What's the problem with Aldean's "try that in a small town"

The fun part of course is that any BLM protest would be larger than the population of said redneck burg, much less anyone under sixty.

A decent dized protest could literally murder your entire small town in an hour. And you couldn't do shit about it.

Pussies.

well to be a bit more precise, it calls for all of that against people who commit crimes:

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like
Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

all those are crimes.

But you're right about the vigilante justice part.

Its frustrating because had this song came out and nobody said anything...99% of the world would have never heard of it. But...just like when some ignorant right wing loon tries to give a speech on a college campus...the left wing making an issue of it gives the object they are trying to criticize more stature.

Activists never cease to amaze me in their urge to inflict wounds upon themselves.
The lines you have above, the beginning of the song, is telling people that if they want to do those sorts of things in a small town, they'll be dealt with by the locals that do not put up with that sort of crap. No cops needed, no jails needed, no judges needed - just good ol' justice like back in the old days.

The fun part of course is that any BLM protest would be larger than the population of said redneck burg, much less anyone under sixty.

A decent dized protest could literally murder your entire small town in an hour. And you couldn't do shit about it.

Pussies.
BLM/ Black Bloc / ANTIFA came to Redding 3 different times and all three times they were kept in check by Hundreds of Militia , Cottonwood Community Watch , 3 %ers , Oathkeepers ... and they knew the RPD and local CHP would not protect them . And most of the Counter protestors were CCW holders as it was in Shasta County .

BLM/ Black Bloc / ANTIFA came to Redding 3 different times and all three times they were kept in check by Hundreds of Militia , Cottonwood Community Watch , 3 %ers , Oathkeepers ... and they knew the RPD and local CHP would not protect them . And most of the Counter protestors were CCW holders as it was in Shasta County .
They'd murder you like sheeple. There were tens of thousands at the Austin protest alone.

If you ask me Eddie early on really relied on riffs from
bands like Culver City Headliner The Weasels ( Who Early version of Van Halen opened for at Gazzari’s and long time Whiskey / Roxy favorites Badfinger .

The lines you have above, the beginning of the song, is telling people that if they want to do those sorts of things in a small town, they'll be dealt with by the locals that do not put up with that sort of crap. No cops needed, no jails needed, no judges needed - just good ol' justice like back in the old days.
Yeah..vigilante justice. Most people are not cool with that. But then again...most people prefer our system of police, courts, judges, juries, etc...

The crazy twist of logic that the left seems to be arguing is that anarchy is justified under certain circumstances but protecting your home and family from arsonists and anarchists is never O.K.

Those offended are outraged because they resemble that remark...
He was vey careful not to say anything that crossed the line.

Can we have a Biden bumper sticker in a small town?
Can we have an atheist parade?
Can a black man vote or whistle at a white girl?

Take for example these lyrics

Cuss out a cop…..
Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Didnt they cuss out cops at the insurrection?

Does freedom of speech exist in small towns?

He was vey careful not to say anything that crossed the line.

Can we have a Biden bumper sticker in a small town?
Can we have an atheist parade?
Can a black man vote or whistle at a white girl?

Take for example these lyrics

Cuss out a cop…..
Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Didnt they cuss out cops at the insurrection?

Does freedom of speech exist in small towns?

Come on and find out.

I guess you won't be coming to my small town, since we're so un-free here.

We're cool with that.

That's the problem. It's not yours. You hicks don't own the town and don't have the right to put your hands on someone who's not breaking the law. What are you going to do to me?

You sound like the KKKlan. Only you won't just lynch blacks. Any liberals will do.

Forum List

Back