What would it take?

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
I had an intersesting conversation today and I am wondering what everyone else thinks. At what point are you willing to set aside your religious beliefs? What situation could arise that you say I don't care about the consequences? for example:

One of your immediate family members is murdered, or abused in some way. You have access to firearms, along with access to the perpetrator. This seems to be the most common situation that people say I know what the bible says and Jesus taught but that guy killed my kid so all bets are off.

How many people are willing to accept their punishment from God for taking revenge?

I had an intersesting conversation today and I am wondering what everyone else thinks. At what point are you willing to set aside your religious beliefs? What situation could arise that you say I don't care about the consequences? for example:

One of your immediate family members is murdered, or abused in some way. You have access to firearms, along with access to the perpetrator. This seems to be the most common situation that people say I know what the bible says and Jesus taught but that guy killed my kid so all bets are off.

How many people are willing to accept their punishment from God for taking revenge?

I've been in that situation....nothing, and certainly not some worthless piece of shit, is worth losing your earthly freedom and/or eternal salvation IMO.

Considering my religious beliefs are based off of my personal experiences with God, the Lord would have to give me different experiences with him.

I guess my religious beliefs are not that strong, so I can't really answer the question. However, I have personal experience with people acting similar to your scenario. They either feel the pain caused by their transgression or attempt to justify it while still maintaining their beliefs. A person can use a verse from the bible to justify just about any act.

Last edited:
We are all sinners and we sin every day. Is one sin greater than another? As long as we are mortal and live in these bodies we cannot walk the straight line and not sin, not even the Pope is immune from sinful thoughts. So the answer is we all do it every day.

Remember a stray thought is a sin in itself and does not have to be acted on to be a sin.

My conscience can allow for a fairly elastic definition of "self defense." Revenge killing? Pass.

Society makes murder out to be the evilest of sins. I would think GOD or whoever anyone believes in would say any sin is no greater than the next.

I would kill a man before I would commit some of the other sins that are what some call "the ten commandments". We kill everyday. We send young kids to kill for us everyday.

Last edited:

I've spent close to three years in prison for doing just that. Although I was stopped before I actually killed the MF'er. And I didn't need nor use a firearm.

Forum List

Back