What will those who support Romney do when he loses to Obama?

What will you do? select all that apply

• Total voters
They will blame the liberal media for picking Romney for them and then tearing him down, of course.

So you're basically admitting that you ARE doing something sleazy with the whole "fire people" charge...but you think that's OK because some other sleazy people did it before? Sorry, Joe but that doesn't put you in good company. Sleazy is sleazy.

Sorry, guess I have a different definition of sleazy. Sleazy is firing a bunch of guys to create the illusion of profitability, taking out a bunch of debt, firing some more people. and then leaving shareholders with worthless paper. Pretty much describes what "I likes to fire people" did at AmPad.

Taking a statement out of context before you remind people that's the kind of stuff he did. Not so much. Of course, Romney has said so many of these kinds of things, it's a buffet table of quotes to make him look like an out of touch rich guy.

We didn't have eight years of growth because Clinton raised taxes. That's just nonsense. We had eight years of growth because of the Dot Com Boom. Now if you've got a "boom" we can use to duplicate what happened in the 90's then I'm all for raising taxes but if you think that raising them in a weak economy is going to somehow magically produce growth then I find you to be rather naive. Let's get the economy going again and THEN we can raise taxes.

Raising taxes would be the worst choice- except for all the others. Cutting spending will destroy jobs. Borrowing more money increases our liabilities (You usually end up paying back more than you borrowed.) It should also be pointed out that Clinton raised taxes before the boom, when the economy was still in weak shape.

Between you and me...I could care less what Romney paid. We need someone who's intelligent enough to fix the mess we're in. If YOUR nominee isn't smart enough to take advantage of the joke of a tax code we have then why would they be smart enough to fix the country? I'm sorry but Barack Obama is clueless when it comes to the economy or how to fix it. So I should vote for him because he paid more in taxes? Call me crazy but that's idiotic.

First, I don't buy this notion that romney is some kind of financial genius. 22% of the companies he invested in went bankrupt. Secondly, I don't consider scamming the tax code to be a source of morality or decency. Romney is a guy who was born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

Your characterization of how a venture capitalist works, Joe is either woefully misguided or deliberately slanted. Bain Capital helped took over troubled companies and tried to make them profitable. To have a 78% success rate in something like that is rather remarkable yet you choose to concentrate on the 22% that weren't successful...which is typical to your whole approach to Romney. I have no idea what your problem is with the guy but it's obviously not a rational thought process at this point.

If you don't see the difference between 'being able to' and what you claim he said then so be it. You have chosen to remain a liar, and an idiot. That's fine - I'm a supporter of personal choice... and you have made yours.

Lying idiot.

Okay, let's play the little game here...

"I like to be able to murder people"

"I like to be able to rape people".

"I like to be able to rob people"

"I like to be able to fire people".

Which one of those statements isn't damned scary? None of them.

Sorry, Romney just told the world who he is...

You're laughable at this point...

All Romney said was that he likes being able to fire people that don't perform the way they promised they would. He was talking about insurance companies when he said it. But you've repeatedly chosen to take that comment out of context to make it sound more ominous than it ever was. It's a sleazy tactic and you should stop.

Your characterization of how a venture capitalist works, Joe is either woefully misguided or deliberately slanted. Bain Capital helped took over troubled companies and tried to make them profitable. To have a 78% success rate in something like that is rather remarkable yet you choose to concentrate on the 22% that weren't successful...which is typical to your whole approach to Romney. I have no idea what your problem is with the guy but it's obviously not a rational thought process at this point.

You know what, I drive by great examples of "venture capitalism" every day when I pass strip malls with empty shops because they don't have customers to buy anything. The "Greed is Good" thinking has wrecked our economy.

And Romney was one of the chief architects.

He's really kind of a scumbag, who says shit like "I like to fire people".

You're laughable at this point...

All Romney said was that he likes being able to fire people that don't perform the way they promised they would. He was talking about insurance companies when he said it. But you've repeatedly chosen to take that comment out of context to make it sound more ominous than it ever was. It's a sleazy tactic and you should stop.

Nope. Gonna repeat it every day until Obama beats him. Might even put it in my tag line.

It's a line that sounds horrible. It's George Allen saying "Macaca". YOu can try to stick it into a less horrible box and call it "Context", but given the fact he's fired thousands of people to make himself richer, it's like Michael Jackson saying, "I like to be able to play with little boys".

Wouldn't matter if the context was T-ball, given his history.

Midterms don't count. And frankly, I wouldn't be that impressed, Democrats still won the governorships of the largest states and retained the Senate.

But if you want to go there, think about what happened in 2010. The animus there was the TEA Party and the anger that all these bailouts and sweetheart deals went to Wall Street. And not surprisingly, the GOP establishment has been trying to crush the Tea Party with every ounce of it's strength.

So basically, the GOP got it for one cycle, but now they are going back to the same old playbook.

what a dummy..................

Dems got their clocks cleaned in the governor races in 2010.............

In fact, through redistricting, the HOUSE will remain GOP for the rest of the decade.:rock::rock::funnyface:

Probably not. Here in IL, we are going to rid ourselves of several Republican congressman thanks to redistricting. Joe Walsh is going down, absolutely. Probably a couple others. In Texas, the courts have ruled they have to create three hispanic districts.

Only takes 25 seats to retake the House, and the GOP establishment is already running challengers to the TEA Partiers.

Dems won IL, NY, and CA. The big states.

I'm 'squealing' because you are lying about what he said. If the meaning was the same, I might cut you some slack on it. But "I like BEING ABLE to fire people" is not the same as "I like to fire people".

I can understand why you are lying - because you have an irrational fear of Romney. I dislike the lies that you spout thinking no one will notice. Smart people notice. To constantly repeat your lie makes you look ridiculous. Not that I care that you make yourself look ridiculous but you are a liar.

There is no difference between the two statements as far as I am concerned.

I don't know anyone who likes to fire people, unless they are some kind of sick fuck who enjoys the misery of others. I've had to fire people. Never found it an enjoyable thing. I've actually found firing people being worse than being fired myself.

To hear someone say he "likes to be able to fire people" kind of shows a sadistic streak. A lack of sensitivity.

Now, he could have said, "I like to have the ability to change providers if they aren't providing good service", he wouldn't have an issue.

But saying "I like to be able to fire people" shows a meanness of spirit.

Which is everything I've come to expect- from Mormons.

Why don't you look up the complete statement he said yourself instead of believing what you hear?? God your stupid!

"I want individuals to have their own insurance," he said. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. . . You know, if someone doesn't give me a good service that I need, I want to say I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."
The real problem with Romney

Stop lying!

I'm 'squealing' because you are lying about what he said. If the meaning was the same, I might cut you some slack on it. But "I like BEING ABLE to fire people" is not the same as "I like to fire people".

I can understand why you are lying - because you have an irrational fear of Romney. I dislike the lies that you spout thinking no one will notice. Smart people notice. To constantly repeat your lie makes you look ridiculous. Not that I care that you make yourself look ridiculous but you are a liar.

There is no difference between the two statements as far as I am concerned.

I don't know anyone who likes to fire people, unless they are some kind of sick fuck who enjoys the misery of others. I've had to fire people. Never found it an enjoyable thing. I've actually found firing people being worse than being fired myself.

To hear someone say he "likes to be able to fire people" kind of shows a sadistic streak. A lack of sensitivity.

Now, he could have said, "I like to have the ability to change providers if they aren't providing good service", he wouldn't have an issue.

But saying "I like to be able to fire people" shows a meanness of spirit.

Which is everything I've come to expect- from Mormons.

Why don't you look up the complete statement he said yourself instead of believing what you hear?? God your stupid!

"I want individuals to have their own insurance," he said. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. . . You know, if someone doesn't give me a good service that I need, I want to say I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."

Stop lying!

I agree.

Mormons are not supposed to lie.

It's likely they'll take comfort in controlling the house and senate and begin the movement to impeach over "Fast and Furious."

For the record, I see the likely 2012 outcome to be a very lonely Obama victory. I fully expect a GOP house and senate.

Stop lying!

I have looked at the "whole context". Which doesn't excuse it. It's also a little silly.

The insurance company has no incentive to keep you healthy, really. They have an incentive to only insure healthy people. This notion that we should all be able to get individual policies is absurd. The chronically ill would never be able to get insurance. Employer group plans work because at any given time, you only have one or two people on it who really use it, and even then, there is an incentive to only hire the young and healthy.

Thus the problem. This is a guy who has never had to wait in line for something, has never not had people at his beck and call ready to jump at his command. He's just clueless to what the rest of us have to go through. He probably can bully his insurance company the way he bullies his employees. The rest of us don't really have that option, do we?

We get sick, our insurance companies would look for an excuse to drop us.

You know what, I drive by great examples of "venture capitalism" every day when I pass strip malls with empty shops because they don't have customers to buy anything. The "Greed is Good" thinking has wrecked our economy.

Mitt Romney is to blame for empty strip malls? Where do you come up with this drivel? Seriously...you get more and more idiotic with your Romney rants with each passing day. Strip malls have empty shops because the economy has been in the tank for four years now and hundreds of thousands of small businesses have gone belly up. How is that Mitt Romney's fault?

Greed hasn't wrecked our economy...stupidity accomplished that. Making hundreds of thousands of subprime loans that NEVER would have been considered forty years ago is what brought this house of cards down around our necks. That was government interfering in the private sector "for the public good" and mandating that banks had to make loans to unqualified applicants that set this whole debacle in motion. It was the derivitives market filled with all of those bad mortgage loans that crushed our economy. Take those bad loans out of the equation and it would have been a normal recession and easy to recover from. Instead it's four years later and we STILL have a housing market that's floundering.

Stop lying!

I have looked at the "whole context". Which doesn't excuse it. It's also a little silly.

The insurance company has no incentive to keep you healthy, really. They have an incentive to only insure healthy people. This notion that we should all be able to get individual policies is absurd. The chronically ill would never be able to get insurance. Employer group plans work because at any given time, you only have one or two people on it who really use it, and even then, there is an incentive to only hire the young and healthy.

Thus the problem. This is a guy who has never had to wait in line for something, has never not had people at his beck and call ready to jump at his command. He's just clueless to what the rest of us have to go through. He probably can bully his insurance company the way he bullies his employees. The rest of us don't really have that option, do we?

We get sick, our insurance companies would look for an excuse to drop us.

Are you purposely dense when it comes to this subject? What Romney was pointing out was that if you had government controlled health care insurance and you weren't happy with the service you were receiving then you're pretty much shit out of luck...whereas if you had private health care and were unhappy you could "fire" your insurance company and give your money to someone else who better served you. That isn't an option that only "rich" people have. It's the option that all consumers have in a free market economy. Duh?

True, his meaning isn't as ghastly as the quote sounds out of context, but his language is revealing.

I know he was talking about insurance companies, but here in the 99 percent, we don’t “fire” insurance companies, or usually doctors and certain other service professionals. We change them. It was a word choice that really did reveal a world view.

Mitt has a tin ear when it comes to not sounding like a rich, pampered asshole.

This is a serious question to all who support this traitor Romney, for who I find no reason to vote any more then for Obama

My question is what will America do when Romney beats Obama and it just so happens to turn out he's not that much different then Obama...

...just like we keep trying to tell the people.

They'll crawl back to their status quo living conditions and then complain about how bad things are and start chanting slogans promising "hope", "change", and "freedom" for America once again in 2016.

SAME OL' CRAP. New year.

True, his meaning isn't as ghastly as the quote sounds out of context, but his language is revealing.

I know he was talking about insurance companies, but here in the 99 percent, we don’t “fire” insurance companies, or usually doctors and certain other service professionals. We change them. It was a word choice that really did reveal a world view.

Mitt has a tin ear when it comes to not sounding like a rich, pampered asshole.

With all due respect, Greenie? If the best you've got is that silly shit...it's a rather pathetic critique of Romney. If you knew anything about the guy he's a far cry from a rich pampered asshole. Despite being born into money he's worked hard his entire life. There are guys out there that were given things...Mitt Romney however is not one of those guys.

If the best you've got is that silly shit...it's a rather pathetic critique of Romney.

And yet it appears to have some legs.

candidatecaresabout.png

Mitt Romney is to blame for empty strip malls? Where do you come up with this drivel? Seriously...you get more and more idiotic with your Romney rants with each passing day. Strip malls have empty shops because the economy has been in the tank for four years now and hundreds of thousands of small businesses have gone belly up. How is that Mitt Romney's fault?

Greed hasn't wrecked our economy...stupidity accomplished that. Making hundreds of thousands of subprime loans that NEVER would have been considered forty years ago is what brought this house of cards down around our necks. That was government interfering in the private sector "for the public good" and mandating that banks had to make loans to unqualified applicants that set this whole debacle in motion. It was the derivitives market filled with all of those bad mortgage loans that crushed our economy. Take those bad loans out of the equation and it would have been a normal recession and easy to recover from. Instead it's four years later and we STILL have a housing market that's floundering.

Okay, Corky, I'm going to explain this to you very simply.

Bloodsucking Vulture Capitalists make shitloads of money by DOWNSIZING Americans.

Americans Have less money to spend.

Small Businessmen have less customers.

Small businessmen go out of business.

Yes, the government's actions in teh Housing collapse WAS a part of the problem, and the Vulture Capitalists were knee deep in that shit, too. And they were the ones who insisted on getting bailouts.

Forum List

Back