What will Obama talk about for 30 minutes?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
This Wednesday night at 8:00, Obama will put his millions of dollars to good use and take up half an hour of TV time.

Honestly, I already know everything he's spoken about and what his issues are. I watched the debates, I watched both conventions... I think most Americans are informed.

So the reason for doing this is to control the news cycle in newspapers, internet blogs and 24 hour cable TV shows. But I think this is irrelevant and he won't control it the next day and the weekend after unless he's going to pull an October surprise and announce something new and positive that will REALLY get people talking. This will also force the McCain campaign to react which will catch them off guard.

So, if Obama reveals something new, what could he talk about?

This Wednesday night at 8:00, Obama will put his millions of dollars to good use and take up half an hour of TV time.

Honestly, I already know everything he's spoken about and what his issues are. I watched the debates, I watched both conventions... I think most Americans are informed.

So the reason for doing this is to control the news cycle in newspapers, internet blogs and 24 hour cable TV shows. But I think this is irrelevant and he won't control it the next day and the weekend after unless he's going to pull an October surprise and announce something new and positive that will REALLY get people talking. This will also force the McCain campaign to react which will catch them off guard.

Its a brilliant move.

Snl just said that because obama is so far ahead, they are going to do a half hour variety show.

Michelle and barrack will sing solid as a rock but instead it will be solid, solid as barrack.

he will propogate more horseshit.

Colin Powel??? lol check out this video Colin Piss-Poor Powell is Colon Cancer | Veoh Video Network

Its a brilliant move.

Snl just said that because obama is so far ahead, they are going to do a half hour variety show.

Michelle and barrack will sing solid as a rock but instead it will be solid, solid as barrack.

About as "brilliant" as having a 24/7 Obama satellite TV station in my opinion. You whackos act like this guy is the Second Coming -even while admitting you don't believe in God! Since when does the fact that one politician went back on his word about public financing and as a result has far more money than the other guy -which means he can buy up a half hour prime time on all four networks while his opponent is sticking with public financing - amount to "brilliant" under our system of government? That makes McCain stupid to take a fellow American and Senator colleague at his word and you figure he just should have known better than to take this guy at his word or what? But who among you Obama supporters would admit that should also mean that Obama is no less trustworthy to FELLOW AMERICANS as Putin and even Ahmadinejad I wonder? Obama wasn't trying to deceive the leader of a hostile or semi-hostile nation, but a fellow American. And it isn't McCain with pages of questionable and outright fraudulent FOREIGN sourced donations either. Are we playing "he who takes in the most in illegal contributions gets to win", or is it "whichever semi-adversarial population or country can flood this guy's campaign gets to win" or what?

Gee, do ya REALLY think ANY foreign country has our best interests at heart here? LOL

This is a democratic republic that does not worship any politician above our own system of government. This isn't Nazi Germany where the leader meant more than their democratic system all because Hitler was a charismatic speaker too.

Obama and his historically ignorant supporters give me the willies like no other political candidate in my life has -and it has nothing to do with his race, but his POLITICS. I wouldn't vote for this guy no matter what color he was! Are you people nuts? Whining like spoiled babies over 5.5 - 6.1% unemployment, historic lows on inflation and interest rates - only because you haven't lived long enough to see REALLY bad times? And NOW with the current uncertainty in the stock market and evidence we are headed for another cyclical recession, you actually are stupid enough to believe INCREASING taxes on those who create jobs is the answer to this? OMG. This is Jimmy Carter all over again EXACTLY -"those tax hikes are only going to hurt the rich!" ROFLMAO! Oh, I suggest you actually research how well that really worked out for this country before casting that vote!

Get it through your STUPID heads -liberalism, while well intentioned and I am the first to say it is well intentioned -operates from a misinformed premise. Which is why every system of government based on the principles of liberalism FAILS. It is why the people most hurt by liberalism are the very people they wanted to help the most. What actually works best is counter-intuitive to the principles of liberalism but actually results in the greatest good. And history is replete with examples of BOTH and why it is true. Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them. I'm not one of them -but I am outnumbered by those who sure are and will have to pay the price for that idiocy.

Unbelievable ignorance among our youth -who should sue our public school system for what they have done.

This guy is nowhere near ready to hold this position -while liberals stupidly whine about whether a governor is qualified to be VP or not. (Funny they never claimed it made Reagan, Carter, Clinton or Bush unqualified for PRESIDENT -just THIS governor for VP, who also happens to be FEMALE, huh?) Just as happened with Carter (governor, how odd?) -our President will be chosen by the most historically ignorant and politically stupid among us.

Who is Obama targeting with this buy? The undecideds. If after all this time they haven't gone for Obama, there isn't anything he can possibly say that will sway them now.

Obama will likely win. But just as happened in the Democrat primaries -he made no gains among the undecideds and won by the same percent he had while all the undecideds went for his opponent.

Last edited:
he will talk about change...he will talk about getting out the vote....he will talk about mccain/palins failures etc etc etc ...he will talk...he will preach to the choir...he will preach to the backrow....what does it matter? Even I have decided by now. Unless he comes out and talks about sleep overs at michael jackson's it is pretty much a done deal.

he will speak hypnotically..about the need for
new ideas .. to change the world ..get the economy in order
how in these perilous times we may have to sacrifice our pensions..our young sons and daughters..our liberty..to protect our freedom...then he will invade Iran or start a war with Russia..but he wont do it all George bush cowboy..dead er alive stuff..or evil doers..because he is brand B...democrats don't like that evil doer dead er alive stuff ..
so he will say it all solemn..and weepy like..but the end result will be the same

Last edited:
What chutzbah! This could be McCain's October surprise! A half hour of Obama, delaying a possible World Series game, sounds like the break McCain has been waiting for. Could be another Berlin for Obama. No one wants to be forced fed a politician for a half hour on four prime time TV channels. It's a little creepy, a little 1984, a little too Brave New World.

We all already know what he will say.

You're hurting. I know you're hurting. Even if you're not hurting, listen tome you ARE hurting.

I will lower taxes while keeping your tax rates exactly the same. I will spend way more than I can increase taxes on the rich. I will bribe you with stimulus packages and college tuition deductions that my tax increases on the rich cannot possibly pay for.

I can do all this because you are confused and you listen to the wrong radio stations and watch the wrong cable news shows. You are all just bitter people clinging to obsolete ideas. But i will deliver you from all that. I will heal your souls.

in other words we will hear the same bullshit we've been hearing for the past two years.

If he's wise, he's going to discuss the economy and his plans for helping the middle class, small businesses and small investors.

He'll try, I think to lay out his plan in a simple point by point way such that potential voters will have a better vision of what to expect if he is elected.

he will talk about change...he will talk about getting out the vote....he will talk about mccain/palins failures etc etc etc ...he will talk...he will preach to the choir...he will preach to the backrow....what does it matter? Even I have decided by now. Unless he comes out and talks about sleep overs at michael jackson's it is pretty much a done deal.

The way to win this election is control the news cycle. I have to admit, McCain has done that brilliantly. Lipstick on a pig, joe the plumber, introducing Palin to us... Obama has only recently caught on. That is a fear of mine.

Obama and his historically ignorant supporters give me the willies like no other political candidate in my life has -and it has nothing to do with his race, but his POLITICS. I wouldn't vote for this guy no matter what color he was! Are you people nuts? Whining like spoiled babies over 5.5 - 6.1% unemployment, historic lows on inflation and interest rates - only because you haven't lived long enough to see REALLY bad times?

God bless you, you're right.

McCain's top economic advisor says we're just a nation of whiners, and the fundamentals of the economy are strong.

I take it that you would applaud a McCain campaign TV commercial that elaborates on your point that the economy is pretty good, and that americans are just whining?

God bless you, you're right.

McCain's top economic advisor says we're just a nation of whiners, and the fundamentals of the economy are strong.

I take it that you would applaud a McCain campaign TV commercial that elaborates on your point that the economy is pretty good, and that americans are just whining?

Excellent strategy R.D.

Let the Republicans keep telling the American people, most of whom are hurting as direct result of the stupid policies that the Republicans have been creating for the corporate masters, that the American people are just a buch of whining crybabies who are too stupid to know whether or not things are bad.

Yeah, there's the ticket.

What that really shows the electorate is just exactly how out of touch the Republican masters are with the plight of the American people.

Well that, and how much the master Class of the Republican Party truly don't give a shit about the plight of the American people.

Way to forge a winning campaign there, Republicans.

Forum List

Back