What will Obama talk about for 30 minutes?

Honestly, am I the only one in America who can't stand listening to him talk?

Did you hate hearing Kennedy or mlk speak? Did you get a boner when Reagan spoke? Did you call Bill Clinton slick willie? Did you look forward to Bush's state of the union speeches and think he was a great commander & chief?

Did you hate hearing Kennedy or mlk speak? Did you get a boner when Reagan spoke? Did you call Bill Clinton slick willie? Did you look forward to Bush's state of the union speeches and think he was a great commander & chief?

Nah, I'm a Ron Paul kind of girl :)

Nah, I'm a Ron Paul kind of girl :)

I'm a ron paul kind of guy, only he/they go too far when it comes to every man for himself.

But to truly fix America and take it back from the robber barons, we have to do what ron paul says.

Notice how the gop treated paul. I've heard lefty rad shows treat him with more respect and agree with him more than any right wing show.

ps Did you hear glen beck is going to fox?

Obama plans on giving a Reverend Jeremiah Wright Jr. sermon for 30 minutes. He's going to say things like "GOD DAMN AMERICA!" and "the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism!" It'll be great.

Obama plans on giving a Reverend Jeremiah Wright Jr. sermon for 30 minutes. He's going to say things like "GOD DAMN AMERICA!" and "the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism!" It'll be great.

too good to be true.

You must not have a 401k or a home you overpaid for.

I have retirement accounts but since I will not be withdrawing money for more than 20 years or so, I am not too worried about it. And anyone who is about to retire now who has the bulk of their money in equities is just stupid.

And no I did not pay too much for my house nor did I mortgage it too the hilt with ARMs every time the value went up. In fact my wife and i should be paying off our mortgage about 25 years early.

And 2 months of cheap gas may make you forgive and forget, but I know if mccain wins, it'll go right back to $4 gal.

Speculation and so what if gas goes up again. You know it will, I know it will. I'll put money on gas prices rising right before Memorial Day. it happens every year regardless of who is pres.

Corporate America isn't done seing how far they can push.

so let's tax them into submission and have them charge more and hire less. Good idea.

Wages aren't done going down.

More speculation

Ps. Don't just consider abortion when you think of supreme court nominees. Remember the exxon valdez settlement was drastically cut by the supreme court? Do you want nominees who side with corporations over We The People? It can't get more conservative!

The Good Friday Catastrophes in Prince William Sound, Alaska

"Almost exactly 25 years apart, two catastrophes hit the Prince William Sound area, both coincidentally on Good Friday. In 1964, the Great Alaska Earthquake caused a spill of asphalt from storage tanks in the old town of Valdez.; in 1989, the supertanker Exxon Valdez spilled North Slope crude oil. Today, it seems easier for us to find asphalt residues from 1964 than oil residues from 1989 on the beach cobbles and bedrock surfaces around Prince William Sound."

Dr. Keith A. Kvenvolden, U.S. Geological Survey

Exxon has gone a long way to cleaning up this spill that really did little or no damage to "We The People". And they are paying for it with much higher insurance costs and costs for upgrading their tankers.

And really in your everyday life, do you fell the heavy hand of all these evil corporations? Or do you take advantage of what business and commerce has given you. You know, Ipods, cell phones, laptops, cars, ball point pens etc.

I know imagining is hard for you libbies especially if the government isn't telling you what to believe. but try. If you hadn't read, watched or listened to any news in the past 90 days, would you believe we are in a deep recession, the worst since the Great Depression?

The answer is a flat out NO.

Last edited:

Obama READS a great speech too bad he is just as much of a bumbler without his teleprompter. AHHHHHH UMMMMMMMM AAANNNNNND AHHHHHH

He's just another wizard of uhs

And comapring BHO to MLK is a bit premature don't you think?

Obama READS a great speech too bad he is just as much of a bumbler without his teleprompter. AHHHHHH UMMMMMMMM AAANNNNNND AHHHHHH

Obama would have thrown Dr. King under the bus if he got in the way of his ascending to the throne.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/29/u...ssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Obama Infomercial, a Closing Argument to the Everyman

WASHINGTON — Senator Barack Obama will use his prime-time half-hour infomercial on Wednesday night to make what is effectively a closing argument to a national audience of millions. At times he will speak directly into the camera about his 20-month campaign, at others he will highlight everyday voters, their everyday troubles, and his plans to address them.

Mr. Obama’s campaign agreed to provide The New York Times with a minute-long trailer for the 30-minute program, which is to run on four broadcast networks at 8 p.m. It will be the first time in 16 years that a presidential candidate has bought network time, in prime time, for a prolonged campaign commercial.

The trailer is heavy in strings, flags, presidential imagery and some Americana filmed by Davis Guggenheim, whose father was the campaign documentarian of Robert F. Kennedy. As the screen flashes scenes of suburban lawns, a freight train and Mr. Obama seated at a kitchen table with a group of white, apparently working-class voters, Mr. Obama says: “We’ve seen over the last eight years how decisions by a president can have a profound effect on the course of history and on American lives; much that’s wrong with our country goes back even farther than that.”
Then, while standing before a stately desk and an American flag, Mr. Obama, in a suit, says: “We’ve been talking about the same problems for decades and nothing is ever done to solve them. For the past 20 months, I’ve traveled the length of this country, and Michelle and I have met so many Americans who are looking for real and lasting change that makes a difference in their lives.”

Jim Margolis, Mr. Obama’s senior advertising strategist, said the program would then go on to feature “the stories of four different Americans, or American families, and kind of what they’re confronting.”

He said the stories would highlight “the challenges people are facing and what we should do in terms of solutions.” He said Mr. Obama would also share the story of his mother, “who struggled through her bout with breast cancer and the difficulty she had with her insurance company, to help viewers understand why his health care reform program is what it is.”
It will also have a live component, featuring Mr. Obama at a rally in Florida. The infomercial has been under production for weeks in the Virginia office of Mark Putnam, whose firm, Murphy-Putnam, is part of the Obama advertising team.

The program is to be shown on NBC, CBS, Fox, Univision, MSNBC and two cable networks that cater to African-Americans, BET and TV One. Ross Perot, the last presidential candidate to run similar programming, broadcast eight long infomercials to an average of 13 million viewers, with one of them getting 16.5 million viewers.

Costing the campaign more than $3 million, the infomercial is the ultimate reflection of Mr. Obama’s spending flexibility. Mr. McCain, with far less money in the bank, has been unable to produce a similar commercial.
The McCain campaign has seized on the advertisement as excessive, with Mr. McCain pointing to reports that Mr. Obama’s infomercial would bump back the World Series on Fox by 15 minutes. “No one will delay the World Series with an infomercial when I’m president,” he said, in Hershey, Pa.
(Fox executives have said that they, and not the Obama campaign, had initially asked Major League Baseball to move the start of Wednesday’s game to 8:35 p.m. from 8:20, to make way for his infomercial. But as it turns out, such a delay was not necessary anyway; none of the World Series games has started before 8:30, and two started after 8:35.)

For its part, Mr. Obama’s campaign said it was not worried about turning off viewers.

“Many people have 150 channels; they’ve got plenty of other choices,” Mr. Margolis said. “Or they can drop into a video game.” Then again, Mr. Obama is advertising in video games, too.

I will not be watching... Most of the people I know will not be watching... Most of us have board meetings (a nonprofit for myself), class, church, work and many other things in life to do than watch an airbag on TV.

Why not do a press conference? He hasn't had one in over a month... Everyone talked about McCain not having ones a few weeks back but are silent when it comes to Obama?

What chutzbah! This could be McCain's October surprise! A half hour of Obama, delaying a possible World Series game, sounds like the break McCain has been waiting for. Could be another Berlin for Obama. No one wants to be forced fed a politician for a half hour on four prime time TV channels. It's a little creepy, a little 1984, a little too Brave New World.

The Obama is more than a politician...he is our leader..our freind ..no one forces us to listen to the leader...we want to hear the leader speak

Why not do a press conference? He hasn't had one in over a month... Everyone talked about McCain not having ones a few weeks back but are silent when it comes to Obama?

What are you talking about? He just had one last week with a massive slew of foreign policy advisors.

Forum List

Back