What was Acorn thinking

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Acorn put the profit motive into voter registration.
They paid people a bonus for every new voter they signed up. It led to fraud and other malfeasances in the voter registration process.

Whether you are conservative or liberal you know if you put the profit motive in voter registration you wil have problems. Voter registration does not lend itself to the open market and to be driven by profit motivation.

Does healthcare have probems also if turned over completely to the open market and driven by the motivation for profits.

Acorn put the profit motive into voter registration.
They paid people a bonus for every new voter they signed up. It led to fraud and other malfeasances in the voter registration process.

Whether you are conservative or liberal you know if you put the profit motive in voter registration you wil have problems. Voter registration does not lend itself to the open market and to be driven by profit motivation.

Does healthcare have probems also if turned over completely to the open market and driven by the motivation for profits.

That's not true - it is in fact illegal to pay based on the number of voter regs they get. ACORN's voter registration canvassers were paid a flat salary, but had a quota of registrations to get a day. Some canvassers decided that it would be a better idea to fake reg cards rather than working.

You must also ask what they were thinking when they filed suit against the supposed pimp and prostitute.
They've now fully opened themselves up to discovery issues.
And after seeing the attorney for the pimp and prostitute, it became quite clear that he's a bulldog who's going to go full bore on this case.
You can bet Obama and his cronies are gettin' a lil' nervous right about now.

I think it's going to be fun watching all the rats run from the sinking ACORN ship as it starts to go down. Can't wait for the action to start. Wonder who the unlucky bastard is going to be that gets the blame for all of ACORN's sins and does the jail time? How long will it be before Obama gets on national tv and says "I never had relations with that organization!" like Clinton was saying about Monica before the feces hit the fan? Maybe Obama will not only be the country's first black President but also the first black President to get impeached! Bet this gets the highest rating on tv except for maybe Glenn Beck. That's why Obama and his cronies are pissed at Beck. They just can't get better ratings on anything better than Beck!:lol:

I think it's going to be fun watching all the rats run from the sinking ACORN ship as it starts to go down. Can't wait for the action to start. Wonder who the unlucky bastard is going to be that gets the blame for all of ACORN's sins and does the jail time? How long will it be before Obama gets on national tv and says "I never had relations with that organization!" like Clinton was saying about Monica before the feces hit the fan? Maybe Obama will not only be the country's first black President but also the first black President to get impeached! Bet this gets the highest rating on tv except for maybe Glenn Beck. That's why Obama and his cronies are pissed at Beck. They just can't get better ratings on anything better than Beck!:lol:

Here's whats going to happen:

There will be a huge investigation into ACORN - which will turn up nothing illegal, aside from actions of a few employees - but will still used as a scapegoat by the right. ACORN, on the other hand will rake in more and more donations (I have friends who work for ACORN, they're doing just fine there - all of this is helping ACORN fund raise). It will become another completely ridiculous polarizing issue, which can continue to be used by BOTH sides to distract from any real issues.

The point is this: All of the events on those tapes, and all of the false voter registration cards - show no evidence of a larger scale corruption. This isn't something that can take down ACORN - I mean, I'm almost completely certain that Bertha Lewis doesn't train her staff to do taxes for pimps - there's no way this can be pinned on anyone higher up in ACORN leadership.

All of these investigations will turn up nothing, but Glenn Beck will keep talking about ACORN, just like he's doing with "the SEIU", as he likes to put it.

You're on some serious wingnut crack if you think this is gonna be some kind of new Whitewater the GOP will be able to succcessfully use against the Prez.

There will be a huge investigation into ACORN - which will turn up nothing illegal, aside from actions of a few employees - but will still used as a scapegoat by the right. ACORN, on the other hand will rake in more and more donations (I have friends who work for ACORN, they're doing just fine there - all of this is helping ACORN fund raise). It will become another completely ridiculous polarizing issue, which can continue to be used by BOTH sides to distract from any real issues.

The point is this: All of the events on those tapes, and all of the false voter registration cards - show no evidence of a larger scale corruption. This isn't something that can take down ACORN - I mean, I'm almost completely certain that Bertha Lewis doesn't train her staff to do taxes for pimps - there's no way this can be pinned on anyone higher up in ACORN leadership.

All of these investigations will turn up nothing, but Glenn Beck will keep talking about ACORN, just like he's doing with "the SEIU", as he likes to put it.
Yeah, that's why the feds pulled the plug on ACORN's involvement in the census. Severed any further ties.
And lets not forget Obama's reaction when asked about ACORN'S scandals by Stephenopoulus a couple weeks back. He didn't know how much money ACORN received?
BULLSHIT!
The deer in the headlights look, and the quick dismissel of the question spoke volumes.
ACORN'S finished. And Lewis had better be prepared to be fitted with those prison stripes.
Obama had better be prepared for the linking that is no doubt about to come.

Yeah, that's why the feds pulled the plug on ACORN's involvement in the census. Severed any further ties.
And lets not forget Obama's reaction when asked about ACORN'S scandals by Stephenopoulus a couple weeks back. He didn't know how much money ACORN received?
BULLSHIT!
The deer in the headlights look, and the quick dismissel of the question spoke volumes.
ACORN'S finished. And Lewis had better be prepared to be fitted with those prison stripes.
Obama had better be prepared for the linking that is no doubt about to come.

For what crimes is Bertha Lewis going to jail for?

Forum List

Back