What trends do you find absurd?

Well, about people covered in tattoos - got nothing against that and actually, I love good-creative-tattoo-covered boys/girls... Actually, I want my boyfriend to get a full sleeve - come on, nice, lean, muscular arms covered in awesome tattoos? What IS better and hotter? Not much else :) I think on some it looks beyond hot (on others not so much). I myself would love to have a half-sleeve or a large back tattoo... (once I can afford it and know exactly what I want, I'm going for it, btw.)

One trend that is actually a bit annoying here in Sweden, although I couldn't say I 'hate' it, is the weird stripper-shoe trend. All of a sudden it is really 'in' to wear these huge 6-9 inch heel platform stiletto-heel shoes. Not only is it extremely uncomfortable to walk in, but it does look like a part of true prostitute's uniform... it's hard to take a girl/woman with these shoes on seriously. Of course, fetish-club situation is different... stilleto shoes are part of the fetish scene... that's where I'd like to keep them.

What actually disturbs me a little about this trend is the underage girls wearing them... I wonder what their parents are thinking buying them these things.

Yup when your old and gray, wrinkly and out of shape those tattoos will really rock.

Another reason to keep in shape, huh? :)

Backwards upside down visors....

Spinners......

Cars with so much bass that it rattles like a tin lunch box....

Pick up trucks with the front end sitting way high and the back end dragging on the ground....

Cars with an exaust the size of a coffee can that sound like a box of pissed off hornets.....

Guys with huge holes in their earlobes.....

Chick with WAY too many piercings.....

People COVERED with tatoos.

Speak out and tell everyone what "trends" you HATE!!!
30baggy1905.jpg

Please, can anyone explain the logic behind this? I mean . . . . seriously?!?! WTH? What's the point? Don't they fall down (the pants and the person) when they walk? Do they have a clue at how retarded they look? They should just take the pants off and walk around in their boxers. Oh, I suppose they'd think that would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Please, can anyone explain the logic behind this? I mean . . . . seriously?!?! WTH? What's the point? Don't they fall down (the pants and the person) when they walk? Do they have a clue at how retarded they look? They should just take the pants off and walk around in their boxers. Oh, I suppose they'd think that would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:
No shit.

What IS the freakin point?

nn_mank_baggy_061024.300w.jpg

It is ridiculous.

No shit.

It is ridiculous.

Why does that bother you more than this?
Pamela_Anderson_469808a.jpg

I personally think that pants hanging on one's balls are much more aesthetically pleasing than the image of one's breasts being cut open and a huge silicone bags being imbedded in them. For what reason? To look like that? All I have to say is OMG, WTF. Those guys can take the pants off, but she'll always look like a caricature of herself ;)

Talking about being judgmental, I'm pretty good at it when I try, huh :D

Last edited:
People who just HAVE to be in the far left lane on the high way. If you want to go the speed limit or five MPH LESS then stay the hell out of the far right lane.

People (usually a little old lady) who get onto the highway at THITY FIVE MPH!!!

People who don't use their watch holder(turn signal).

No shit.

It is ridiculous.

Why does that bother you more than this?
Pamela_Anderson_469808a.jpg

I personally think that pants hanging on one's balls are much more aesthetically pleasing than the image of one's breasts being cut open and a huge silicone bags being imbedded in them. For what reason? To look like that? All I have to say is OMG, WTF. Those guys can take the pants off, but she'll always look like a caricature of herself ;)

Talking about being judgmental, I'm pretty good at it when I try, huh :D
IF you find the hanging below your nutsack "aesthetically pleasing" more than the above picture, there's not much I can say
...but still, as far as appeal goes, women who surgically implant silicone sacks in their chest are pretty low on the list for me.
Ick.
I find those kinds of women plastic, in more ways than one...so not much argument from me on THAT stupid trend.

I still would prefer to look at a chick in a dress, even saline bag-filled - than that gnarly forgot to pull up your pants look.

People who tail gate. I give the brake tap just to let them know I may slam on my brakes at any moment.

I just go slower and slower until they back off, then speed up to 5 miles over the speed limit. If they continue to come up on me and tail gate, I just remain slow while tapping the break off and on the whole time. They usually get the idea.

People who refuse to do the speed limit. If it says 45 GO 45, not 35.

People who tail gate. I give the brake tap just to let them know I may slam on my brakes at any moment.

I just go slower and slower until they back off, then speed up to 5 miles over the speed limit. If they continue to come up on me and tail gate, I just remain slow while tapping the break off and on the whole time. They usually get the idea.

To be fair, that's not really a trend. Just general asshattery.

Been around since the Model A's.

I rarely give the tailgaters a warning tap. My stepping on the brake typically says, "Back off S.O.B. or you're buying my vehicle".

Nor do I like the people that drive significantly below the speed limit. They are more of a danger than the people who drive above the speed limit. What really worries me are the bikers that don't keep up with the flow of traffic. Sight seeing bikers are crazy if you ask me. They're harder to see and you can be upon them before you realize they are putt putting along.

Immie

Backwards upside down visors....

Spinners...... Uhg...

Cars with so much bass that it rattles like a tin lunch box.... makes me crazy...

Pick up trucks with the front end sitting way high and the back end dragging on the ground.... Yet to run across that one yet... but it sounds absurd.

Cars with an exaust the size of a coffee can that sound like a box of pissed off hornets..... ROFL... Freakin' ricers...

Guys with huge holes in their earlobes..... Chick with WAY too many piercings..... People COVERED with tatoos. All of the above are something below pathetic...

Speak out and tell everyone what "trends" you HATE!!!

Well as irritating as tattoo'd, peirced, saggy ear-lobed Rice driving "WAH WAHS..." is... the trend I hate most is the absurdity of Secular Humanism... there's nothing on earth which has been discredited to a greater certainty, yet it seems to have no shortage of advocates.

OH! And add to that the gals who complain about women enlarging their ta-tas... "THOSE ARE FAKE!"... Ladies... We don't care... And if those long, sensual legs and that angelic face are fake... Well... that's fine too. We'd simply ask that more of you consider faking it... And while we're on 'that' subject... that's no biggy either... the main thing to note here is that: we're not.

Last edited:
Tattoos used to more of a rebellious thing (for non-military types); now 'it's all the rage'. More of a fashion statement. They used to set one apart, they used to say 'I'm a non-conformist'. Now, everyone has one because . . . . everyone else has one.

Forum List

Back