What would you like to see in a National Healthcare Plan?

Personally, I would like

1. Drop Medicare eligibility to 55 with a small copay until you reach 65
2. Expand Medicaid eligibility for low wage workers
3. Offer a voluntary Public Option plan
4. Allow people to keep their Employers plan if they want
5. Allow international competition for Pharmaceuticals with strict quality standards
If there was a national health care plan the first thing employers would do is drop employee health insurance

Personally, I would like

5. Allow international competition for Pharmaceuticals with strict quality standards
If there was a national health care plan the first thing employers would do is drop employee health insurance

I don’t think employers want to be in the healthcare business, nor should they
It used to be inexpensive and a nice throw in for your workers. Now it cripples employers and enrages employees if they try to make cuts

The Government is best suited to fill the void.

I don't see want to see a national health care plan. Plus, such a thing is unconstitutional.
Where has it been declared unconstitutional?

Medicare has been around for over 50 years, haven’t seen it struck down

Medicare isn't the federal government nationalizing an entire industry. Nowhere in the Constitution is the federal government authorized to do such a thing.

I don't see want to see a national health care plan. Plus, such a thing is unconstitutional.

Medicare isn't the federal government nationalizing an entire industry. Nowhere in the Constitution is the federal government authorized to do such a thing.

Even Medicare does not nationalize healthcare
It provides a way to pay for it

Doctors, Pharmacies, Hospitals would still be independent

Even Medicare does not nationalize healthcare
It provides a way to pay for it

Doctors, Pharmacies, Hospitals would still be independent

Medicare For All and eliminating private health insurance, leaving people with zero choice, is a nationalization of the industry.

Personally, I would like

It used to be inexpensive and a nice throw in for your workers. Now it cripples employers and enrages employees if they try to make cuts

They aren't they pay for insurance as a benefit to keep good employees

Government fucks up everything it touches so no I don't want some government fat cat who passes laws to exempt himself from the shit he foists on all of us to decide what I can get for care

Personally, I would like

Government fucks up everything it touches so no I don't want some government fat cat who passes laws to exempt himself from the shit he foists on all of us to decide what I can get for care

What is your plan for insurance for the masses?

Personally, I would like

Let them get their own insurance

Allow health insurance companies to operate across state lines

Let people know the actual price of the care before they agree to it. As it is today market forces cannot be applied to medical care services.

Personally, I would like

Let people know the actual price of the care before they agree to it. As it is today market forces cannot be applied to medical care services.

Allowing insurance across state lines has not proven significant cost savings. States still set requirements for insurers. An insurer from out of state would still have to establish rates and negotiate with doctors, hospitals, pharmacies

I would like to see more open competition on rates. If I can fly to Arizona and get a hip replacement for half the price....I should be able to

Allowing insurance across state lines has not proven significant cost savings. States still set requirements for insurers. An insurer from out of state would still have to establish rates and negotiate with doctors, hospitals, pharmacies

I would like to see more open competition on rates. If I can fly to Arizona and get a hip replacement for half the price....I should be able to

It hasn't been done on a scale large enough to matter and the federal government has the power of the Commerce Clause to standardize insurance across state lines

Look at what it's done for auto insurance rates

Personally, I would like

Why would people spend $400k to become a doctor if they cannot get paid for it? You ll have a major shortage of doctors or they will only take employer plans, which pay more.

It hasn't been done on a scale large enough to matter and the federal government has the power of the Commerce Clause to standardize insurance across state lines

Aetna, Blue Cross, United Healthcare all operate across state lines
They have to accommodate each states rules and regulations

Aetna, Blue Cross, United Healthcare all operate across state lines
They have to accommodate each states rules and regulations

Like I said the fed has the power to do that the problem is that states make everyone conform to different standards

And they don't really operate across state lines as they must have a presence in each state.

The Blue Shield of WA is a different entity than the one in TX

Personally, I would like

Why would people spend $400k to become a doctor if they cannot get paid for it? You ll have a major shortage of doctors or they will only take employer plans, which pay more.
Who said they won’t be paid?

Personally, I would like

Right now they earn more from private pay than Medicare and Medicaid. So I say they won't get paid as much.

This thread sums up the problem in Congress. Not enough people want to compromise and find a solution. It’s too easy to just harangue against what won’t “work”. We have another example of a wedge issue used by both parties to denigrate one another.

Personally, I would like

Right now they earn more from private pay than Medicare and Medicaid. So I say they won't get paid as much.
The market will even out. It always does

Forum List

Back