What's going on?

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
Everyone’s talking about guns. We have had guns for 300 years in this nation and probably many more had them in the 30s – 60s, but there was no prominence of random killing of citizens back then like it has been the past two decades.

You might call it psychological pressures have increased, but I believe so has demonic influences. The further society distances itself from God the less they are protected by grace from evil temptation and the more the devil can entice. To murder someone is a great leap of anger, hatred and abandonment of compassion. Conscience has been abolished. As long as God is real then so is what He says about evil influences from beyond.

This is what a degenerate society looks like. This is the result of depravity. This is what utter self centeredness is. Nothing matters but how the insane person feels. Everyone must pay the price.

If someone wants a Godless and soulless culture this is what it is. This is what a society based on feeling good looks like.

imho, the main impetus for the increasingly-common incidence of senseless violence is this:

the decline of the traditional two-parent family unit...

nowadays, more and more kids don't get what they need for basic emotional development and moral guidance as they grow up...

This is what a degenerate society looks like. This is the result of depravity. This is what utter self centeredness is. Nothing matters but how the insane person feels. Everyone must pay the price.

If someone wants a Godless and soulless culture this is what it is. This is what a society based on feeling good looks like.

I agree, sorry to say.

imho, the main impetus for the increasingly-common incidence of senseless violence is this:

the decline of the traditional two-parent family unit...

nowadays, more and more kids don't get what they need for basic emotional development and moral guidance as they grow up...

I agree with you, too. But no spiritual presence in the parents adds to a quick separation of parents.

Everyone’s talking about guns. We have had guns for 300 years in this nation and probably many more had them in the 30s – 60s, but there was no prominence of random killing of citizens back then like it has been the past two decades.

You might call it psychological pressures have increased, but I believe so has demonic influences. The further society distances itself from God the less they are protected by grace from evil temptation and the more the devil can entice. To murder someone is a great leap of anger, hatred and abandonment of compassion. Conscience has been abolished. As long as God is real then so is what He says about evil influences from beyond.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyPuE314SDQ]Can Antidepressants Cause Violence? - YouTube[/ame]

Americans are just as prone to mental instability as everyone else in this world. We are just as prone to depravity, to sociopathy, to mindless hatred and severe degradation of humanity. We are no different from any other nation in any of those capacities.

However, this is the difference between America and the rest of the world: We have more guns and an easier path to acquire them.

For better or worse.

The fear of going to hell used to be enough to prevent people from committing horrific acts like this, but when kids are taught there is no God, violence is glorified in Hollywood, and our president mocks Christianity, is it any wonder?

The fear of going to hell used to be enough to prevent people from committing horrific acts like this, but when kids are taught there is no God, violence is glorified in Hollywood, and our president mocks Christianity, is it any wonder?

If anything, the fear of going to hell actually used to be enough to encourage people to commit horrific acts back in the day. Look at the the First Crusade, for example. Pope Urban II was literally selling tickets to heaven in order to sack Jerusalem and massacre everyone in it. Look at what the earlier Roman Emperors did the Christians, throwing them to the lions in the arena or just wholly putting them to the sword. Look at what the Muslims did when they retook Jerusalem, the exact same thing the Christians did. And they did it out of revenge. Look at what the Mayans did to their captives, killing them as sacrifices to their gods and eating the hearts of their victims.

Religion is not the final answer to this type of senseless tragedy. If praying helps, then pray on. I just don't see religion as something that can resolve this issue and stop this maddening slaughter.

Last edited:

I agree, and that is the part of all this that concerns me. Yes, I imagine if there was a national law banning hand guns that would eliminate some of these atrocities. But our society is degenerating for many larger and profound reasons than just an increased number of mass murderers. I don't think this nation thinks about God or spiritual matters much at all.

Americans are just as prone to mental instability as everyone else in this world. We are just as prone to depravity, to sociopathy, to mindless hatred and severe degradation of humanity. We are no different from any other nation in any of those capacities.

However, this is the difference between America and the rest of the world: We have more guns and an easier path to acquire them.

For better or worse.

I won't argue with that because it does add to the risks. I am looking at other elements as well.

Uh, have you noticed what's been coming out of Hollywood lately? Have you been to the movies, watched television, or played any video games?

In America, an erect cock cannot be shown in mainstream movies--but heads can be splattered on television.

A sick, sick nation.

Uh, have you noticed what's been coming out of Hollywood lately? Have you been to the movies, watched television, or played any video games?

In America, an erect cock cannot be shown in mainstream movies--but heads can be splattered on television.

A sick, sick nation.

I grant you that is a strong contributing factor and along with that violent video games and some sick lyrics.

In Revelations, when John is talking about the fall of Babylon, he makes this comment:

Revelation 18:23

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

The Greek word translated as "sorceries" is "pharmakeia," which is defined as: "the use or the administering of drugs."

Who isn't taking some kind of drug today? Mood enhancers, seratonin uptake inhibitors, blood pressure pills, cholesterol pills. The list goes on and on and on. Nearly all of us have some kind of chemical cocktail coursing through our veins, entering into every single cell in our body and producing effects nobody even knows about. Modern medicine has convinced us that if we'll just take this pill or that one, we won't have to die or suffer or even be unhappy, and modern industrial food production loads us up with chemical growth hormones, pesticide residue, "flavor enhancers," artificial coloring and antibiotics.

Reckon that might have something to do with it?

Last edited:
This is what utter self centeredness is.

2 Timothy 3
King James Version (KJV)

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:

The Bible is true, it's relevant and it DOES matter.

God doesn't have squat to do with it. More kids who are on meds these days than not and they're all turning into loons.

find peace in your faith, but, never preach it to others. Sorry I find main stream religion absolutely rediculous. I am a believer, so don't ever try to call me an athiest. But every CHURCH I have EVER attended has preach utter bullarchy.

What in the heck does believing in God have to do with killing another human being?

The "threat" of hell?

Hmm... reprecussions for your actions?

Yet most of these mass shooters kill themselves.

You want to blame society for this issue... Blame the two parents that have to make ends meet by working late hours and NEVER being home for thier children?
How about a society that has been reduced to working so much to make a household at all.

Blame every one who doesn't preach about the religion to their neighbors?
Religous warfare has killed more humans in its existance than ALL the wars, mas shootings, abortions or (fill it in) together.

You want the violence in the states to ease?
Kill every stupid idiot on death row, kill every person who intentionally kills another human being, punish those who commit these crimes as severely as the crime they commit.

Oh but if you kill another human being, even justly, you ruin your soul... it is against Human rights and blah blah blah.....

I would gladly take that weight on my shoudlers, On my my soul, then allow those events to transpire repeatedly.

find peace in your faith, but, never preach it to others. Sorry I find main stream religion absolutely rediculous. I am a believer, so don't ever try to call me an athiest. But every CHURCH I have EVER attended has preach utter bullarchy.

Sorry, but this sounds a bit selfish. Maybe you are at peace and do not like intrusions, but what about the destitute and despairing in this nation and in other lands? Do we just offer them a can of beans and then leave them alone? Maybe they need to hear something more to give meaning to their lives? Maybe Jesus is real and so is heaven and hell. Maybe saving someone from a dreadful end is worth far more than the annoyances others must “endure” by hearing some preacher when they are channel surfing or perusing messages on the internet? And just maybe it is the upper middle class suburban family that is more malnourished spiritually than any poverty stricken urban blight area, and maybe they would be more grateful than anyone to reconsider how they are ordering their lives?

What in the heck does believing in God have to do with killing another human being? The "threat" of hell? Hmm... reprecussions for your actions? Yet most of these mass shooters kill themselves.

Well if you do not believe God exists, you do not believe His Word, and then you will not believe demonic influences are present in our world. I cannot overcome or convince under those circumstances.

You want to blame society for this issue... Blame the two parents that have to make ends meet by working late hours and NEVER being home for thier children?
How about a society that has been reduced to working so much to make a household at all.

I blame a lot of things including the devil. I blame what you just said and what other posters said in this thread including a pharmacy induced society, a violent TV and video game culture, a wanton pursuit of fun at every age, a lack of discipline and personal responsibility, and more.

Blame every one who doesn't preach about the religion to their neighbors?
Religous warfare has killed more humans in its existance than ALL the wars, mas shootings, abortions or (fill it in) together.

Your religion claim is just not well substantiated. Not only that, it is Christian nations that have shed their own blood defending defenseless nations from a variety of despots. But are you saying Christianity is a huge threat towards innocent lives because extremist Islam has reigned terror over countless nations this past century? In the last 100 years when man was most civilized, it was godless tyrants that caused mass murder such as Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Ho Chi Minh, North Korea and so on. I do not call their propensity to murder gratuitiously and their disdain for God to be a coincidence.

You want the violence in the states to ease?
Kill every stupid idiot on death row, kill every person who intentionally kills another human being, punish those who commit these crimes as severely as the crime they commit.

Oh but if you kill another human being, even justly, you ruin your soul... it is against Human rights and blah blah blah.....

I would gladly take that weight on my shoudlers, On my my soul, then allow those events to transpire repeatedly.

Capital punishment may be, not formally but publicly, opposed by the Catholic Church, but it really pales in comparison to what the Church is preaching against. It is far more personal spiritual issues where the lament is and problems lie. You cast aside abortion rather lightly I might add. Generally speaking, I believe Christian faiths are Ok with long sentences for criminals as retribution and deterrents. So am I.

Forum List

Back