What's The Point?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Why are we even bothering with confirmation hearings?

Thus far, so far as I can tell, no idiot democrat is going to vote for Amy Coney Barrett. All they seem to want to do is listen to themselves belch up their bullshit. They will never, ever allow for the possibility that Barrett might actually be an excellent jurist.

Regardless of the bullshit they spew, democrats will not stop her confirmation. Period. They're not going to present anything which might change the minds of Republicans. They're going to go to a vote (possibly as early as Thursday, I've heard) and she will be confirmed.

All the democrats can do at this point is put their whining on display, as if anyone is the slightest bit interested in paying attention to them...

I'm watching Whitehouse droning at the moment.

Is he trying to make a point?

For appearances sake. To keep from giving the media one more thing they can bitch and moan about. Also. publicly shows the dems vapid biases.

Thus far, so far as I can tell, no idiot democrat is going to vote for Amy Coney Barrett. All they seem to want to do is listen to themselves belch up their bullshit. They will never, ever allow for the possibility that Barrett might actually be an excellent jurist.

Regardless of the bullshit they spew, democrats will not stop her confirmation. Period. They're not going to present anything which might change the minds of Republicans. They're going to go to a vote (possibly as early as Thursday, I've heard) and she will be confirmed.

All the democrats can do at this point is put their whining on display, as if anyone is the slightest bit interested in paying attention to them...

It's compulsory. Otherwise the Democrats would scream and cry.

Has anyone listened to her ?

My guess is the other 8 justices already can't stand her
munchkin voice....never mind her ideologies. It doesn't matter what you say when you sound like you're auditioning for the
role of Alvin and the Chipmunks mom.

Or is it just me ?

Where can I get one of these ?
I love it.
1602609272245.png

Nobody will change their minds. Republicans will vote to confirm. Democrats will oppose.
Republicans will win.

So why hold hearings?

Republicans are stamping the ticket so they can rush a confirmation before the election.

Democrats are using the hearings to inform voters that this pick will abolish Obamacare and Roe v Wade. Any voter who wants either will vote accordingly and take it out on Trump and the Republican Senators.

It's compulsory. Otherwise the Democrats would scream and cry.
As well, they and the American people should. We are not ready to dispense with traditional mandated method of approving or rejecting nominees for the highest court in the land on lifetime appointment. We pay for them to execute the process. So be it. Let them execute the process. Why would it bother anybody, even knowing the outcome, unless they were wanting the people to get used to an abbreviated process or lack there of, typical of a more top down authoritarian govenment. controlled by a central committee or process. The whole election in process now, is about whether we will succumb to authoritarian single party rule.

Nobody will change their minds. Republicans will vote to confirm. Democrats will oppose.
Republicans will win.

So why hold hearings?

Republicans are stamping the ticket so they can rush a confirmation before the election.

Democrats are using the hearings to inform voters that this pick will abolish Obamacare and Roe v Wade. Any voter who wants either will vote accordingly and take it out on Trump and the Republican Senators.

Democrats are using the hearings to inform voters that this pick will abolish Obamacare and Roe v Wade.

Someone needs to kick then in their crystal balls.

Has anyone listened to her ?

My guess is the other 8 justices already can't stand her
munchkin voice....never mind her ideologies. It doesn't matter what you say when you sound like you're auditioning for the
role of Alvin and the Chipmunks mom.

Or is it just me ?

Supreme Court justices do not deliberate much in person.

I love it.
View attachment 401041
Damn, Angelo, there you go again. I too want one of those, perhaps in sweatshirt or hoodie, as the season is cooling down. Probably need it in a buck color with contrasting letters as predominate black t-shirts I have enjoyed since phase III OCS (as a very young guy) have become symbolic of political or subversive organizational support.

I love it.
View attachment 401041
Damn, Angelo, there you go again. I too want one of those, perhaps in sweatshirt or hoodie, as the season is cooling down. Probably need it in a buck color with contrasting letters as predominate black t-shirts I have enjoyed since phase III OCS (as a very young guy) have become symbolic of political or subversive organizational support.
The only place I won't be able to wear it is at
my pot dude's crib. ( I don't mess with him- he's also a bouncer at all-night clubs whenever they open up again that is)

Forum List

Back