What's The GOP Plan Going Forward?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I have not hear a single forward-looking idea out of any Republican or Democrat.

I am a born and bred conservative who voted the straight GOP ticket until 2006. At that point I became so disgusted with the raving lunatics who have kidnapped the Republican party that I stopped voting altogether, except to vote on local measures on my state's ballot.

I would like a reason to vote GOP again.

So tell us, Republicans, what is the plan to bend the health care cost curve down if/when ObamaCare is tossed on the dustbin of history? What's the GOP plan? Anyone?

How is the Republican Party going to create jobs? Anyone?

What is the GOP going to do about Iran? Anyone?

What is the GOP going to do about the high price of oil? Anyone?

What is the GOP going to do about the rising cost of food? Anyone?

A hundred million voters want to know.

Stop obsessing over Obama's vacations and birth certificate and latest press conference and tell us what the plan going forward is.

Have I just stumped you? I bet I have.

Last edited:
I loved this the first time I saw it:

"Here are eight reforms that would greatly lower the cost of health care for everyone:

• Remove the legal obstacles that slow the creation of high-deductible health insurance plans and health savings accounts (HSAs). The combination of high-deductible health insurance and HSAs is one solution that could solve many of our health-care problems. For example, Whole Foods Market pays 100% of the premiums for all our team members who work 30 hours or more per week (about 89% of all team members) for our high-deductible health-insurance plan. We also provide up to $1,800 per year in additional health-care dollars through deposits into employees' Personal Wellness Accounts to spend as they choose on their own health and wellness. Money not spent in one year rolls over to the next and grows over time. Our team members therefore spend their own health-care dollars until the annual deductible is covered (about $2,500) and the insurance plan kicks in. This creates incentives to spend the first $2,500 more carefully. Our plan's costs are much lower than typical health insurance, while providing a very high degree of worker satisfaction.

• Equalize the tax laws so that employer-provided health insurance and individually owned health insurance have the same tax benefits. Now employer health insurance benefits are fully tax deductible, but individual health insurance is not. This is unfair.

• Repeal all state laws which prevent insurance companies from competing across state lines. We should all have the legal right to purchase health insurance from any insurance company in any state and we should be able use that insurance wherever we live. Health insurance should be portable.

• Repeal government mandates regarding what insurance companies must cover. These mandates have increased the cost of health insurance by billions of dollars. What is insured and what is not insured should be determined by individual customer preferences and not through special-interest lobbying.

• Enact tort reform to end the ruinous lawsuits that force doctors to pay insurance costs of hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. These costs are passed back to us through much higher prices for health care.

• Make costs transparent so that consumers understand what health-care treatments cost. How many people know the total cost of their last doctor's visit and how that total breaks down? What other goods or services do we buy without knowing how much they will cost us?

• Enact Medicare reform. We need to face up to the actuarial fact that Medicare is heading towards bankruptcy and enact reforms that create greater patient empowerment, choice and responsibility.

• Finally, revise tax forms to make it easier for individuals to make a voluntary, tax-deductible donation to help the millions of people who have no insurance and aren't covered by Medicare, Medicaid or the State Children's Health Insurance Program."

John Mackey: The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare - WSJ.com

How is the Republican Party going to create jobs? Anyone? By extending tax cuts to the wealthy, err job creators, of course! Oh, wait....

What is the GOP going to do about Iran? Anyone? Bomb the shit out of them for even THINKING about developing technology that the US has had since 1945. Oh wait, we're broke. How will we pay for the intervention?

What is the GOP going to do about the high price of oil? Anyone? Drill, baby DRILL!! Oh wait, we still ship out 30% of the oil already refined in the US.....

What is the GOP going to do about the rising cost of food? Anyone? You got me on this one, as I haven't heard a word from any of the GOP clowns on this specific topic. But, if I had to guess, tax breaks for the weatlhy, err job creators will fix this problem too....

What will the GOP do?

If they knew what they were doing?

They would do what they are supposed to do.

Build some roads, defend our shores and stay the fuck out of our personal lives.

Let pure competitioon work as it should...it will level oput the prices....and people will get jobs.

It really isnt rocxket science.

Problem is...such noble actions does not buy votes.

FYI.......government should let us suffer the consequences of our actions. The markets hurt us becuase we all tried to "get rich" the easy way......you can not be hurt if you dont try to capitalize.....

but whatever......

Make costs transparent so that consumers understand what health-care treatments cost. How many people know the total cost of their last doctor's visit and how that total breaks down? What other goods or services do we buy without knowing how much they will cost us?

Seriously....how is this going to reduce the cost of healthcare?

I have not hear a single forward-looking idea out of any Republican or Democrat.

I am a born and bred conservative who voted the straight GOP ticket until 2006. At that point I became so disgusted with the raving lunatics who have kidnapped the Republican party that I stopped voting altogether, except to vote on local measures on my state's ballot.

So tell us, Republicans, what is the plan to bend the health care cost curve down if/when ObamaCare is tossed on the dustbin of history? What's the GOP plan? Anyone?

Stop obsessing over Obama's vacations and birth certificate and latest press conference and tell us what the plan going forward is.

why do you then care to vote for them again?

the name only?

What will the GOP do?

Build some roads, defend our shores and stay the fuck out of our personal lives.

Let pure competitioon work as it should...it will level oput the prices....and people will get jobs.

FYI.......government should let us suffer the consequences of our actions. The markets hurt us becuase we all tried to "get rich" the easy way......you can not be hurt if you dont try to capitalize.....

but whatever......

Your "ideas" suck and have a proven, guaranteed 100% fail rate

thus why I would not be a good legislator...and never pretended I would be.

What is the GOP's plan forward? After the election the first order of business is a great sigh of relief that the Dictator has been taken down. Then the details.

Nothing, simply nothing, the GOP plan is as it always is, make vague promises and do nothing about any real problems. Remember the goal of the Right is to dismantle as much of the federal government as possible, the less government the better.

Last edited:
What will the GOP do?

but whatever......

sure makes you a low information voter though

What will the GOP do?

but whatever......

sorry I thought I replied to FDRs Ghost

I am a born and bred conservative who voted the straight GOP ticket until 2006.

People like you put Pelosi in charge of the checkbook.

So there is all the reason you need to vote Republican.

No. Absolutely wrong. The "lesser of two evils" plan has gotten us more and more evil choices.

The GOP deserves Pelosi and Obama after giving us Bush.

I am a born and bred conservative who voted the straight GOP ticket until 2006.

No. Absolutely wrong. The "lesser of two evils" plan has gotten us more and more evil choices.

No, I am pretty sure the Democrats took the House and Senate and we got Pelosi-Reid-Obama because not enough people voted Republican.

why do you then care to vote for them again?

the name only?

I vote Republican or not at all. The Democratic party is, and always has been, toxic. The GOP has become a different kind of toxic, but still has some shreds of its old self remaining. If it can remove the Drooling Idiot infestation, it can be restored to its old glory. Conservatives used to be the smartest people in the room, believe it or not.

Third parties are a collection of propellerheads. Voting third party out of protest toward a major party just encourages the propellerheads into believing they are doing something right.

I'm tired of hearing a bunch of trash talk. I want a reason to vote GOP. "Because Obama" is not a reason to vote GOP.

Last edited:
Toxic ?

I so tell us just what the republican party platform would be if you could design it?

No, I am pretty sure the Democrats took the House and Senate and we got Pelosi-Reid-Obama because not enough people voted Republican.

I believe that to be true, as well. By running off people like me, the GOP got the axis of evil into power.

Forum List

Back