What's your favorite thing about the Irish?

FuelRod

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2011
In honor of St. Patrick's day...what is your favorite thing about the Irish or Ireland?
Red Heads? Green Hills? Potato's?

While some of the fairer USMB'rs have me re-thinking my favorite thing already this morning, I'd still say the willingness to drink at any time of day. :razz:

It's a beautiful country.... and the Irish are some of the most friendly people I've ever met. I'm proud of my Irish heritage. Ireland rocks.

They laid the groundwork for bluegrass.

We perfected it.

And lovable drunks.

Any nationality that gives us a socially accepted reason and a full day to get "Irish-drunk" is ok in my book, as long as nobody drives afterwards :)

We perfected it.

And lovable drunks.

Any nationality that gives us a socially accepted reason and a full day to get "Irish-drunk" is ok in my book, as long as nobody drives afterwards :)

I'm probably dating myself with this comment...but were the one hit wonder Dexie's Midnight Runners from the 80's from Ireland?

We perfected it.

And lovable drunks.

I'm probably dating myself with this comment...but were the one hit wonder Dexie's Midnight Runners from the 80's from Ireland?

Wiki say's they were British, specifically Birmingham.

Come On Eileen....lol......haven't thought of that one in years...!

Toorah tooloorayay!

I gotta thank you FuelRod.....

For some reason, your question about Dexy's Midnight Runners made me think of Manfred Mann. I never knew that "Blinded By The Light" was originally written and performed by....

Bruce Springsteen?

WTF?!?!?!

I gotta find that one!

Guiness.jpg

I gotta thank you FuelRod.....

For some reason, your question about Dexy's Midnight Runners made me think of Manfred Mann. I never knew that "Blinded By The Light" was originally written and performed by....

Bruce Springsteen?

WTF?!?!?!

I gotta find that one!

Well it is my pleasure to take you down this amnesia lane.
I'm not sure if I am happy to say I did know Springsteen originally recorded that song.

My favorite thing about Dexy's Midnight Runners was the ladies in overalls. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back