What's going on?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by turzovka, Dec 14, 2012.

1. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,706
    Everyone’s talking about guns. We have had guns for 300 years in this nation and probably many more had them in the 30s – 60s, but there was no prominence of random killing of citizens back then like it has been the past two decades.

You might call it psychological pressures have increased, but I believe so has demonic influences. The further society distances itself from God the less they are protected by grace from evil temptation and the more the devil can entice. To murder someone is a great leap of anger, hatred and abandonment of compassion. Conscience has been abolished. As long as God is real then so is what He says about evil influences from beyond.

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    This is what a degenerate society looks like. This is the result of depravity. This is what utter self centeredness is. Nothing matters but how the insane person feels. Everyone must pay the price.

If someone wants a Godless and soulless culture this is what it is. This is what a society based on feeling good looks like.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. bayoubill

bayoubill aka Sheik Yerbouti... Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +930
    imho, the main impetus for the increasingly-common incidence of senseless violence is this:

the decline of the traditional two-parent family unit...

nowadays, more and more kids don't get what they need for basic emotional development and moral guidance as they grow up...

4. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,706
    I agree, sorry to say.

5. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,706
    I agree with you, too. But no spiritual presence in the parents adds to a quick separation of parents.

6. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyPuE314SDQ]Can Antidepressants Cause Violence? - YouTube[/ame]

7. Merchant_of_Meh

Merchant_of_Meh Child of the Keywork

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Americans are just as prone to mental instability as everyone else in this world. We are just as prone to depravity, to sociopathy, to mindless hatred and severe degradation of humanity. We are no different from any other nation in any of those capacities.

However, this is the difference between America and the rest of the world: We have more guns and an easier path to acquire them.

For better or worse.

8. S.J.

S.J. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,816
    The fear of going to hell used to be enough to prevent people from committing horrific acts like this, but when kids are taught there is no God, violence is glorified in Hollywood, and our president mocks Christianity, is it any wonder?

9. Merchant_of_Meh

Merchant_of_Meh Child of the Keywork

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If anything, the fear of going to hell actually used to be enough to encourage people to commit horrific acts back in the day. Look at the the First Crusade, for example. Pope Urban II was literally selling tickets to heaven in order to sack Jerusalem and massacre everyone in it. Look at what the earlier Roman Emperors did the Christians, throwing them to the lions in the arena or just wholly putting them to the sword. Look at what the Muslims did when they retook Jerusalem, the exact same thing the Christians did. And they did it out of revenge. Look at what the Mayans did to their captives, killing them as sacrifices to their gods and eating the hearts of their victims.

Religion is not the final answer to this type of senseless tragedy. If praying helps, then pray on. I just don't see religion as something that can resolve this issue and stop this maddening slaughter.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. turzovka

turzovka Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,706

I agree, and that is the part of all this that concerns me. Yes, I imagine if there was a national law banning hand guns that would eliminate some of these atrocities. But our society is degenerating for many larger and profound reasons than just an increased number of mass murderers. I don't think this nation thinks about God or spiritual matters much at all.