What Would Change Your Mind/Views/Ideology??

So what is keeping Trump from passing whatever he wants if Republicans control all 3 branches? Regarding DACA for example
The Senate kills most bills. 51 to 49 and there are rules...........

Not so easy...........and unlike the left.........who walk lock step together usually..........the GOP has fights on issues where we disagree.......Not so much on the other side.

So what is keeping Trump from passing whatever he wants if Republicans control all 3 branches? Regarding DACA for example

Not so easy...........and unlike the left.........who walk lock step together usually..........the GOP has fights on issues where we disagree.......Not so much on the other side.

Ok gotcha, understood. Is it always been like that regarding the GOP or is it recently?

Ok gotcha, understood. Is it always been like that regarding the GOP or is it recently?
Always

Show me where the other side gets something right...

What does that have to do with my general question? I have to talk about what the left's do well? I don't care what they do well or not. It was a question regarding all parties. Don't get too defensive. I'm not attacking your party.

What does that have to do with my general question? I have to talk about what the left's do well? I don't care what they do well or not. It was a question regarding all parties. Don't get too defensive. I'm not attacking your party.

I don't have a party, I vote republican to keep democrats out of office....

Your new here................We are always clubbing each over issues here...........Get's ugly.........

Hope you had your shots.

I don't have a party, I vote republican to keep democrats out of office....

So you have a dislike for Democrats? So that's why you originally posted about what do lefts do correctly? Is it difficult to be so biased and attack? I'll reiterate. So I have to talk about what the left's do well?

Your new here................We are always clubbing each over issues here...........Get's ugly.........

Hope you had your shots.
Its unfortunate thats how it is. Alot of anger on all sides.

Hope you had your shots.
Its unfortunate thats how it is. Alot of anger on all sides.
There was a time that we could talk somewhat..........but it has become vicious..........Completely divided...........and it has escalated..........

With them calling you every name in the book every single day..............there is no negotiating with them.

On issues like immigration they have made it clear they want open borders...........many have admitted it now and those always saying they don't are usually lying. They can't be trusted.

Correct. The Democratic Party is an open-borders movement that puts the interests of foreigners about the interests of average Americans. And those that say otherwise are either lying or are completely deluded.

On issues like immigration they have made it clear they want open borders...........many have admitted it now and those always saying they don't are usually lying. They can't be trusted.

Correct. The Democratic Party is an open-borders movement that puts the interests of foreigners about the interests of average Americans. And those that say otherwise are either lying or are completely deluded.

I can't speak on if they're lying or deluded but I do agree with taking care of our own first. With that said, I'm a second generation italian American who's family came through Ellis island so where I am against "Bad People" or whatever you want to call them, coming across borders, I do think we should speed up the LEGAL process of becoming a citizen. Just my 2 cents. And I think "THE WALL" is kind of a joke. That'll never happen. On a side note, why don't we fix the issues we have here at home. I.E. Chicago for example.

The other side is a my way or the highway type of group. Leftist.........They don't budge and hardly ever negotiate............

If they were willing to negotiate to get a law passed that both could stomach without throwing our guts out in the process then deals could be made that wouldn't give everyone what they wanted but a compromise that would give points to both sides.

On issues like immigration they have made it clear they want open borders...........many have admitted it now and those always saying they don't are usually lying.

They can't be trusted.

So playing devils advocate, do you think any Republicans refuse to budge? It can't JUST BE leftist can it?
On securing the wall and border first ............I will not budge on that..........no deal will be made on it without that first.

Are their some .........my way or the highway.......yes........compromise is how it is supposed to work........but controlling our borders and OBEYING and ENFORCING the laws of the Republic are first.

We can't hand them their Dreamers on a silver platter without serious concessions...........Not gonna happen.
Don't misunderstand my not wanting a 1000 mile long 30 foot wall. I am ALL IN on securing the border for sure. I just believe the money would be much more effectively spent on increasing border agents, ICE, drones and inspectors and giving them all the equipment they need to be successful. We let truckloads of illegals pass through the border because the XRAY machines that would easily detect them are often broken. That is just one example, there are many.

The other side is a my way or the highway type of group. Leftist.........They don't budge and hardly ever negotiate............

If they were willing to negotiate to get a law passed that both could stomach without throwing our guts out in the process then deals could be made that wouldn't give everyone what they wanted but a compromise that would give points to both sides.

On issues like immigration they have made it clear they want open borders...........many have admitted it now and those always saying they don't are usually lying.

They can't be trusted.

So playing devils advocate, do you think any Republicans refuse to budge? It can't JUST BE leftist can it?
On securing the wall and border first ............I will not budge on that..........no deal will be made on it without that first.

Are their some .........my way or the highway.......yes........compromise is how it is supposed to work........but controlling our borders and OBEYING and ENFORCING the laws of the Republic are first.

We can't hand them their Dreamers on a silver platter without serious concessions...........Not gonna happen.
Don't misunderstand my not wanting a 1000 mile long 30 foot wall. I am ALL IN on securing the border for sure. I just believe the money would be much more effectively spent on increasing border agents, ICE, drones and inspectors and giving them all the equipment they need to be successful. We let truckloads of illegals pass through the border because the XRAY machines that would easily detect them are often broken. That is just one example, there are many.

I'm all for our men and women on the front lines having everything they need to do there job. Unfortunately it's sad they are so limited.

I can't speak on if they're lying or deluded but I do agree with taking care of our own first. With that said, I'm a second generation italian American who's family came through Ellis island so where I am against "Bad People" or whatever you want to call them, coming across borders, I do think we should speed up the LEGAL process of becoming a citizen. Just my 2 cents. And I think "THE WALL" is kind of a joke. That'll never happen. On a side note, why don't we fix the issues we have here at home. I.E. Chicago for example.

The left likes to accuse the right of being anti-immigration. While there are probably some on the right who oppose ALL immigration, I believe the majority of the right supports LEGAL immigration. Speaking for myself, we NEED immigrants. However, we need to base our immigration policy on what's best for the average citizen, NOT the average immigrant. THAT is what differs the right from the left, who support unlimited immigration regardless of its effects upon average Americans.

The left likes to accuse the right of being anti-immigration. While there are probably some on the right who oppose ALL immigration, I believe the majority of the right supports LEGAL immigration. Speaking for myself, we NEED immigrants. However, we need to base our immigration policy on what's best for the average citizen, NOT the average immigrant. THAT is what differs the right from the left, who support unlimited immigration regardless of its effects upon average Americans.

Completely fucking agree!!! I almost always feel like the middle ground is usually the best answer. Not "Let everyone through, or let nobody in"

So this is the question I am answering from your OP:

If you voted for Trump, what would make you question or oppose some of the things he does?

Just like every President I have ever voted for there are always decisions, actions, statements that I question. In Donald Trump's case I have never agreed with a 30 foot wall a thousand miles long. I have lived relatively close to the Mexican border for over 3 decades and based on everything I have heard and seen a massive wall would not be a good use of tax revenue. Beyond that, I could do without Trump's tendency to hit back at every attack. But I also recognize that it is in his DNA to hit back being a New Yorker. That is who he is and he is not pretending, so I accept it.
On tariffs and trade I would like to see very specific, limited goals for China, Mexico and EU and have the changes be phased in over a period of years. I view tariffs as an entitlement that other countries have become dependent upon, so if you go for too much too soon you risk full retaliation.

Thanks for replying. Makes complete sense. I get that. So from what I'm understanding, it's not "everything trump does, says is perfect, but it's some bad,good"
Yes I fully expected him to not be perfect. He has no political experience which made him all the more appealing to me. That is why he terrifies both established GOP and DEM leaders. They are afraid of anyone they cannot control.

So this is the question I am answering from your OP:

If you voted for Trump, what would make you question or oppose some of the things he does?

Yeah. It's thread after thread of leftists trying desperately to get us to see things their way, that we're wrong and they're right, that they've won even though they lose, lose, lose.

It's kind of tedious, this neverending effort to change us. How about you change you? That would work better and yield a more prosperous, sensible country.

They can't be trusted.

No misunderstanding.......manpower is high on my list. No wall without manpower will work.

In the vast expanses ...........it's really useless..........but when cities are side by side at the border........it is needed.

I voted for neither candidate and am sick of both parties.

The left abandoned actual liberalism long ago and now just panders to identity politics. The right abandoned small business long ago and just panders to the almighty dollar.

Neither represent me.

Forum List

Back