What would you do?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
If your daughter said she wanted to become a cheerleader and instead of wanting a high paying job she says she wants to become an NFL cheerleader, ballerina, super model, or dancer instead? She also says she doesn't care about money or nice cars.

If your daughter said she wanted to become a cheerleader and instead of wanting a high paying job she says she wants to become an NFL cheerleader, ballerina, super model, or dancer instead? She also says she doesn't care about money or nice cars.

Try and dissuade her from any profession where her looks are all that matters and instead develop her intellect since she'll have that much longer than suitable looks. If she insists anyway she's free toc hoose her own path, not gonna shun or negatively treat her because of it but like to think my kids will grow up into people who listen to my counsel.

I'd tell her to become a stripper instead. You make more money, and all you have to do is maybe blow a few dudes in the back room ever once in awhile.

Encourage and support her decision/desire or at least don't stifle it. If that's her dream let her pursue it. Too many dreams are destroyed by pragmatic, well meaning family members.

I would help her by having her find a part-time job to support her dance lessons. She may only be imagining the glamor of her desired occupation and not the sacrifices made by those in the arts to pursue their dreams.

I'd wish her well and support her decision, and tell her she needs a backup plan.

Tell her to pursue her dreams but have a back up plan.
My son wanted to be an artist - then a writer (creative) - I told him, OK but he had to get a degree in something marketable. He has a high paying job now (better than mine) - and he stopped writing and drawing... if it was TRULY his passion, he would have made time for it....

Forum List

Back