Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

These guys saw an opportunity to make a big deal out of this and punish the guy.

They could have just told him to shove it, but they wanted to issue their "consequences".

That's how the PC Police rolls.

Well, yeah, how dare he break the law and think he can get away with it.

Hey, if he doesn't like the law, he should appeal to the state legislature and the governor to get a new law passed.

But as long as that IS the law, he should obey it.

This is not a difficult concept.

It's not the law junior. The Constitution is the highest law in the land and trumps state and local law (it's called the Supremacy Clause junior). And the Constitution protects both your private property (which a bakery is) and your 1st Amendment rights.

The courts have found that Public Accommedation laws are constitutional.

now, I know that you have your fantasies about what the Constitution says or what you wish it says... but it just ain't so.

Yes...after giving it some more thought, I think it is better to wait until all the bigots aren't bigots any longer. Then gay people can have equal rights. It shouldn't take very long. We can change hearts and minds by allowing bigots to be bigots. Let's leave them alone! The more we ignore their bigotry, the faster they will come around to supporting gay rights.

Who knew that there are so many homophobic bakeries out there? I didn't.

What ever happened to the baker that wanted to increase the business and expand the customer base and provide the highest quality product or service to their paying clientele?

Bake a cake with salt and icing with vinegar. How fucking stupid.

A satisfied customer tells three people or so how satisfied they were with a company or service.

A dissatisfied customer tell how many how badly they were treated? 12? 15 people. Anybody that will listen?

That right there is how fucking smart Republicans who run small business's are. Piss off the good paying customers to satisfy some weird moral belief that gay people shouldn't be able to buy a cake from a publicly run business. And the business owner is willing to give up future business and risk a poor reputation...........for what? A moral victory.

Good god republicans are stupid.

No, dude, a dissatisfied customer goes on Yelp, Google Places, your company facebook page, and just about every place else they can find and tells people how much your service sucks.

I'm wondering if Rottie would be so understanding if someone said, "We don't serve Christians here."

how the fuck is a business going to know who is Christian or what ever ? ? ? ?

you are so fucking stupid i am amazed you even know how to turn on your Mommies computer, or does she do it for you....? please do not reply, you will only confirmmy suspicions.

[

Well, that was a different America, before we were discussing how the Constitution was written by rich white slave owners and how the country needed to be fundamentally changed. So that's gone, sorry.

Rather than doing the heavy lifting of working on changing hearts and minds, the narcissistic Left has chosen to instead go with intimidation, conformity and "consequences" for anyone who (currently) thinks differently.

You will conform or else.

I'm sort of amused that you are all upset that the shoe is on the other foot.

I had a co-worker who was fired after working for our company for 14 years because she brought her girlfriend to the holiday party. Her girlfriend wore a man's suit just so nobody missed the point.

So now the tables have turned and it's the homophobes who find themselves in the minority, and you guys are whining because, oh my gosh, laws are actually being enforced.

Sorry, dude, Public Accommodation Laws have been on the books since the 1960's.

Yuck, play the "public accommodation law" game with someone else. If you were so concerned about laws you'd be screaming against illegal immigration and supporting gun statutes. Gawd, how monumentally silly, Joe. This is about conformity and control.

I'd rather change hearts and minds about homosexuality, you'd rather take the conformity/consequences approach. Not everyone is as narcissistic as you.

Democrat Kirsten Powers: How ironic that the persecutors this time around are the so-called intellectuals. They claim to be liberal while behaving as anything but. The touchstone of liberalism is tolerance of differing ideas. Yet this mob exists to enforce conformity of thought and to delegitimize any dissent from its sanctioned worldview. Intolerance is its calling card.

every time you morons don't get your way its guns, guns guns, nobody on the left is trying to take your guns ... we just don't want felons to have them or nut cases like you having them..

the case you are referring to is a business that makes cakes to be sold to the public ...they are a public business ... that fact that you're a homophobe isn't our problem ... you violate the law you're going to get taken to court, its that simple... he reused to serve these gay men ... he wouldn't let them buy a wedding cake in his public business...

as for illegals again stupid is written all over your face ... you rant about Obama and illegals and yet, Obama, of all the presidents, he has deported more illegals then any administration to date ...yet you here want to talk about how liberals handle Illegals ??? really ???

First of all a business does not have the right to deny service to ANYONE they want. Civil rights acts took care of that bit of business. So the question then becomes do the beliefs of a person override the civil rights of another. Well as has been ruled in several places a Muslim can refuse to service someone if it concerns alcohol, even the transportation in a Taxi. So yes we have decided that religious beliefs can lead to refusing service. Well then the question becomes can a religious belief cause a person to refuse service due to race, color or creed and the answer is a definite NO. It is not a matter of if the person can just go down the road and receive the service they want, it is a matter or equal treatment. So if you are white, black, yellow, a woman or a man, you should expect to enter a place of business and receive equal service to any other person.

NOW does that extend to a person's chosen life style? Even if we accept that being gay is normal and not a choice certainly the choice of getting married is a choice. It is my opinion that a person can refuse service that goes against their religious beliefs and not just that the person is white, black, yellow, male or female. It is also my opinion that being gay is not equal to being white, black, yellow, a woman or a man. For the government to then FORCE a person to go against those beliefs is, in my opinion, exactly what the 1st amendment is all about. Exactly why they say that a Muslim can refuse service to someone carrying alcohol.

The fact is that the first amendment's intent, in my opinion, is to prevent the government from ruling against religious beliefs or interfering in the exercise of. I man not agree with a lot of religious beliefs but in America you have the freedom, spelled out in the Constitution, to believe that crystals heal, that Allah is great and that support of gay marriage is a sin. Like it or not.

Last edited:
no liberals is trying to take your right to have a gun ... they just want to make sure you can't buy one if your are a felon or out right nuts... where you two moron can't get that thought through that numb skull of yours

Once again I had to address this separately just so your insane stupidity isn't buried in a longer post. There are liberals all over USMB demanding guns be outlawed (JoeB right here in this thread is among them).

Furthermore, Michael Bloomberg has called for the guns to be made illegal over and over and over. So has Jan Schakowsky. Andrew Cuomo. Diane Feinstein. Ed Koch. Eric Holder.

[ame=http://youtu.be/1_LaBJvI0BI]Diane Feinstein on Gun ban in 1995 -Mr. and Mrs. America, turn your guns in! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/BVz2lHODQvs]Rep. Jan Schakowsky: Assault Weapons ban 'Just the Beginning' - YouTube[/ame]

Oops...tell me @billyerock1991, how dumb do you feel right now? :lmao:

First of all a business does not have the right to deny service to ANYONE they want. Civil rights acts took care of that bit of business. So the question then becomes do the beliefs of a person override the civil rights of another. Well as has been ruled in several places a Muslim can refuse to service someone if it concerns alcohol, even the transportation in a Taxi. So yes we have decided that religious beliefs can lead to refusing service. Well then the question becomes can a religious belief cause a person to refuse service due to race, color or creed and the answer is a definite NO. It is not a matter of if the person can just go down the road and receive the service they want, it is a matter or equal treatment. So if you are white, black, yellow, a woman or a man, you should expect to enter a place of business and receive equal service to any other person.

NOW does that extend to a person's chosen life style? Even if we accept that being gay is normal and not a choice certainly the choice of getting married is a choice. It is my opinion that a person can refuse service that goes against their religious beliefs and not just that the person is white, black, yellow, male or female. It is also my opinion that being gay is not equal to being white, black, yellow, a woman or a man. For the government to then FORCE a person to go against those beliefs is, in my opinion, exactly what the 1st amendment is all about. Exactly why they say that a Muslim can refuse service to someone carrying alcohol.

The fact is that the first amendment's intent, in my opinion, is to prevent the government from ruling against religious beliefs or interfering in the exercise of. I many not agree with a lot of religious beliefs but in America you have the freedom, spelled out in the Constitution, to believe that crystals heal, that Allah is great and that support of gay marriage is a sin. Like it or not.

Religious beliefs are a choice. Sexuality is not.

The fact is that in your opinion.......? Great stuff.

The fact is that the first amendment's intent, in my opinion, is to prevent the government from ruling against religious beliefs or interfering in the exercise of. I many not agree with a lot of religious beliefs but in America you have the freedom, spelled out in the Constitution, to believe that crystals heal, that Allah is great and that support of gay marriage is a sin. Like it or not.

And your point being? How one practices sexuality certainly is a choice.

Religious belief is part and parcel of the natural law. The real choice is not having religion the choice is NOT having religion. Religion as defined as belief in something higher then myself.

"Civil Rights" applies to the public sector - not the private sector. I absolutely have the right to deny service to anyone any time I want in my bakery. Period.

Our government cannot discriminate (nor should they be able to). Our bakeries absolutely can. That is a privately owned business operating on private property.

Religious belief is part and parcel of the natural law. The real choice is not having religion the choice is NOT having religion. Religion as defined as belief in something higher then myself.

Weak argument, poorly stated.

You simply want to have your bigotry sanctioned by law. Just admit it.

The gay community and the liberals have lost their little Nazi minds. A privately owned business has the right to refuse to conduct business with anybody they want. Period. It's not even open for debate.

Further still, the 1st Amendment affords you the right to practice your religious belief. And the little liberal/gay Nazi community is working so hard to trample on that right as well.

All I can say is that I hope these companies deliver the most dreadful products and services when they are unconstitutionally forced to by the liberal Nazi's. If you're a bakery and you're forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I hope you put 70lbs of salt in the cake and make the frosting primarily out of vinegar so that they vomit when they eat it. Then maybe word will spread in their little gay circles that your bakery isn't any good and you can be left the hell alone to conduct your private business as you see fit.

*Note - desperate Nazi liberals will try to spin this as "homophobia" because they need to justify their anti-constitutional Nazi beliefs. However, it is not. I couldn't care less if someone is gay. What I do care about however is when they unconstitutionally force someone to do their bidding because they think being gay makes them special and entitled.

It's an agenda of reeducation

It amazes me how stupid you are... the law says and this is nothing new you can refuse to serve some one if they are causing trouble in your business thats it ... being gay isn't causing trouble in your business ... being black isn't causing you trouble in your business ... being mexican isn't causing trouble in your business ... if you choose to refuse service to any of these reason then you are violating the law and you can be held responsible for your actions... the fact that you don't like gays people, or black people, or mexicans, doesn't give you the right to refuse service to them period ... being liberal has nothing to do with these rights ... being and american has everything to do with these rights ... I live in colorado and this guy should have been nailed to the cross for violating their rights to be served and now its going to cost him a lot of money I hope it cost him so much money that it causes him to close shop ... we don't need people like this in the UNited States of America doing business

So tell me junior, am I forced to allow gay people into my house to have sex? I mean, as long as they aren't "causing trouble", I can't deny them access in your fucked up, illiterate, disturbed mind. :eusa_doh:

are you really this stupid??? really ??? if this statement above doesn't say stupid all over it I don't know what does ... your home is your home... when it becomes a bed and breakfast thats serves the public then yes they can fuck to their littler hearts desire ... but until you become a public business, you don't have to let any one fuck in your house ... if this isn't the most stupid statement I've heard to date, I don't know what is ... for some reason you have no idea what's the difference between publican and what's private ... your home is private and you can force anyone out of it you want .. if it becomes a business that serves the public they you have no choice. you have to follow the law of doing business to the public ...

P.S. if anyone has a fucked up, illiterate, disturbed mind. that would be you, sonny !!!! when you lear the difference between public and private then you can comprehend what the laws are about ...

Last edited:
I don't get the big deal.

If a business doesn't want my money I'll find another that does.

I won't lose a minute's sleep over it either.

when every business refuses your money then what???

then they are more then likely liberal establishment that are bigoted against Christians.

Do you agree I could go into a bakery and order any cake I so wanted? Do you think there is a questionnaire that I would have to fill out stating my sexual preference? Why is this even an issue? My thinking is that the gay couple wanted to make it an issue that is all pure and simple. Maybe I don't even blame them for doing so if that is what they really believe. But none the less things like this don't bring people together it drives them apart, in my opinion. What they are trying to do is FORCE a person to conform their religious beliefs against their will.

I'm wondering if Rottie would be so understanding if someone said, "We don't serve Christians here."

how the fuck is a business going to know who is Christian or what ever ? ? ? ?

you are so fucking stupid i am amazed you even know how to turn on your Mommies computer, or does she do it for you....? please do not reply, you will only confirmmy suspicions.

Gee, maybe if that person came in talking about "The Lord" every other sentence, you might know he or she is a Christian.

And you should still provide her excellent customer service. Beccause that's the job.

First of all a business does not have the right to deny service to ANYONE they want. Civil rights acts took care of that bit of business.
Nope. It prevented government from discriminating based on sex, race, religion and it had nothing to do with sexual orientation.
So the question then becomes do the beliefs of a person override the civil rights of another. Well as has been ruled in several places a Muslim can refuse to service someone if it concerns alcohol, even the transportation in a Taxi. So yes we have decided that religious beliefs can lead to refusing service. Well then the question becomes can a religious belief cause a person to refuse service due to race, color or creed and the answer is a definite NO. It is not a matter of if the person can just go down the road and receive the service they want, it is a matter or equal treatment. So if you are white, black, yellow, a woman or a man, you should expect to enter a place of business and receive equal service to any other person.
Businesses are not governments. All people pay to support government so government cannot treat them unequally.

Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

It was replaced with a sign that says "Shirts and Shoes required"

To keep out redneck conservatives

So if I walk in without a shirt and/or shoes, do you have the right to deny me service? Oops....hypocrite.

(Give a liberal 5 seconds and they will defeat their own argument every time)

Absolutely.......see how well those little signs work?

Just like those little......"No smoking permitted" and "Employees must wash hands" signs

Another ploy to keep out redneck conservatives

Uh, no.

Here's the thing, guy. It goes back to the "You Didn't Build THat" mentality.

The gays are paying the taxes that allow the baker to have a business. He's paying for the roads and the police protection and the utilities that the baker needs to be in business.

Hence, the term, "Public Accommodation".

And sweet evil Jesus, man, this isn't even a new concept. We had this argument 40 years ago over race and your side lost.

Uh, no.

Here's the thing guy - the roads and the police and the utilities have nothing to with that man's business.

If they did, you would have a business (you have the exact same access to the exact same roads, utilities, and law enforcement). Would you like to try again?

I do have a business. (I write resumes for people.)

And I don't discriminate. I've written a resume for a woman who was so butch I thought she was a dude at first, and I've written a resume for a whackjob who stopped listening to Michael Savage because he wasn't as dedicated to the Crazy of Ayn Rand as she was.

But here's the thing. My business- any business - can only exist in an infrastructure that allows it to. Otherwise, instead of getting paid to write a resume, I'd have to worry my next client is going to boink me over the head and run off with my laptop.

Joe - you don't have a business. Typing resumes on your computer for free because your neighbors don't have a computer or a printer is not a business.

Furthermore, denying someone service is detrimental to a business. And if America agrees with your fucked up ideology, then that business will go out of business. So why is there a need to play Nazi, place a gun to the head of an owner, and force them to bake a cake against their will?

Now before you go into another tired rant about "socialism", all civilization is a balance between individual freedom and collective good. No one really wants to live in Somalia, and no one wants to live in North Korea. So at some point, you have to decide where the happy medium is.

The happy medium is the U.S. Constitution and you are violating it. You're giving us North Korea. It's time conservatives take us back to the United States.

Enforcing a law that says, I should be able to expect a service you promised if I have the money to pay for it is a very happy medium.

And that's just it chief - the baker never promised to bake a cake for gay people. If he had, I would absolutely support forcing him to as he would have broken a contract. But he didn't. Would you like to try again?

Weak argument, poorly stated.

You simply want to have your bigotry sanctioned by law. Just admit it.

You do understand the definition of words you use? Do you understand that you attacking me for what you believe to be what I think is in fact bigotry? I didn't attack anyone, I said nothing bad about Muslims, I said nothing bad about gays. I expressed my opinion on the issue. And so what if I someone does think "gayness" is the not the as same as what you believe? What in this world makes you the arbiter of what is right and wrong? YOU can only decide for YOURSELF what YOU believe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back