, several clips were played from the gubernatorial debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Brown was asked to apologize to Whitman and was asked if using the word “whore” was comparable to using the “N” word.

Brown said his campaign issued an apology, but this was accidentally recorded at a private campaign meeting and this has no comparison with using the “N” word. The audience reacted will some jeers and some boos.

Meg Whitman rolled her eyes in a very Sarah Palinesqe way. Then went on to say it was a slap in the face to all women in California.

Brown then pointed out that her campaign manager, former Gov. Pete Wilson, while referring to both men AND women in congress, said, and I quote:

“I don’t blame the judge; he is interpreting the law,” Wilson said during a speech before the National Association of Wholesalers Wednesday. “I blame the Congress for being such whores to public employees unions that they would pass that kind of legislation.”

Meg Whitman said you can’t compare the two. At that point, the audience erupted into howls and jeers and boos.

I’m assuming that according to Meg, using the word “whore” to describe a single woman is a slap in the face to all women, but using it to describe both men and women is equal, therefore “acceptable”?

On the bolded part - Would you care to explain what a 'Palinesqe' way means? How is it different from a standard eye roll?

And, it is never appropriate to call a female a 'whore'. It is, however, perfectly fine to call a group comprising both congress men and congress women 'whores' - because they actually are.

That idiocy was thrown in to let you know the source is a leftist rag, and not a news source.

Last edited:
I believe the tendency to feel victimized is much too pronounced in America today and too much negative emphasis is placed on the casual use of words which some groups find offensive.

In the example of Jerry Brown's use of the word whore, he wasn't accusing any women of degraded promiscuity but he used the word in purely metaphorical reference to certain devious political maneuvers. The protest from Whitman's camp is clearly intended to divert attention from the unscrupulous deal she made with the California police unions. Specifically, she agreed to leave their pensions intact if they vote for her -- even though she has vowed to trim all extravagant state civil service pensions

So in this case I don't think Brown's use of the word whore calls for criticism. And I believe the best thing Brown's people can do every time the complaint is raised about the word is take advantage of the opportunity to explain the reason for it.

All men when up against a strong woman will use the whore/slut card any way they can.

There you go insulting men by putting them all in one big box and putting them down again.

MERGED WITH EXISTING THREAD
101012_whitman_brown_ap_605.jpg

He was present when it happened.....he answered "We can use that" after somebody they claim is his wife said in recorded phone conversation "Why don't we call her a Whore?"

Yet during a debate a couple of days ago he claimed he had no knowledge of who said it. He also said that it was a poor recording and that it wasn't clear what was said.

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. – It took about 30 minutes for gubernatorial rivals Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown on Tuesday night to get at what debate moderator Tom Brokaw called the "100,000-pound gorilla in the room."

Brokaw let the Sacramento statehouse candidates duke it out first over tax and budget issues before he turned directly to the tabloid-like controversy involving a Brown aide caught on tape suggesting the Democrat could call Whitman a "whore" in a campaign commercial.

The former NBC News anchor asked Brown to reply for the first time publicly to the notion that the word "whore" is "to many women the same as calling an African American the 'N' word."

Brown's reply drew groans from many in the audience at Dominican University.

"I don't agree with that comparison," Brown said.

"This is a five-week old private conversation picked up on a cell phone with a garbled transmission, very hard to detect who it is. I don't want to get into the term and how it's used. But I'll say the campaign promptly apologized and I reaffirm that apology tonight."edited short per copyright rules, see remaining article at link

Jerry Brown, Meg Whitman spar over 'whore' quote in California debate - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

Last edited by a moderator:

He was present when it happened.....he answered "We can use that" after somebody they claim is his wife said in recorded phone conversation "Why don't we call her a Whore?"

Yet during a debate a couple of days ago he claimed he had no knowledge of who said it. He also said that it was a poor recording and that it wasn't clear what was said.

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. – It took about 30 minutes for gubernatorial rivals Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown on Tuesday night to get at what debate moderator Tom Brokaw called the "100,000-pound gorilla in the room."

Brokaw let the Sacramento statehouse candidates duke it out first over tax and budget issues before he turned directly to the tabloid-like controversy involving a Brown aide caught on tape suggesting the Democrat could call Whitman a "whore" in a campaign commercial.

The former NBC News anchor asked Brown to reply for the first time publicly to the notion that the word "whore" is "to many women the same as calling an African American the 'N' word."

"This is a five-week old private conversation picked up on a cell phone with a garbled transmission, very hard to detect who it is. I don't want to get into the term and how it's used. But I'll say the campaign promptly apologized and I reaffirm that apology tonight."

Jerry Brown, Meg Whitman spar over 'whore' quote in California debate - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

His wife is the one that said it.

Browns a politician.

He's always been a politician.

Of course he lies. They all do.

"This is a five-week old private conversation picked up on a cell phone with a garbled transmission, very hard to detect who it is. I don't want to get into the term and how it's used. But I'll say the campaign promptly apologized and I reaffirm that apology tonight."

His wife must have a set of hairy balls cuz it sounded like a man.

I believe the tendency to feel victimized is much too pronounced in America today and too much negative emphasis is placed on the casual use of words which some groups find offensive.

In the example of Jerry Brown's use of the word whore, he wasn't accusing any women of degraded promiscuity but he used the word in purely metaphorical reference to certain devious political maneuvers. The protest from Whitman's camp is clearly intended to divert attention from the unscrupulous deal she made with the California police unions. Specifically, she agreed to leave their pensions intact if they vote for her -- even though she has vowed to trim all extravagant state civil service pensions

So in this case I don't think Brown's use of the word whore calls for criticism. And I believe the best thing Brown's people can do every time the complaint is raised about the word is take advantage of the opportunity to explain the reason for it.

Actually, Brown didn't usethe word whore. He had completed a campaign phone call and didn't get the phone hung up like he thought. It was one of his staff who used the word.

It is politically incorrect to use the word 'whore' either as a verb or noun in reference to a woman,
even though the definitions and usage of the word 'whore' include that which is not sex/gender related.

And since conservatives have long been the most zealous champions of the unwritten laws of Political Correctness,
it is easily understandable why they in particular would so vehemently object to Brown's staffer's use of the word in this case.

His wife must have a set of hairy balls cuz it sounded like a man.

She may have.

Fox News source says Brown's wife called Whitman a 'whore' | abc7news.com

Sources point to Brown’s wife as voice heard calling Whitman a ‘whore’ | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Was it Jerry Brown’s wife Anne Gust Brown who called Meg Whitman a whore? : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

Forum List

Back