What Will A GOP Congress Do To Counter Obama?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
At this point the Dems know the game is up. GOP controlled Senate and stronger control in the House are coming in January.
So what will the Congress do to roll back the Democrats' ruinous agenda and rein in Obama?

I still don't think the GOP will take the Senate, but if they do they'll be able to hamstring Obama even more than now, which of course is a great thing.

Not much can be done in either direction. Perhaps the GOP will do an about face and actually present the American with a clear, unified, positive vision of America. That would be an interesting change.
When has any party presented such a vision?

No, the Congress can pass legislation reining in the bureaucracy, stripping it of many powers. THey can put that in bills funding the government so Obama cannot veto them.

If Republicans take the Senate, I encourage them to end the filibuster

I don't think there's a chance in Hell of taking the Senate, because there's too much riding on it. The Dems will pump enough money into key races to hold onto enough states to foil a GOP takeover, and they'll claim victory even if they lose several seats. If there's a tie they already have someone ready to become an independent and swing it back over to the left.

I think as long as Obama is in office the Republicans are afraid to take Congress.

shhhhh... don't tell them that the president will veto everything they touch and they won't have the votes to override.

oops.
Great.
The Obstructionist President.
Obama is blocking all progress. Nothing is getting better because Obama keeps blocking it.

you mean keeping the rightwingnuts from doing to the country what they did when baby bush was president?

shhhhh... don't tell them that the president will veto everything they touch and they won't have the votes to override.

oops.
Great.
Obama is blocking all progress. Nothing is getting better because Obama keeps blocking it.

you mean keeping the rightwingnuts from doing to the country what they did when baby bush was president?
Yes I would like to see that stuff stop, but I don't think it's in their playbook...

Not much can be done in either direction. Perhaps the GOP will do an about face and actually present the American with a clear, unified, positive vision of America. That would be an interesting change.

Yup.... sure would.

I won't hold my breath though.

I still don't think the GOP will take the Senate, but if they do they'll be able to hamstring Obama even more than now, which of course is a great thing.

Oh boy, You Repubs are gonna hamstring a cripple.

That's really something to be proud of. What a vision for the future that represents.

and that assumes that mitchy poo doesn't get his butt handed to him by Alison Lundergan Grimes
It also assumes the sun will continue to rise.

I know... the polls are skewed and that seat isn't in danger....

yuppers....
Five out of 6 polls show McConnell ahead of Grimes by at least 4 points.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Kentucky Senate - McConnell vs. Grimes

Yeah, she didnt help her credibility by refusing to say whether she voted for Obama or not. Especially after she was his delegate.

oops.
Great.

Which was what exactly? Last I checked, things are far worse under President Barry Kardashian.

The gop needs to tread lightly. Obama's ebola response illustrates that he knows he can get absolutely nothing from congress. If the gop tries to roll back his agenda without winning a national election, I think he will veto anything, and he'll accept a govt shutdown over it. His legacy is healthcare and pushing enviro reforms in the face of an obstructionist and often outright racist gop. That's not the total truth, but that's going to be history's initial judgment, and I think he's just fine with that. He's the ultimate egotist

And shutdowns haven't played well for the gop.

Forum List

Back