Obama reportedly annoyed with Abbott

bianco

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
No Cookies | Herald Sun

Another theory is that the risk of disagreement and embarrassment over climate change could be a major factor. I wrote last week that there was concern about the potential for the climate change issue to cause difficulties for Abbott when he meets President Obama at the White House on Wednesday.

Obama has committed himself to strong new measures to counter global warming. He and the Australian PM, who once described climate change science as “crap”, have little common ground on the matter.

Now, more information has emerged. The Americans have let it be known that Obama is annoyed because Abbott refuses to allow climate change to be part of the G20 agenda. The PM has argued publicly that discussion of climate change would “clutter” an agenda that should concentrate on economic growth.

THE President, however, sees climate change as a massively important economic issue, one that is already imposing heavy costs on the US economy. He is expected to press this strongly when he and Abbott get down to brass tacks in the Oval Office.

#####

What happens to foreign leaders if Obama gets annoyed with them in the Oval Office?

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott should be playing this video and explaining "climate change/global warming" to US President Barack Obama when he meets with him on Wednesday.

The video...an interview with the Left/Far Left former Australian Labor Party "Copenhager" govt's Climate Commissioner clearly shows the the current hysteria over "climate change/global warming" is a giant croc.
Also that the 'carbon tax' imposed on Australian business [and therefore the People] is a total outrage.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hX9HXWzrI [/ame]
1000 years for carbon tax to work says Tim Flannery

Kudos to Abbot. He knows that the climate change agenda has zip to do with saving the planet but everything to do with lining government coffers and controlling every business and household.

Kudos to Abbot. He knows that the climate change agenda has zip to do with saving the planet but everything to do with lining government coffers and controlling every business and household.

Exactly. We were going to base it on Global Magic Underpants Elastic Stretch but Global Warming polled better. Gotta go with what the numbers say.

What happens to foreign leaders if Obama gets annoyed with them in the Oval Office?

With this president? Not much. I suppose he could use executive orders to put some trade pressure on a country or maybe pull out some aid package or something, but considering how laughable inept Obama is in the eyes of pretty much every world leader, there's no real power behind whatever veiled threats Obama makes towards anyone.

Tony Abbott only got power because the Australian Labor party ran out of people to run and lost all credibility through infighting and drama - to the point Tony Abbott was palatable. No one in Australia actually likes the guy, they voted for him simply because they were sick of Labor.

Last edited:
Obama reportedly annoyed with Abbott

What about Costello?

Costello was the Treasurer in the former John Howard [awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W Bush] conservative govt [Abbott was a Minister in that govt] voted out in 2007 when the People had a brainstorm and made a huge mistake.

So, Abbott and Costello were in the cabinet inner circle of the Howard govt...the finest govt Australia has ever had. ;)

John Howard seems to be Tony Abbott's mentor.

Bush awards his 'man of steel' John Howard the Medal of Freedom - World

Bush awards his 'man of steel' John Howard the Medal of Freedom

He never wavered in his support for liberty, and free institutions, and the rule of law as the true and hopeful alternatives to ideologies of violence and repression. That's why I called him a man of steel.

Man of steel ... George Bush gives John Howard his medal.
Photo: Reuters

Australia's "man of steel", former prime minister John Howard, has been honoured by US President George Bush for his role as a staunch ally in the fight against terrorism.

Receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom in the lavish East Room of the White House, where the famous portrait of the US first president George Washington hangs, Mr Howard looked chuffed as Mr Bush, a close friend, pinned the US's highest civilian award around his neck.

"In the character of John Winston Howard we see that fine Australian spirit of standing by your mates," Mr Bush said.

"Our two countries, though half a world apart, have long enjoyed an easy and natural fellowship.

Obama has committed himself to strong new measures to counter global warming.

Bahahaha! He did exactly what I said he would. Pass some poll driven fluff legislation with a due date years after he leaves office. Then he can say I did my part. Not just that. The poser set it for 2030. He'll likely be dead by then and won't have to comment at all.

Tony Abbott only got power because the Australian Labor party ran out of people to run and lost all credibility through infighting and drama - to the point Tony Abbott was palatable. No one in Australia actually likes the guy, they voted for him simply because they were sick of Labor.

Tony Abbott got power, elected by the People...because the Left/Far Left Labor govts of Rudd then Gillard .................................[she 'knifed' him in the back and became Prime Minister, then later on he 'knifed' her in the back and became PM again, then he was booted out at the 2013 election] ..........................were totally useless.

A whole lot of people like Tony Abbott and his conservative govt team.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Another theory is that the risk of disagreement and embarrassment over climate change could be a major factor. I wrote last week that there was concern about the potential for the climate change issue to cause difficulties for Abbott when he meets President Obama at the White House on Wednesday.

Obama has committed himself to strong new measures to counter global warming. He and the Australian PM, who once described climate change science as “crap”, have little common ground on the matter.

Now, more information has emerged. The Americans have let it be known that Obama is annoyed because Abbott refuses to allow climate change to be part of the G20 agenda. The PM has argued publicly that discussion of climate change would “clutter” an agenda that should concentrate on economic growth.

THE President, however, sees climate change as a massively important economic issue, one that is already imposing heavy costs on the US economy. He is expected to press this strongly when he and Abbott get down to brass tacks in the Oval Office.

#####

Hooray for the Australian Prime Minister for telling Obama to fuck off about "Climate Change". Why is it other countries have the cool leaders and we get a dipshit?

Exactly. We were going to base it on Global Magic Underpants Elastic Stretch but Global Warming polled better. Gotta go with what the numbers say.

Not much different between the two.

Hooray for the Australian Prime Minister for telling Obama to fuck off about "Climate Change". Why is it other countries have the cool leaders and we get a dipshit?

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott hasn't told President Obama anything yet, and would not be likely to.
He'd be more likely to try and convince Obama to concentrate on G20 ecomonics and leave climate change for another time.
Abbott is not a bully.
In Canada a today he took a swipe at Putin for being one. :)

Wouldn't surprise me if Obama convinces Abbott to include 'climate change/global warming' in the G20 agenda though...Washington is all powerful...and, Australia can't defend itself...goes around signing stoopid nuclear non-proliferation treaties instead of arming itself to the teeth with nukes and other weapons of mass destruction.
Iran is getting nukes, Australia should too.

Obama says that climate change is costing America big bucks...so that could be classed by Obama as needing to be in the talks on Wed and at the G20.

The climate is always changing...Australia was once joined to Antarctica.
My electric hot water system didn't cause it...but if it breaks down I'm not allowed to buy another new electric one, the 'climate change' brigade had them banned.
I have to install solar panels and have a solar hot water system...baaah, there won't be enough hot water in those little tanks.
Solar, or gas, or some heat pump water heater, said by radio callers to not be so good.
The climate change brigade should be paying for all the extra expense I'll have to go to...thousands of dollars [I don't have spare].

Not so much a major concession to allow Obama his wish...wouldn't hurt anything...the G20 meeting members could just have shorter luncheons to fit in 'climate change/global warming' economics.

Last edited:
Obama is seen by most of the American people as a cool leader ...they voted for him as their President, twice.
No leader is perfect.
Obama is well liked in Australia.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdqI14rBswE [/ame]
President Obama Speaks to the Australian Parliament 2011

He's laughable.

They just put together a study on "austerity" and how to achieve it.

Australians are like, fuck that shit. Tax the rich.

:D

Forum List

Back