When do you plan to retire?

Which of these best describes your plans for retirement?

• As soon as I can.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to retire at 55.

• I want to retire at 60.

• I will retire at 62.

• I had to retire for medical reasons.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, not jealous at all. Just tired of government leeches taking our money. It's bad enough when they do it once. But doing it twice is twice as bad.

So..............how do you feel about the military? They are paid by the government ("leeches" in your language), and they get paid while they are serving, and get pensions paid for by the government for the rest of their life after retirement at 20 years or more. By your metric, people who serve in the military long enough to gain retirement are taking money twice. Do you hate the military?

So..............how do you feel about the military? They are paid by the government ("leeches" in your language), and they get paid while they are serving, and get pensions paid for by the government for the rest of their life after retirement at 20 years or more. By your metric, people who serve in the military long enough to gain retirement are taking money twice. Do you hate the military?

I have no problem with the military. I have a problem with people taking multiple government jobs, depriving others of a chance for those jobs.

I DO have a problem with a military vet then going and getting a government job for their 2nd retirement. Yet again, you are taking a job from someone else, and with your experience you should have no problem getting a 2nd career in the private sector.

I have no problem with the military. I have a problem with people taking multiple government jobs, depriving others of a chance for those jobs.

I DO have a problem with a military vet then going and getting a government job for their 2nd retirement. Yet again, you are taking a job from someone else, and with your experience you should have no problem getting a 2nd career in the private sector.

Did you ever think that the reason a military retiree is hired for a certain government job is because they already have the experience needed to fill that position? Sorry, but having a retiree fill a position that is technical and highly classified is much preferable to hiring someone off the street who doesn't have the experience with the job in question.

Did you ever think that the reason a military retiree is hired for a certain government job is because they already have the experience needed to fill that position? Sorry, but having a retiree fill a position that is technical and highly classified is much preferable to hiring someone off the street who doesn't have the experience with the job in question.

No, they get the job because they tick the boxes. And it is easier for the agency to hire them.

No, they get the job because they tick the boxes. And it is easier for the agency to hire them.

One of those boxes being the experience of having dealt with the subject in question. Another being that they have already held a security clearance required for some of the jobs.

One of those boxes being the experience of having dealt with the subject in question. Another being that they have already held a security clearance required for some of the jobs.

The box is the government has a file on you. 99% of federal jobs require no security clearance. Like I said, they hire military because it's easy.

Government workers, for the most part are lazy as hell. So they always choose easy.

Forum List

Back