Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Bank ATM's

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The 1%!

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
by 2010 the number became 52% of US banking assets.

noticer how when challenged you changed what you said from 50% of GDP to 50% of banking assets?? What does that tell you?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimura
According to a report issued by the Dallas FED, the top five Wall Street banks control 50% of US GDP.

by 2010 the number became 52% of US banking assets.

noticer how when challenged you changed what you said from 50% of GDP to 50% of banking assets?? What does that tell you?

According to a report issued by the Dallas FED, the top five Wall Street banks control 50% of US GDP.

It's called I haven't read the report in about three months. What does that tell you? Tell you what, as soon as I hit fifteen posts, I'll post the links. I'll even give you the exact page number for the purpose of semantics.

notice how when challenged you changed what you said from 50% of GDP to 50% of banking assets?? What does that tell you?

It's called I haven't read the report in about three months. What does that tell you?

It tells me you goofed badly and must be a liberal.

Tell you what, as soon as I hit fifteen posts, I'll post the links. I'll even give you the exact page number for the purpose of semantics.

why post it at all now that you know its not very important???

People are poor because they're unskilled. We need to reform our educational system and make it easier for businesses to make a profit.

it's hard to reform even the most failed system when liberals are in control. It would be an admission that liberalism was a failure.

notice how when challenged you changed what you said from 50% of GDP to 50% of banking assets?? What does that tell you?

It's called I haven't read the report in about three months. What does that tell you?

It tells me you goofed badly and must be a liberal.

What does that even mean?

Tell you what, as soon as I hit fifteen posts, I'll post the links. I'll even give you the exact page number for the purpose of semantics.

why post it at all now that you know its not very important???

Of course it is, these banks are basically engaging in monopolistic behavior, which is basically crony capitalism at its best. Also, if we add up the domestic banking assets of the ten largest banks, that number goes up to around 77%.

Down with wage labor!

Another reason you guys lost.

You folks hate labor.

But love dynasties.

It's one thing to fund education and producing a more skilled population that can get jobs....Quite another to give out free money and allow an ever increasing percentage of the population to feed off the system.

One makes some sense, while the other doesn't. I can understand the first but we also have to be economically favorable towards the successful.

Of course it is, these banks are basically engaging in monopolistic behavior,

dear, monopoly means one, there are 1000's of banks in the country and 10's of thousands in the world.

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?

dear, monopoly means one, there are 1000's of banks in the country and 10's of thousands in the world.

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?

Dear, no it doesn't, we have a few banks controlling the vast MAJORITY of US banking assets. These banks have also been given trillions and can continue to borrow at 0% from the discount window. If it makes you feel better, we can refer to them as a private cartel (oligopoly). Also, we're talking about the US banking system, investment banks in particular, not your local credit union.

I listen to this man

Economics and Politics by Paul Krugman - The Conscience of a Liberal - NYTimes.com

Meanwhile, the CRFB features on its home page an op-ed by Jim Jones declaring that

"We are perilously close to trillion-dollar yearly interest payments, 7 percent yields on 10-year U.S. Treasury bonds, 10 percent home mortgage rates and 13 percent rates on car loans. For the good of the country, the parties must come together and not let this happen."

How does he know that we are “perilously close” to this outcome? Not from the markets; not from any kind of economic model. My guess is that Peggy Noonan told him.

Last edited:
Did you know like Romney in the 2012 Presidential Loser Election, when America stayed Blue, the Good Ship Wingnut has taken hold of the economic argument that is a loser for them? Yep, they ran out of ammo and have now resorted to plastic mallets and water pistols.

Oh yeah, they have talking points now...taxing the Super Wealthy will not settle the debt (not that anyone actually says it will) and other imbecilic straw man arguments

:lol:

The problem with the economy is conservative economic theories of the past...they were put into practice and the chickens have come home to roost

gotta love it. I was just told by a friend to search the phrase...seems they had recently. :laugh2:

chickens come home to roost
if you say that chickens are coming home to roost, you mean that bad or silly things done in the past are beginning to cause problems

ex: There was too much greed in the past, and now the chickens are coming home to roost with crime and corruption soaring.

chickens come home to roost - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Dante has the very best friends.

:thewave:

I lost any respect I had for Paul Krugman when he supported TARP and the hot money bailouts. I'll read his blog and post douchy, insulting comments if I'm bored. :D

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?[/QUOTE]

Dear, no it doesn't,

monopoly does not mean one????????????????? see why we are sure a liberal will be slow????

we have a few banks controlling the vast MAJORITY of US banking assets.

as I said there are 1000's of banks in the US plus tons of foreign competition. There is less concentration and more competition than almost any other industry

These banks have also been given trillions

too stupid but perfectly liberal. They were loaned millions and paid it all back.

and can continue to borrow at 0% from the discount window.

As you said silly goofy liberal: "they are zombie banks." They are not making much of a profit. So whats your concern???? You have never said?????????????

If it makes you feel better, we can refer to them as a private cartel (oligopoly).

but you said a zombie cartel?? Do you feel bad that they don't make enough money???

Also, we're talking about the US banking system, investment banks in particular, not your local credit union.

but why when there is tons of international competition in the new globalized economy??? Hadn't you heard??

Please give up and realize that liberal means , slow.

Can someone from the "American" Left explain to me why Obama wants to reduce the deficit today?

Forum List

Back