What's the deal with the Easter Bunny?

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
We all know that Santa Claus is symbolic for one of the three wisemen (the fat one with the white beard) who travelled a long distance to bring baby Jesus his birthday gifts.

But few people know that the Easter bunny symbolizes the hallucinations that Jesus had on the cross, where, in his delirium caused by severe dehydration and blood loss, he thought about chocolate rabbits laying eggs.

Seriousness ... well, as serious as I get that is ...

Bunnies are just a sign of spring, common in many pagan religions mostly druidic. Just remember that much of the christian holidays are based in pagan roots, which they borrowed really old traditions to supplement their own.

... just don't tell them ... shhhhh .... *ninja crouch*

Seriousness ... well, as serious as I get that is ...

Bunnies are just a sign of spring, common in many pagan religions mostly druidic. Just remember that much of the christian holidays are based in pagan roots, which they borrowed really old traditions to supplement their own.

... just don't tell them ... shhhhh .... *ninja crouch*

But what's the deal with the eggs?

Sounds a little Alice in Wonderlandish to me.

the giant rabbit hid eggs to distract the romans then rolled the rock away to let jesus out.....

When I was a kid my mom always called the little solid chocolate eggs chocolate footballs and that's what I thought they were. They looked like footballs and it never occurred to me they were eggs, even though everyone else called them eggs. It wasn't until I had kids of my own that the light bulb went off. Guess I was in a chocolate coma.

Think about the Easter bunny . . . a little furry thing hopping around plopping candy in baskets? Nah. A big giant Harvey type rabbit. Scary if you ask me.

I can't remember where I saw this, but someone referred to Easter eggs as "Satan's Testicles"

I can't remember where I saw this, but someone referred to Easter eggs as "Satan's Testicles"

It was a bumper sticker on Facebook.

Ack! Facebookers! *hides*

I joined when my daughter went to college last fall as another way to keep in touch. Thank God my youth was before all this electronic crap!

Unfortunately, I started playing Mafia Wars on Facebook and yikes! it's kind of addicting.

It was a bumper sticker on Facebook.

I joined when my daughter went to college last fall as another way to keep in touch. Thank God my youth was before all this electronic crap!

Unfortunately, I started playing Mafia Wars on Facebook and yikes! it's kind of addicting.

I grew up just at the start of the technology explosion, but I think it's gotten out of hand, but meh ... going with the flow for now and hoping we get wise as a society before we're too dependent on it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnThfJU57sk]YouTube - dick cheney kills the easter bunny[/ame]

fortunately Dick Cheney took care of things for us.

I grew up just at the start of the technology explosion, but I think it's gotten out of hand, but meh ... going with the flow for now and hoping we get wise as a society before we're too dependent on it.

I meant I'm glad my parents didn't have all these different ways to always get in touch with me, always knowing my whereabouts. TMI for them. :D

Since it's your whole life you better hope that doesn't happen too soon. :lol:

Forum List

Back