What's your favorite thing about the Irish?

In honor of St. Patrick's day...what is your favorite thing about the Irish or Ireland?
Red Heads? Green Hills? Potato's?

While some of the fairer USMB'rs have me re-thinking my favorite thing already this morning, I'd still say the willingness to drink at any time of day. :razz:

My irish friends know how to have fun and know how to get mad better than anyone. and then they know how to have a beer with the person they were fighting with after it's all over.

My favorite Irish person story, when my son was born, a friend brought us back a bottle of gripe water from Ireland as a goof gift. My husband asked one of his good friends, who was only living in this country from ireland for a few years at the time, about it. His friend said "oh... i know gripe water. that's what the rich people use. the rest of us use guinness".

i know it can't possibly sound as good as it did with the brogue, but it cracked us up.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with the group Celtic Women?

Yes, very.

My wife makes fun of me whenever I switch to PBS to listen to the specials, but those are among the finest voices on Earth.

I would LOVE to hear Alison Krause with them. Have a feeling she wouldn't miss a beat, and would add a little more "soul" to the performance.

The tall, skinnier blonde has an amazing voice, and I'd hit it.

Twice on Sundays.

pic2008_2.jpg

Apparently, she has left the group. I can only hope it is to don a pair of overalls, and go on tour in her "Dexy's Revival Tour" show......

Anyone familiar with the group Celtic Women?

Yes, very.

My wife makes fun of me whenever I switch to PBS to listen to the specials, but those are among the finest voices on Earth.

I would LOVE to hear Alison Krause with them. Have a feeling she wouldn't miss a beat, and would add a little more "soul" to the performance.

The tall, skinnier blonde has an amazing voice, and I'd hit it.

Twice on Sundays.

pic2008_2.jpg

Apparently, she has left the group. I can only hope it is to don a pair of overalls, and go on tour in her "Dexy's Revival Tour" show......

Amen to that.

Forum List

Back