What will Obama talk about for 30 minutes?

You know, I thought it was interesting when Obama bought the air time, but now I feel like the timing is too close. We're all pretty sick of the campaigns and want it to be over, no? I agree with paperboy, it *is* a little weird, and I hope that Obama doesn't just sit and give his same old stuff again.

i think treating the american public to 30 minutes of best moments in NFL history or something like this would be nice, though.

good move.

Yea, don't watch to figure out why this guy is going to be a great leader.

This will be one of the highest rated things ever. Even you will watch.

You probably didn't like Clinton either. Its all about prosperity my brotha. Stop fighting the left on live and let live. Who cares if gays get married or your neighbor aborts. I just want to be able to retire with some god damn money/dignity. I'm probably never going to be rich. My plan was to save to retire. How many yrs for my stocks to recover? Add inflation. Iraq spending has a lot to do with that, and knowing the gop lied us in and defended bleeding the treasury $10k a month for 6 yrs?

Obama must be the next president. He will be the next prez.

And John McLiar would say:

I only grew up with privilege and then divorced my first wife to marry a millionairess who I now treat like dirt. I have 9 or more homes and a bunch of cars.

I feel your hurt in this tuff economy.:ahole-1:

If you hadn't read the papers or watched any news on TV for the past 3 months, would you say you were "hurting"?

Personally, I wouldn't. I don't believe the majority of people would either. Yes there are some who have lost a job but that is true of any particular period.

My wife and I made a trip to Barnes and Noble the other night (Friday) to grab a few books. While we were out at the local sprawl mall (you can't call it a strip mall) we thought we'd grab some dinner and a couple cocktails. Well TGI Fridays was packed not a seat at the bar and a 45 minute wait for a table. Uno's was no different with the waiting crowd spilling out of the door. On the way home, we stopped at a 99's and again left because it was too crowded to even get a seat at the bar.

We decided to pick up a six pack and get some thai take out (BTW the Thai place was packed too) and eat at home by the fire.

All these people were not out drinking ice water and sharing a house salad. I estimate the average tab was over 50 bucks a couple.

I took time to think and I realized that if the pols and the media weren't constantly bombarding me with how bad things are, I wouldn't see it in my daily life. Would you?

Just a few of the things he won't be talking about ...

Criminal Justice ... and why the US has become the greatest prison nation in human history .. the corporations and businesses that profit from prison labor at the expense of US worklers ... or what it costs US taxpayers to be the greatest prison nation in human history.

Pipelines .. even though they are a central focus of US foreign policy, Obama isn't going to talk about them because the people who make his mouth move don't want him to talk about pipelines .. or the truth that US policy in Afghanistan and Pakistan is about protecting pipelines, not chasing ghosts/terrorists .. or that the coming greater conflict in Georgia is about pipelines

Wall Street and the influence of money in American politics .. he may do the usual song and dance about how he doesn't take money from lobbyists, but that's a canard because nobody can take money from lobbyists, it's illegal .. but they can, and so does he, take money from anyone through channels .. and he has gotten more money from Wall Street through those channels than anyone. I doubt you'll be hearing much about campaign finance reform.

In fact, Obama has gotten so much money he has it to burn .. doing 30 minutes of rehashing stuff that's been covered over and over again.

Israel .. sure, you may get the usual, "we need to form better relationships with ther rest of the world" politicalspeak, but the rest of the world is not in line with our policy with Israel or the middle east. The rest of the world believes Israel is dangerous and the source of tension in the middle east. Obama, like every other US president, with the exception of Carter, ain't looking for balance in the middle east.

The Patriot Act and other intrusions on American freedom .. it appears the messiah has reconsidered how much actual freedom Americans need and is on course to follow the Bush Administration on the Patriot Act and illegal wire-tapping of US citizens.

ANYTHING that could be remotely considered a black issue .. else somebody might catch on that he's black.

Not sure what he will be talking about .. but I'm pretty sure none of the above will be on the menu.

Just a few of the things he won't be talking about ...

Criminal Justice ... and why the US has become the greatest prison nation in human history .. the corporations and businesses that profit from prison labor at the expense of US worklers ... or what it costs US taxpayers to be the greatest prison nation in human history.

Pipelines .. even though they are a central focus of US foreign policy, Obama isn't going to talk about them because the people who make his mouth move don't want him to talk about pipelines .. or the truth that US policy in Afghanistan and Pakistan is about protecting pipelines, not chasing ghosts/terrorists .. or that the coming greater conflict in Georgia is about pipelines

Wall Street and the influence of money in American politics .. he may do the usual song and dance about how he doesn't take money from lobbyists, but that's a canard because nobody can take money from lobbyists, it's illegal .. but they can, and so does he, take money from anyone through channels .. and he has gotten more money from Wall Street through those channels than anyone. I doubt you'll be hearing much about campaign finance reform.

In fact, Obama has gotten so much money he has it to burn .. doing 30 minutes of rehashing stuff that's been covered over and over again.

Israel .. sure, you may get the usual, "we need to form better relationships with ther rest of the world" politicalspeak, but the rest of the world is not in line with our policy with Israel or the middle east. The rest of the world believes Israel is dangerous and the source of tension in the middle east. Obama, like every other US president, with the exception of Carter, ain't looking for balance in the middle east.

The Patriot Act and other intrusions on American freedom .. it appears the messiah has reconsidered how much actual freedom Americans need and is on course to follow the Bush Administration on the Patriot Act and illegal wire-tapping of US citizens.

ANYTHING that could be remotely considered a black issue .. else somebody might catch on that he's black.

Not sure what he will be talking about .. but I'm pretty sure none of the above will be on the menu.

You poor bastard, BAC.

You're even more cynical than I am.

No America will not be rethinking the prisoner slave system. It;s way too profitable for some induistries to have a $.35 an hour workforce. And the more stoners they put in prison, the better educated that workforce will be, too.

Pipelines? We don't know nothing about piplelines and oil. Tell us about how much they hate us for our freedoms. Slaves like us love to hear how free we are.

Wall Street? Wall street doesn't have any influence on our Pols, do they? After all, all our pols put their stocks into blind trusts so it must ALL be on the up and up.

Israel? That's a third rail that no insider pol in America is going to step on.

Patriot Act? If Obama were REALLY SMART he'd call for that laws repeal.
After all, most of the truly toxic elements of it were already laws in place thanks to the war on drugs and organized crime. We SO LONG AGO lost any expectations for privacy that this rearragment of which federal police force controls what is essantially meaningless. I keep telling my lefties chums this, but they never really seem to get it.

Race issues? I thought we'd fixed all the problem of racism when Willy Mays started playing in the major leagues.

You poor bastard, BAC.

No America will not be rethinking the prisoner slave system. It;s way too profitable for some induistries to have a $.35 an hour workforce. And the more stoners they put in prison, the better educated that workforce will be, too.

Pipelines? We don't know nothing about piplelines and oil. Tell us about how much they hate us for our freedoms. Slaves like us love to hear how free we are.

Wall Street? Wall street doesn't have any influence on our Pols, do they? After all, all our pols put their stocks into blind trusts so it must ALL be on the up and up.

After all, most of the truly toxic elements of it were already laws in place thanks to the war on drugs and organized crime. We SO LONG AGO lost any expectations for privacy that this rearragment of which federal police force controls what is essantially meaningless. I keep telling my lefties chums this, but they never really seem to get it.

Race issues? I thought we'd fixed all the problem of racism when Willy Mays started playing in the major leagues.

:lol:

OK .. thank you my friend .. I feel better now.

30 minutes of playing to the emotions of America. Grab a tissue. It might be as good as hearing him ramble on and on about the last time he cried.:eusa_hand:

You poor bastard, BAC.

We have a prohibition prison system.

The bogus war on drugs and the ridiculous sentencing for non-violent drug offenses are what keeps our prisons full to bursting. Not to mention said "war" costs us billions

We have a prohibition prison system.

The bogus war on drugs and the ridiculous sentencing for non-violent drug offenses are what keeps our prisons full to bursting. Not to mention said "war" costs us billions

Cutting a bunch of prisoners loose in a recession outta be interesting.

Honestly, I already know everything he's spoken about and what his issues are. I watched the debates, I watched both conventions... I think most Americans are informed.

My god, please tell me the debates and the conventions aren't the only sources of your information.

Cutting a bunch of prisoners loose in a recession outta be interesting.

He's talking about non-violent drug offenders though. How would cutting them loose cause problems? There's tens of millions of them living in this country already.

He's talking about non-violent drug offenders though. How would cutting them loose cause problems? There's tens of millions of them living in this country already.

Non-violent crime is still a crime. How are millions more released into society after living in a prison environment going to adapt ? Where are they going to get jobs? I'm not claiming imprisoning non-violent drug offenders was right but it happened never the less.

Non-violent crime is still a crime. How are millions more released into society after living in a prison environment going to adapt ? Where are they going to get jobs? I'm not claiming imprisoning non-violent drug offenders was right but it happened never the less.

Bureau of Justice Statistics - Table on number of persons in custody of State correctional authorities by most serious offense

In 2006, there were approx. 250K persons incarcerated for drug offenses not millions.

If you hadn't read the papers or watched any news on TV for the past 3 months, would you say you were "hurting"?

Personally, I wouldn't. I don't believe the majority of people would either. Yes there are some who have lost a job but that is true of any particular period.

My wife and I made a trip to Barnes and Noble the other night (Friday) to grab a few books. While we were out at the local sprawl mall (you can't call it a strip mall) we thought we'd grab some dinner and a couple cocktails. Well TGI Fridays was packed not a seat at the bar and a 45 minute wait for a table. Uno's was no different with the waiting crowd spilling out of the door. On the way home, we stopped at a 99's and again left because it was too crowded to even get a seat at the bar.

We decided to pick up a six pack and get some thai take out (BTW the Thai place was packed too) and eat at home by the fire.

All these people were not out drinking ice water and sharing a house salad. I estimate the average tab was over 50 bucks a couple.

I took time to think and I realized that if the pols and the media weren't constantly bombarding me with how bad things are, I wouldn't see it in my daily life. Would you?

You must not have a 401k or a home you overpaid for.

And 2 months of cheap gas may make you forgive and forget, but I know if mccain wins, it'll go right back to $4 gal.

Corporate America isn't done seing how far they can push.

Wages aren't done going down.

Ps. Don't just consider abortion when you think of supreme court nominees. Remember the exxon valdez settlement was drastically cut by the supreme court? Do you want nominees who side with corporations over We The People? It can't get more conservative!

This Wednesday night at 8:00, Obama will put his millions of dollars to good use and take up half an hour of TV time.

Honestly, I already know everything he's spoken about and what his issues are. I watched the debates, I watched both conventions... I think most Americans are informed.

So the reason for doing this is to control the news cycle in newspapers, internet blogs and 24 hour cable TV shows. But I think this is irrelevant and he won't control it the next day and the weekend after unless he's going to pull an October surprise and announce something new and positive that will REALLY get people talking. This will also force the McCain campaign to react which will catch them off guard.

So, if Obama reveals something new, what could he talk about?

Honestly, am I the only one in America who can't stand listening to him talk?

Forum List

Back