What's happening to Men in America?

I am sorry, but some of you who claim kids are overmedicated are simply assholes who do not know what ADHD is. Your ignorance abounds and you blame educators for a medical condition that is easily controlled by medication. I know this as a former educator and grandfather of two boys who live in my home.

Perhaps if you actually saw what it takes to try to teach in a classroom with a child who literally cannot keep still, keep their mouth shut, or keep their hands to themselves, you will never know the truth. There are many girls with ADHD so your lack of informed opinions are a testament to your ignorance on the topic.

It's just a ruse to simplify discipline problems.

No, it is not. Claiming that just shows you are an ignorant jerk who has not done your homework. You prefer being an pain in the ass instead of accepting reality.

When you have to deal with 10-12 little monsters in one class and see what it is like when they get the proper treatment, you might just learn the difference.

I had a young man who was severely ADHD, and his parents were frustrated because he was always a borderline D-F student. He was evaluated by a physician and placed on medication. That child changed overnight. He went from being a contestant disruption in the class to one of the best students. Every teacher he had noted an instant change. The child went on to be an almost straight-A student and graduated with honors a few years later. Where would he have been without his ADHD medication?

As I said, my own grandsons were ADHD. The oldest one has grown out of it and no longer requires meds at the ripe old age of 11. He was the top science student in his 5th grade class. My younger grandson is progressing well. We anticipate he will also "grow out of it". Compare that to their father, who was severely ADHD, and his mother was also a teacher who did not believe in ADHD meds. He barely graduated from an alternative school because of all the trouble he was in, both in and out of school. The difference between him and his sons was a parent who knew what could be done for children with those issues.

ADHD kids without meds grow up to be liberals.

As I have related before as an example, my 6th-grade class had 37 students, and one Catholic nun running it. There was no Ritalin, no discipline problems, and everyone passed.

ADHD is just another name for Tom Sawyer.

No.you support child abuse. Admit it.

Drugging a child to mask natural impulses in order to make life simple for the indoctrinators is child abuse.

How many decades ago was that Methuselah?

1960s, before education was replaced with indoctrination.

Well, damn! Let's just beat the little fuckers into submission!

It's just a ruse to simplify discipline problems.

No, it is not. Claiming that just shows you are an ignorant jerk who has not done your homework. You prefer being an pain in the ass instead of accepting reality.

When you have to deal with 10-12 little monsters in one class and see what it is like when they get the proper treatment, you might just learn the difference.

I had a young man who was severely ADHD, and his parents were frustrated because he was always a borderline D-F student. He was evaluated by a physician and placed on medication. That child changed overnight. He went from being a contestant disruption in the class to one of the best students. Every teacher he had noted an instant change. The child went on to be an almost straight-A student and graduated with honors a few years later. Where would he have been without his ADHD medication?

As I said, my own grandsons were ADHD. The oldest one has grown out of it and no longer requires meds at the ripe old age of 11. He was the top science student in his 5th grade class. My younger grandson is progressing well. We anticipate he will also "grow out of it". Compare that to their father, who was severely ADHD, and his mother was also a teacher who did not believe in ADHD meds. He barely graduated from an alternative school because of all the trouble he was in, both in and out of school. The difference between him and his sons was a parent who knew what could be done for children with those issues.

As I have related before as an example, my 6th-grade class had 37 students, and one Catholic nun running it. There was no Ritalin, no discipline problems, and everyone passed.

Drugging a child to mask natural impulses in order to make life simple for the indoctrinators is child abuse.

Old wives' tales. There were no beatings. You might get "DiNozzo'd" on the back of the head, or a whack with a map pointer across your legs, or hit with a flying chalkboard eraser. Maybe an hour on your knees copying paragraphs. Things to get your attention.

What you learned was not to repeat the offensive behavior.

Old wives' tales. There were no beatings. You might get "DiNozzo'd" on the back of the head, or a whack with a map pointer across your legs, or hit with a flying chalkboard eraser. Maybe an hour on your knees copying paragraphs. Things to get your attention.

None of those things would fly today, and you damn well know it. Little Johnnie or Little Susie would be on the phone to their lawyer before you can bat an eye!

Grow up man! It's embarrassing!

Real men will never be broken.

Never.

That's why I don't care what they say.

None of those things would fly today, and you damn well know it. Little Johnnie or Little Susie would be on the phone to their lawyer before you can bat an eye!

Aye, that's the rub.

Aye, that's the rub.

So why did you pull out all of that tripe, knowing damn well that none of that shit can happen in today's environment?

Aye, that's the rub.

So why did you pull out all of that tripe, knowing damn well that none of that shit can happen in today's environment?

Merely relating things that should be.

Humans are animals, mammals like any other, and subject to every animal nature. Our intellect permits us to rise above the base instincts, but we must be trained to it.

Aye, that's the rub.

Humans are animals, mammals like any other, and subject to every animal nature. Our intellect permits us to rise above the base instincts, but we must be trained to it.

Fail. You just like being an ass. Not that there is anything wrong with that! :D

Aye, that's the rub.

Fail. You just like being an ass. Not that there is anything wrong with that! :D

If not that, then what are we?

Absolutely not.

It just made sense to me, from an evolutionary standpoint, that men don’t need the muscle mass to be successful.

That is an ignorant statement and shows you have not done any research and just spouting feminist doctrine.

It’s not killing them; it may lead to a change in what people think masculinity means. That seemed to be a hot topic in this thread- about how young guys don’t know about cars or can’t use certain tools. That stuff, I don’t care much about.

Since masculinity is directly related to testosterone, that assertion is ludicrous, pompous and arrogant. How would you like it if I said women don't need as much estrogen? You basically said earlier that estrogen enhances women. Let's take some of it away...you don't need those hips and soft skin. And that protective layer of fat that make smooth curves and enhances your survival. How old are you...seriously? Your arguments are juvenile and grossly uninformed IMO.

Wait until society wants you to except this as normal. With s---t like this somebody needs to NOT reproduce.

Forum List

Back