What The Hell Kinda Stupid Question is That?

Oh and the correct answer to the question is: I don't ask my friends details about their sex lives.

Interesting and when your friends discuss their partners, you never wonder? You prove my point above, this is your world, if it gives you comfort fine, but for gays the right to marriage means much in their world - it gives them comfort and security, and no idiot like Santorum has a right to deny them that right.

Gay Marriage: The Arguments and the Motives
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0684824043/scottbidstrupshoA/]Amazon.com: CASE FOR SAME SEX MARRIAGE: From Sexual Liberty to Civilized Commitment (9780684824048): William N. Eskridge: Books[/ame]

Homosexuality and the Bible by Walter Wink

Some people just don't, some people have sex with all their friends... What's the issue?

Don Lemon Asks Rick Santorum If He Has Any Gay Friends

Who the fuck cares?

CNN's Don Lemon asked Republican presidential candidate if he has any gay friends on Monday.

Lemon, who publicly revealed he is gay in May, was speaking to Santorum in New Hampshire ahead of CNN's GOP debate on Monday night. Santorum is well known for his social conservatism and his opposition to gay rights. In fact, he is perhaps most famous for the vehemently anti-gay marriage comments he made in 2004 that resulted in his notorious "Google problem."

Lemon asked how Santorum could be for small government and a ban on gay marriage at the same time. "Some people see that as government intervening on people's rights," he said. Santorum said he was merely trying to enshrine what was already in many state constitutions.

Don Lemon Asks Rick Santorum If He Has Any Gay Friends (VIDEO)

Imagine the question in a job interview.
An "HR" fantasy

I really don't get his fascination with others' sexual proclivities, both from those on the Left and the Right.

So, a "Yes I have gay friends." is all he wanted to hear?

Nope, I think he wanted an honest answer. Of course rick lied.

You see, ol rick is a homophobe who believes his beliefs are better and have a higher morality than gays and that is someone I do not want in the white house.

Anyone against rights for fellow human beings...especially here in the states where they can impose laws against them, is a piece of shit.
Gays
Muslims
Non Christians
etc

So you think Obama is a piece of shit?

Barack Obama Quotes opposing Same Sex Marriage: "I do not support gay marriage. Marriage has religious and social connotations, and I consider marriage to be between a man and a woman." [ from the Human Rights Campaign's 2008 Presidential questionnaire]

President Obama does not support laws that take rights away from gays and lesbians. He was opposed to Prop 8 and does not support things like Constitutional amendments prohibiting marriage equality. He wants to do away with the unconstitutional DOMA. That doesn't smack of anti-gay bigotry.

Yes,, and he, old obie doodle, voted NO NO NO..

WH: Obama regrets vote against raising debt limit - Yahoo! News

Obama "thinks it was a mistake," presidential spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. "He realizes now that raising the debt ceiling is so important to the health of this economy and the global economy that it is not a vote that, even when you are protesting an administration's policies, you can play around with."

Congress is forced to increase the debt limit every several years and it's often a political fight with members of the minority party withholding their votes to extract concessions or direct criticism at the party that controls the White House.

In other words, now that the shoe is on the other foot...

Immie

Yes, now that the shoe is on the other foot it IS different. There are a few differences...

First, the Dems never tried tying the debt ceiling to the budget as the current GnOP is trying to do and, second, the Dems have come out and admitted they did it for purely political reasons.

Now, that doesn't make what they did right, but I do appreciate the honesty.

Last edited:
WH: Obama regrets vote against raising debt limit - Yahoo! News

Obama "thinks it was a mistake," presidential spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. "He realizes now that raising the debt ceiling is so important to the health of this economy and the global economy that it is not a vote that, even when you are protesting an administration's policies, you can play around with."

Congress is forced to increase the debt limit every several years and it's often a political fight with members of the minority party withholding their votes to extract concessions or direct criticism at the party that controls the White House.

Immie

Yes, now that the shoe is on the other foot it IS different. There are a few differences...

First, the Dems never tried tying the debt ceiling to the budget as the current GnOP is trying to do and, second, the Dems have come out and admitted they did it for purely political reasons.

The thing is that what he is really saying here is that now that he is President, he realizes that Bush wasn't such a nincompoop after all.

It is not that things are different. What he said was that Bush and co. were right and he was wrong. That's quite a statement for a politician of a different party to make about another politician/party.

Since the idiots in Congress (note: both parties not just one or the other) won't cut spending (balance the budget) we have no choice but to raise the debt ceiling.

Immie

Immie

The thing is that what he is really saying here is that now that he is President, he realizes that Bush wasn't such a nincompoop after all.

It is not that things are different. What he said was that Bush and co. were right and he was wrong. That's quite a statement for a politician of a different party to make about another politician/party.

Since the idiots in Congress (note: both parties not just one or the other) won't cut spending (balance the budget) we have no choice but to raise the debt ceiling.

Immie

where was this outrage from conservatives when Bush raised it 7 times?

thats why it has nothing to do with the current spending, its purely a political game. it needs to be raised because we dont have the money to currently pay our debts. does spending need to be cut, of course. but holding the american credit rating hostage is stupid. and you cant truly cut spending until you admit that you will need to cut social security, medicare, medicaid and defense. that including interest on the debt is 80% of the budget. but no one on either side will man up and say it.

Immie

thats why it has nothing to do with the current spending, its purely a political game. it needs to be raised because we dont have the money to currently pay our debts. does spending need to be cut, of course. but holding the american credit rating hostage is stupid. and you cant truly cut spending until you admit that you will need to cut social security, medicare, medicaid and defense. that including interest on the debt is 80% of the budget. but no one on either side will man up and say it.

You do not see any outrage from me regarding the raising of the debt ceiling.

I am calling for raising taxes AND cutting spending. Unfortunately, Congress wants to raise taxes and increase spending as well generally they want to raise spending by more than the increase in taxes. That is the problem and it is not a new problem.

I disagree with you in one respect. It has everything to do with current spending. We must get control of the budget. How can we in good conscience continue to spend our great grandchildren's money?

Oh, I forgot, politicians have no conscience.

Immie

I really don't get his fascination with others' sexual proclivities, both from those on the Left and the Right.

Maybe he's looking for a date and hopes they can introduce him around to their gay friends.

It is an odd question to say the least. Can you imagine the blowback if it had been asked of a democrat candidate if they had any straight friends???? Just sayin

Immie

I am calling for raising taxes AND cutting spending. Unfortunately, Congress wants to raise taxes and increase spending as well generally they want to raise spending by more than the increase in taxes. That is the problem and it is not a new problem.

I disagree with you in one respect. It has everything to do with current spending. We must get control of the budget. How can we in good conscience continue to spend our great grandchildren's money?

Immie

i agree with everything you said, except for the its all about spending part. i agree that taxes need to go up and spending needs to get cut, we have had flat tax revenues for a long time. but at the same time it shouldnt gut the social safety net, which is what would need to happen to cut spending to make a difference. we do though need to root out waste within those programs and make sure the people who need to help, get it and those taking advantage are punished. (although i can admit i do not currently know an efficient way to do that)

Things change when the people are hurting enough. We're there. Obama is finished and I expect him to announce he will not run again by Labor Day.

that's a pretty big dose of wishful thinking you got goin on there Jack...

I don't think the man's ego will allow him to stop running for a second term. He won't bow out because that would mean he would have to admit failure.

We are definitely hurting, but that doesn't weigh in on this one's conscience. It would require that he had a conscience to begin with. Not sure that he does.

Just my opinion

There are gay Americans voting in this election.

They would like to know why Santorum is so against those Americans having full rights.

Santorum is a lunatic and stands no chance of getting the nod.

It's Romney. The rest are distractions from Romney.

Romney might be more liberal than Obama. So they like him. They being the rulers of the world. Lol

Don Lemon Asks Rick Santorum If He Has Any Gay Friends

Who the fuck cares?

CNN's Don Lemon asked Republican presidential candidate if he has any gay friends on Monday.

Lemon, who publicly revealed he is gay in May, was speaking to Santorum in New Hampshire ahead of CNN's GOP debate on Monday night. Santorum is well known for his social conservatism and his opposition to gay rights. In fact, he is perhaps most famous for the vehemently anti-gay marriage comments he made in 2004 that resulted in his notorious "Google problem."

Lemon asked how Santorum could be for small government and a ban on gay marriage at the same time. "Some people see that as government intervening on people's rights," he said. Santorum said he was merely trying to enshrine what was already in many state constitutions.

Don Lemon Asks Rick Santorum If He Has Any Gay Friends (VIDEO)

Liberals have this odd notion that if you're friends with someone, that means you can't ever disagree with them about anything or disapprove of anything they do. God knows why. If I waited to make friends until I met someone I thought was absolutely perfect, I'd be a mighty lonely person.

There are gay Americans voting in this election.

They would like to know why Santorum is so against those Americans having full rights.

No. They're no more interested in his positions and why he holds them than you are. All they're interested in - just like you - is getting their panties in an uproar and demanding that he accept that their way is the only acceptable way to think and believe.

And for the record, I don't think Rick Santorum gives any more of a shit for your demands than I do, so by all means, please hold your breath until you matter. All of you.

Liberals have this odd notion that if you're friends with someone, that means you can't ever disagree with them about anything or disapprove of anything they do. God knows why. If I waited to make friends until I met someone I thought was absolutely perfect, I'd be a mighty lonely person.

It is quite odd isn't it?

Immie

i agree with everything you said, except for the its all about spending part. i agree that taxes need to go up and spending needs to get cut, we have had flat tax revenues for a long time. but at the same time it shouldnt gut the social safety net, which is what would need to happen to cut spending to make a difference. we do though need to root out waste within those programs and make sure the people who need to help, get it and those taking advantage are punished. (although i can admit i do not currently know an efficient way to do that)

Well, actually you added a word to my statement. I did not say it was "all" about the spending, but I will say that a lot of it is the spending. We need to become fiscally responsible. If we don't have the revenues we don't spend the money... um, just don't ask me how to do that with the current system we have.

And regardless of the fact that I am a conservative, I agree we need to be certain that those who need assistance get it. Heck, we're more than willing to send out foreign aid, why can't we do some domestic aid as well?

Edit: Okay, I will give you credit for the "all". I went back and read my posts and #148 said "everything to do with spending". However, I think our context of everything is different.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back