When is U.S. Navy going to shut down Somali Pirates who are Terrorizing the High seas

When is the United States Navy going to shut down Somali Pirates who are Terrorizing the the high seas off the coast of Somalia?. The current situation could have been avoided, if only
the U.S. navy was patrolling the waters off the cost of Somalia. Get the U.S. Navy seals
involved in the removal and elimination of these Terrorists on Water!?
No other country is dealing with this issue, it is up to the U.S. Navy to police those waters.

We can't afford to involve ourselves in every problem around the globe. The hostage situation is over, it's time to move on.

Ignoring a problem that DOES affect us isn't going to make it go away. If nothing else, train and arm the crews. Hire Blackwater. They like to kill shit. To carry on as if "we shoed them ... they won't screw with us again" is naive and foolish.

This I agree with. Let the freighters be armed, absolutely. I don't support sending in the navy to wipe them out, however.

That which adversely affects one area of the ocean ultimately affects us all; a fact we all should share.

We have been told of a book entitled "About Face" written by Donna Leon that indicates a specious case is being made for such dumping by means of pseudo authorization obtained by the payment of bribes to people within the Somalia ruling establishment.

What we do know is that those who are, or who are alleged to be, "pirates" have complained of such dumping, and have also complained of the destruction of the fish stock of the areas by foreign fishing boats and have used such allegations as a means for justifying their actions.

Whether the "pirates's" acts are motivated in whole or even in small part by such criminal and immoral (malum prohibitum) acts as they charge is not material to a discussion of the urgent need for humanity to prevent such acts, including piracy; such a mission should be assigned to that godawfully large and expensive fleet that we maintain in the Mid East so when it comes home it can console itself for the time spent by showing it did some good and worthwhile acts.

shock

think where we might be rated among the nations had we not been blessed by our military

Ok WAH, you can consider me challenged. I made no comment about the ability of the Navy to do it's duty other than they are following orders, which is commendable. The Navy has a huge arsenal of offensive tactics at it's disposal. The only reasonable explanation for this charade continuing, is they have been ordered to stand down. Obama, aka POS has not commented about the situation which I fine odd. If not just to reassure the family of the hostage that everything is being done to gain his safe return, However, not a peep. Granted, this is just my opinion but not as wild as you claim. I know nothing of swizzle stick chewing so I will leave that to the more familiar and experienced swizzle stick chewers such as you.
gb
You make stuff up, pull it out of the frightened confused cobwebs that clog your head, and you share your fabrications with the rest of the world as if your were presenting proven fact.
You are uninformed and clueless on what is involved in any kind of military operations. Go do a search "somali pirates news" and read a few of the many informative articles about what's happened off the coast of Somalia and about this current situation. Before you post any more of your nonesense, Try picking up a few facts, for a change. Lay off tossing out idiotic boogers.
No matter what happens, in this or any other situation, you will still indulge in your compulsion to bad mouth Obama. Like a dope fiend who can do nothing but put a flame to his crackpipe.

Bad mouthing the messenger is a cop out WAH. Have you nothing to contribute to my analysis but flames? I think I made a very reasonable argument to support my opinion. The US Navy is not as impotent as you suggest. Just for one, Navy Seals could have easily from underwater sank the lifeboat thereby dumping all occupants in the water. Seals are trained to overpower and subdue others while in the water. This is just one of no doubt many solutions. The lack of naval action leads to my stand down analysis. The lack of comment by Obama aka POS, gives to several observations. Mine being, he hasn't a clue of how to handle the situation. His brushing off the question when talking about housing from a teleprompter, only shows his inability to think while on his feet. Try working on my analysis by showing where I am wrong instead of just calling names. Any child can do that.

You seem to have a lot of experience with drugs and drug paraphernalia. Are you an addict?
gb

Your "analysis"? :lol:

First of all, US navy ships are in the area (in an international effort to protect civilian ships). Secondly, Obama already did more about pirates then the previous president ( by authorising the snipershots that saved captain richard phillips SAFE! US Ship Captain Saved in Dramatic Rescue | wowOwow ).

But clearly you don't care about facts, all you re here for is to give a load of crap about how much mr Obama sucks without anything to back it up.

I found a nice cartoon about somalia, maybe you guys can also apreciate it ...

Gone-Fishing.jpg

Last edited:
When is the United States Navy going to shut down Somali Pirates who are Terrorizing the the high seas off the coast of Somalia?. The current situation could have been avoided, if only
the U.S. navy was patrolling the waters off the cost of Somalia. Get the U.S. Navy seals
involved in the removal and elimination of these Terrorists on Water!?
No other country is dealing with this issue, it is up to the U.S. Navy to police those waters.

We can't afford to involve ourselves in every problem around the globe. The hostage situation is over, it's time to move on.

This liberal agrees.

Forum List

Back