What's The Criteria For A Successful Debate?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
There should be a standard of debating that goes for BOTH candidates, which includes not selling lies and/or bogus rhetoric during tonight's debate.

I'd like to have a consensus BEFORE the actual debate, so that folks aren't making it up as they go along depending on what their candidate says.

What say you?

The debates are a total waste of time. Anyone swayed either way hasn't been paying fuck-all enough attention. If you don't know the devils by now even God can't help you.

There should be a standard of debating that goes for BOTH candidates, which includes not selling lies and/or bogus rhetoric during tonight's debate.

I'd like to have a consensus BEFORE the actual debate, so that folks aren't making it up as they go along depending on what their candidate says.

What say you?

I say that'll never happen on either side

The debates are a total waste of time. Anyone swayed either way hasn't been paying fuck-all enough attention. If you don't know the devils by now even God can't help you.
You're scared.....excellent.....
Not in the slightest. I don't need my guy to win to think I will survive. Win or lose the rigged game goes on just as it is. The only real thing at stake is the Supreme Court and even that matters very little now.

Can you say it doesn't matter either way? Not a chance, the idea of Hillary being elected makes you piss yourself.

True on the paying attention, most people don't. The debates have a huge impact though like it or not. Romney got himself a shot to win in the first debate when he took Obama apart. The second he maintained the momentum. Then when he caved in the third and agreed with everything that came out of Obama's mouth in the third thinking he'd won he took the heart and soul of of his support who wanted a fighter and lost. That was the reason for the rise of Trump in this election. So true on the swaying people. But a "waste of time?" That's completely wrong

You're scared.....excellent.....
Not in the slightest. I don't need my guy to win to think I will survive. Win or lose the rigged game goes on just as it is. The only real thing at stake is the Supreme Court and even that matters very little now.

Can you say it doesn't matter either way? Not a chance, the idea of Hillary being elected makes you piss yourself.
Your fear, it's refreshing......

What say you?

At least two comparative discussions on each other's penises, plenty of unchallenged lying, and the Secret Service immediately apprehending any would be free speech zone violators.

What say you?
Hillary doesn't feint?
Trump doesn't call her Rosie O'Donnell?

I might be wrong, but I think both candidate will have about four platforms they will try to espouse on and turn the questions to highlight their strengths and the weaknesses of their opponent.

It will be a very successful debate for the viewers if the keep thinking, "Did the candidate answer the question or just deflect and hop on their tirade." Both candidates I think will do just that ... just deflect and attack.

I think both candidates are vulnerable to criticism if they don't answer the question intended.

What say you?

I guess for most people it'll be insults, soundbites and anything entertaining.

Both candidates should explain HOW they plan to accomplish their promises.
Both candidates should stick to their own platform and avoid "temperament" wars.
Hopefully the moderator won't waste a lot of time on e-mails and Birtherism. Nobody wants to hear it.

Seriously it is the image the two candidates are trying to sell...

Donald has to keep selling image that he is strong. He is going to pressed on his actual honesty. This is where the moderator comes into play... If he is allowed to lie unperturbed then he gets an advantage, if he gets called it will be the first time since Megan Kelly and we know how he faired there...

Hillary is selling her competency for the job and will be pressing policy and facts, her big thing to avoid is getting in the mud with Trump. I don't think she will fall for name calling and outlandish behavior... She will have the zingers lied up for that type of behavior.

If they stand toe to toe and no major mistakes it will be a wash... Trump has to get Clinton to backdown, Clinton has never shown to do that while Clinton has to get Trump to overreach...

At the end of the day this is about looking presidential...

What say you?
Politicians are gonna do what they do - spin, deflect, distort. That's just baked in. It's DNA. It's science.

What I want is an end to the gotcha questions and the "your opponent said this about you" questions, and just ask, and force answers to, direct questions about policy and specifics on what they plan to do in office. Maybe a few theoretical questions on foreign policy, how they would react to certain global events.

I really would think that would be the point here, but it never is.

Never bother with them, utterly meaningless spectacle, pageantry, theater. Kinda like the elections themselves come to think of it.

What say you?
----------------------------------- I just want the total crushing of 'illary' . Nothing can be said that would change my support from the Trump to 'illary' . I'll have a few beers and watch and listen for ZINGERS .

New Topics

Forum List

Back