What's The Criteria For A Successful Debate?

We've been having debates for many many years, since Nixon I believe. At least on TV. Why are so many on the left pretending we never did it before?

Since Lincoln/Douglas and back to the beginning when they called each other vile names and challenged each other to a duel.
lol.gif
Politics these days is pretty tame compared to our early history. I remember reading those who watched Nixon/Kennedy thought JFK won and those who heard it on the radio thought Nixon won.

We've been having debates for many many years, since Nixon I believe. At least on TV. Why are so many on the left pretending we never did it before?

Since Lincoln/Douglas and back to the beginning when they called each other vile names and challenged each other to a duel.
lol.gif
Politics these days is pretty tame compared to our early history. I remember reading those who watched Nixon/Kennedy thought JFK won and those who heard it on the radio thought Nixon won.
Yep, all because Nixon sweated under the lights and the Dems knew what to do. A sign of things to come.

Yep, all because Nixon sweated under the lights and the Dems knew what to do. A sign of things to come.

I remember watching it on a black/white TV although I was only 13 and Nixon looked like a mob guy...heavy beard, never blinked, seemed pissed off. I saw JFK once at an airport rally....his head was HUGE like Alfred E. Newman. My sister thought he was a god...I thought he looked like a cartoon character.
lol.gif

There should be a standard of debating that goes for BOTH candidates, which includes not selling lies and/or bogus rhetoric during tonight's debate.

I'd like to have a consensus BEFORE the actual debate, so that folks aren't making it up as they go along depending on what their candidate says.

What say you?
It's simply not necessary. Within minutes of the debate ending, all the media will be fact checking and analyzing everything that was said, so any voters who are interested in who told the truth will know within minutes who did.

The Clinton campaign wants real time fact checking because Hillary has only one campaign topic, Donald Trump, and she doesn't want to be side tracked from it by having to answer questions about herself and what she will do about any specific issue.

There should be a standard of debating that goes for BOTH candidates, which includes not selling lies and/or bogus rhetoric during tonight's debate.

I'd like to have a consensus BEFORE the actual debate, so that folks aren't making it up as they go along depending on what their candidate says.

What say you?

For Trump its to not go off and call Hillery a crooked lying liar face fart head. All Hillary has to do to win is remain standing and she will do good.

Her medical staff had better taped on her catheter seriously tight.
If she 'makes a puddle' on the stage 30 minutes into the debate she's fucking toast!
If her eyes start rolling around she's fucking toast.
If she has a five minute coughing fit she's fucking toast.
BUT my friends she will 'twist her ankle' just before the debate and plead with the commission to do the debate in a wheelchair. You know. The very old 'sympathy vote'.

I heard they've hired Vlad the Impaler to keep her "propped up".

I wouldn't keep that filthy tongue my mouth either. No telling how many toilets you've cleaned with it.

What's The Criteria For A Successful Debate?

A "successful debate" (successful as in it provides the maximum benefit to the citizenry) goes something along the lines of ...

The Repulsive and Disgusting Candidates take the stage and with as much faux civility as they can muster greet each other and blather on for 5 minutes about how honored they are to be invited and how much they love us common folk.

Then the real bread and circuses begins as the two candidates draw knives and proceed to murder each other on stage.

The Citizenry +1
Lying, Scumbag Politicians -2

John Gibson is now defining "winning" as who gets the most out of the debate, and since Hillary was just being Hillary, Donald won.

That's EXACTLY why I created this thread BEFORE the debate began, to get some iron-clad definitions of winning. I KNEW that rightwingers would be making crap up as they go, just to spin a Donald win.

49izadw.gif

Forum List

Back