What's the problem with Aldean's "try that in a small town"

He was vey careful not to say anything that crossed the line.

Can we have a Biden bumper sticker in a small town?
Can we have an atheist parade?
Can a black man vote or whistle at a white girl?

Take for example these lyrics

Cuss out a cop…..
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough
Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Didnt they cuss out cops at the insurrection?

Does freedom of speech exist in small towns?

To answer your silly questions.

1. Yes, and many do

2. Yes, but you won’t get the attention you crave, so you won’t.

3. Yes they can do both. The whistling is rude and, no matter the race, you will probably get the silent treatment from most of the towns good folks.

1. Yes, and many do

3. Yes they can do both. The whistling is rude and, no matter the race, you will probably get the silent treatment from most of the towns good folks.
Good replies. And you could point out that it would probably be dangerous for a white man to go into an all black community and disrespect their culture.

A black should come out with a response song. Not in my hood. LOL

1. Yes, and many do

BTW, I love small towns. I love Trump country. It's just those goobers don't know what it's like to be in a big town. To have corporations and low income workers move in. It's why they fight it. My brother has 65 acres up north MI. The town he bought in is deciding if and how they want to grow. They're big enough for a Tractor Supply Plus store finally. A guy wanted to put up a storage place on the main strip. Residents including my brother voted it down. Don't turn the country into a city!!! My brother is pissed his view of the woods is a bit ruined because his neighbor a few miles away cut all the logs off his property and is now raping the land of it's valuable resources. So my brother is now looking at what I can only discribe as a gravel pit. Or a logged mountain? You know what I mean.

Small towns want to stay small for a reason. But remember this. When your kids turn 18, they have to go off to a college and then find a job in one of our big cities. No jobs in Mayberry until Floyd the barber retires or Goober sells the gas station. You know what I mean.

It calls for vigilante violence -- that is, lynching -- against people you don't like.

Normal people are kind of disgusted by that.

The funny part is that most small town people are good people, and they don't think that way. It's fratboy-from-the-suburbs phonies like Aldean who push the "small town people are violent brownshirts" line.
I'm thinking you didn't actually hear the song and watch the video. If you had, you would have known that it's a warning to not try doing the violence that cities apparently accept as a normal part of life in a small town, where they won't accept it. It has nothing to do with lynching. Brownshirts will attack you if you want to make a speech about conservative values on a college campus, small town people won't and don't care if you're a liberal. They do, however, care a great deal if you try to burn police cars or a police station with cops inside it. After all, those cops are neighbors and friends.

That is, if you actually saw the video and heard the song.

It's only a few days ago that vigilante justice in America was being denied. Now it's being promoted!
Some folks calls it "vigilante justice", other folks calls it self-defense. When you need a policeman in seconds, they're only minutes away.

BLM/ Black Bloc / ANTIFA came to Redding 3 different times and all three times they were kept in check by Hundreds of Militia , Cottonwood Community Watch , 3 %ers , Oathkeepers ... and they knew the RPD and local CHP would not protect them . And most of the Counter protestors were CCW holders as it was in Shasta County .

Wait...Redding? Middle of nowhere Redding, Ca? Sure they did.

Some folks calls it "vigilante justice", other folks calls it self-defense. When you need a policeman in seconds, they're only minutes away.
In 2022, about 7.2% of Alabama's workforce (149,000 workers) belonged to a union

“When they do right-to-work, you don’t have to join a union to be represented by a union.”

We need to make it so if you don't pay dues, you are on your own and NOT represented by the union. If the company wants to fire you, you're gone. No union protection. When they get a raise, you don't. Negotiate that on your own. And we know the company will pay you less. In fact, you negotiate first. Then the union will negotiate with the company after you've gotten your deal.

Alabama still has the highest percentage of unionized workers in the South, according to BLS. About 5.6% of Mississippi’s workforce belongs to a union. In Georgia, South Carolina, Louisiana and Arkansas, fewer than 5% of the workforce is organized.

That has an impact on the livelihoods of people. For one, people who do not participate in a union earn less. The paper states that people who work in locations with right-to-work laws earn about 3.1% less on average than similar workers in states without such laws.

The state’s overall unionization rate increased between 2021 and 2022, and the number of unionized workers rising from 115,000 to 149,000.

I believe if auto companies all moved down south, they'd organize into unions eventually.

Come on and find out.

I'm respectful when I go to small towns.

My brother and I noticed this past Labor Day we went to town and they had music, outdoor foods, people walking everywhere, kids running around, streets blocked off. A real shindig. Anyways, we saw these big tough looking biker guys with tatoos and beards and they walked up to us when we were sitting at a picnic table eating and they said, "yall mind if we sit with you?" and they were so fucking nice.

I just don't agree with them politically. But I like it that we have a 2 party system. Not a 1 party system.

Even if us liberals disappeared, Republicans would just be divided. The racists vs the corporatists.

In 2022, about 7.2% of Alabama's workforce (149,000 workers) belonged to a union

“When they do right-to-work, you don’t have to join a union to be represented by a union.”

We need to make it so if you don't pay dues, you are on your own and NOT represented by the union. If the company wants to fire you, you're gone. No union protection. When they get a raise, you don't. Negotiate that on your own. And we know the company will pay you less. In fact, you negotiate first. Then the union will negotiate with the company after you've gotten your deal.

Alabama still has the highest percentage of unionized workers in the South, according to BLS. About 5.6% of Mississippi’s workforce belongs to a union. In Georgia, South Carolina, Louisiana and Arkansas, fewer than 5% of the workforce is organized.

That has an impact on the livelihoods of people. For one, people who do not participate in a union earn less. The paper states that people who work in locations with right-to-work laws earn about 3.1% less on average than similar workers in states without such laws.

The state’s overall unionization rate increased between 2021 and 2022, and the number of unionized workers rising from 115,000 to 149,000.

I believe if auto companies all moved down south, they'd organize into unions eventually.
The song isn't about unions.

I'm respectful when I go to small towns.

My brother and I noticed this past Labor Day we went to town and they had music, outdoor foods, people walking everywhere, kids running around, streets blocked off. A real shindig. Anyways, we saw these big tough looking biker guys with tatoos and beards and they walked up to us when we were sitting at a picnic table eating and they said, "yall mind if we sit with you?" and they were so fucking nice.

I just don't agree with them politically. But I like it that we have a 2 party system. Not a 1 party system.

Even if us liberals disappeared, Republicans would just be divided. The racists vs the corporatists.

Better be if you know what's good for you.

1. Yes, and many do

LEFTIST HYPOCRISY.png

I'm thinking you didn't actually hear the song and watch the video. If you had, you would have known that it's a warning to not try doing the violence that cities apparently accept as a normal part of life in a small town, where they won't accept it. It has nothing to do with lynching.
You losers are all still whining about your side getting humiliated for their pro-lynching attitude?

Give it up. Your gaslighting campaign failed. Everyone still hates conservative brownshirt fascists.

You losers are all still whining about your side getting humiliated for their pro-lynching attitude?

Give it up. Your gaslighting campaign failed. Everyone still hates conservative brownshirt fascists.
So, did you watch the video and listen to the song or are you just regurgitating headlines you happened to see about the song? And you're ignoring the reality of the brownshirts on the left who resort to violence in order to suppress thoughts and opinions they don't want anyone to hear.

Wait...Redding? Middle of nowhere Redding, Ca? Sure they did.
Yep Redding the Hub of the entire top quarter of the State and famous stop on Interstate 5 between Seattle / Portland and SF / LA that just about everyone who has driven between those places has stopped at and the start off point for visiting Lassen Park , Lake Shasta , Mount Shasta , The Trinity Alps , Whiskeytown Lake , Fishing the upper Sac or McCloud Rivers ( The wriggly Field of Fly Fishing )

Yep Redding the Hub of the entire top quarter of the State and famous stop on Interstate 5 between Seattle / Portland and SF / LA that just about everyone who has driven between those places has stopped at and the start off point for visiting Lassen Park , Lake Shasta , Mount Shasta , The Trinity Alps , Whiskeytown Lake , Fishing the upper Sac or McCloud Rivers ( The wriggly Field of Fly Fishing )
The sam Redding that was one of Three Cities in the US that Tucker said on National TV ( his Fox Show) That BLM/ ANTIFA know Won’t put up with their Rioting

By famous you mean unknown hick burg. No way there were multiple protests there.

Forum List

Back