What would 'Palestine' be like today if the Jews never came back?

et al,

Since we are dealing in fantasy, I'll put my two-cents in!
Most Respectfully,
R

Well Syria and Iraq were doing reasonably well until outsiders decided to stick their noses in. Whatever you think about Saddam Hussein, Iraq during his tenure was a modern forward looking secular state that gave women much more freedom than the current "democratic" version does. The society may not have been perfect by Western standards but it functioned and was stable. The same applies to Syria under Hafez and Bashir al-Assad. American Saudi, and to a lesser extent, European policies have created the mess in the area today, not the natives so I don't see your points as valid.

et al,

Since we are dealing in fantasy, I'll put my two-cents in!
Most Respectfully,
R

Well Syria and Iraq were doing reasonably well until outsiders decided to stick their noses in. Whatever you think about Saddam Hussein, Iraq during his tenure was a modern forward looking secular state that gave women much more freedom than the current "democratic" version does. The society may not have been perfect by Western standards but it functioned and was stable. The same applies to Syria under Hafez and Bashir al-Assad. American Saudi, and to a lesser extent, European policies have created the mess in the area today, not the natives so I don't see your points as valid.
You are SO funny.
You might be the next Robin Williams; if he was ignorant of history and current events.

... This was hardly a general Jewish "longing for return" as they could have done so any time they wanted to. The truth is, before the rise of Zionism in the Jewish community in Europe and elsewhere wasn't even remotely interested in Palestine or having a "national home" there.
And then arab settlers from the hood started dropping in in numbers dffensive to accepted standards of decency and modesty, of course.

Forum List

Back