What will we be "mandated" to buy next?

So it was a tax after all. Well, we were lied to and deceived once again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-ofjXrXio]George and Obama debate health care taxes - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Nothing- it's 2014, or pay 1% of your income.. Do you have insurance now? NO CHANGE>

what if you dont have an income Frankie?....will you pay the guys way and give 2% of yours?

You get Medicaid for free....up to 133% of poverty line, $15k for individuals, 29k for family of 4- then subsidies to make insurance affordable up to $88k for family of four. I don't believe dupes have any idea what a good deal this is--just ridiculous talking points and hater insults...

Last edited:
Any thoughts on that?

Since the Fed can now force us to buy hc ins, there's no end of things that can be mandated, for our own good.

I'm thinking life ins. Those evul grave diggers demand thousands of dollars just to dig a hole and put your loved one in it.

Forcing everone to get it, and giving it free to the poor will lower the cost of premiums and make certain no one ever has to pony up for any of the costs of dying.

plus all those evul life insurance companies = about $14 trillion dollar industry, so we should put more government regs on them.

This is a sad sad day for freedom.

you know... it strikes me that if the mandate were that you buy a gun, you wouldn't be complaining.

just saying.

now THAT'S sad...
You would be wrong.

And you who support Obama's mandate would shit your pants if the government said you had to buy a weapon.

you know... it strikes me that if the mandate were that you buy a gun, you wouldn't be complaining.

just saying.

now THAT'S sad...

How fucking dare you imply that I would be ok that anyone be forced to buy anything.

apologies if i'm wrong.

i know that's the case for a lot of people on your side of the aisle.
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

-- Ronald Reagan

Anyone who takes the Constitution seriously disagrees with the government forcing the purchase of a good or service.

not true. the commerce clause is not in play.

you need new talking points and/or a refund for what passes for your education

:eek:

1) So we are not going to be forced to buy ins?

did I miss that part? or are we just going to be taxed for not having ins?

2) it's the fucking same thing. Using semantics and calling something a tax is just a lie.

stuck on stupid? reading and comprehension not your strong suit?

1) "there's no end of things that can be mandated, for our own good."

2) A tax is something the IRS is involved in.

sorry, but you truly are in need of an education

:cool:
Yeah. Who collects the punitive fee? Hint: It ain't the Department of Agriculture.

Any thoughts on that?

Since the Fed can now force us to buy hc ins, there's no end of things that can be mandated, for our own good.

I'm thinking life ins. Those evul grave diggers demand thousands of dollars just to dig a hole and put your loved one in it.

Forcing everone to get it, and giving it free to the poor will lower the cost of premiums and make certain no one ever has to pony up for any of the costs of dying.

plus all those evul life insurance companies = about $14 trillion dollar industry, so we should put more government regs on them.

This is a sad sad day for freedom.

One isn’t ‘mandated’ to buy anything now.

The real question is: are conservatives being willfully ignorance as the to the facts of the ACA or are they continuing to repeat lies for partisan reasons.

Right. You can choose to not buy health insurance...and the IRS just randomly and coincidentally makes you send them money.

No.. it's not the same thing.

Yes it is.

Originally: if you don't purchase health insurance you will be fined (penalty).

After today's ruling: if you don't purchase health insurance you will be taxed.

What's different?

Being FORCED to buy insurance and paying a tax if you don't are not the same. No one is holding a gun to your head.

And of all the things to protest paying for... there are a lot more protest-worthy things, things we can blame Obama for as well.
Refuse to pay your tax and what happens? Agents will come to your house, put a gun to your head and take you off to jail. Right or wrong?
You are being forced to buy a product which if you do not buy, or pay a tax not charged equally to everyone, you will pay with your liberty.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yes it is.

Originally: if you don't purchase health insurance you will be fined (penalty).

After today's ruling: if you don't purchase health insurance you will be taxed.

What's different?

Being FORCED to buy insurance and paying a tax if you don't are not the same. No one is holding a gun to your head.

And of all the things to protest paying for... there are a lot more protest-worthy things, things we can blame Obama for as well.
Refuse to pay your tax and what happens? Agents will come to your house, put a gun to your head and take you off to jail. Right or wrong?
You are being forced to buy a product which if you do not buy, or pay a tax not charged equally to everyone, you will pay with your liberty.

Indeed...sound familiar to another form of facism called Islam?

Don't want to be a member and submit? No problem...Just pay the TAX...

What will we be "mandated" to buy next?
We are "mandated" to pay taxes. What do our taxes buy us?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt once remarked that “Taxes, after all, are dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society.” And Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. expressed a similar sentiment when he said that “I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilization."

Government is Good - Taxes are Good

1040-receipt.png

What our taxes pay for | The Christian Century

Nothing- it's 2014, or pay 1% of your income.. Do you have insurance now? NO CHANGE>

what if you dont have an income Frankie?....will you pay the guys way and give 2% of yours?

You get Medicaid for free....up to 133% of poverty line, $15k for individuals, 29k for family of 4- then subsidies to make insurance affordable up to $88k for family of four. I don't believe dupes have any idea what a good deal this is--just ridiculous talking points and hater insults...

Frankie i deliver mail to a guy who is 33 and unemployed and no Ins and he wants it.....has a few health issues.....he cant get Medicaid,out here its called Medical..he said he dont qualify...what is a guy like this going to do?.....

Forum List

Back