What the hell is going on in our schools?

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
CROSS-DRESSING DAY
by: Peter LaBarbera, November 10, 2004

The Illinois Family Institute (IFI) received a troubling report yesterday of a grade (and middle) school in Carrier Mills that held an “Opposite Sex” Day in which students were encouraged to come to schools dressed as members of the opposite sex. At least one outraged mother pulled her children out of Carrier Mills-Stonefort Elementary School (kindergarten through 8th grade) after being informed about the cross-dressing day. Carrier Mills is about 45 minutes east of Carbondale.

One school staffer reached by IFI said the school had no radical agenda but was just looking for “something silly for the kids to do.”

http://www.campusreportonline.net/main/articles.php?id=221

Texas school district nixes 'cross-dressing day'
By BOBBY ROSS JR.
Associated Press

Note to boys in the tiny Spurger, Texas, school district: Put away those high heels and pleated skirts. Instead, wear black boots and Army camouflage to school Wednesday. ADVERTISEMENT

A parent's concerns prompted the district 150 miles northeast of Houston to scrap its annual "TWIRP Day" -- when boys dress like girls and girls dress like boys-- in favor of "Camo Day."

TWIRP stands for "The Woman Is Requested to Pay," and for years Spurger schools hosted the day during Homecoming Week to give boys and girls a chance to reverse social roles and let older girls invite boys on dates, open doors and pay for sodas.

Plano-based Liberty Legal Institute issued a news release Tuesday reporting that it "came to the aid of a concerned parent requesting an excused absence for her children on official cross-dressing day in her children's elementary school."

"It is outrageous that a school in a small town in East Texas would encourage their 4-year-olds to be cross-dressers," Liberty Legal Institute attorney Hiram Sasser said in the release.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2904409

Zhukov said:
The Illinois Family Institute (IFI) received a troubling report yesterday of a grade (and middle) school in Carrier Mills that held an “Opposite Sex” Day in which students were encouraged to come to schools dressed as members of the opposite sex.

Decades ago, this was considered just silly fun - today it's considered "deviant" by homophobic adults. I suppose next the Christian agenda will have us outlawing Halloween as a sick pagan ritual.

A

CivilLiberty said:
I suppose next the Christian agenda will have us outlawing Halloween as a sick pagan ritual.
That will come right after the Religiousphobic try to outlaw Christmas because it represents the birth of Jesus.

CivilLiberty said:
Decades ago, this was considered just silly fun - today it's considered "deviant" by homophobic adults. I suppose next the Christian agenda will have us outlawing Halloween as a sick pagan ritual.

A

While I'll concede your point, I would caution you against throwing stones. Is an attempt by the likes of Robertson to outlaw Halloween worse than the zealous secularist campaign to outlaw Christmas, to eliminate "under God" in the Pledge, or to remove "In God we trust" from our money?

I can see that a cross-dress day as described is just a fun thing to do - for high school students - not for very young children. It appears to me that the opposition to such an activity is part of a developing Christian resentment of the ongoing secularist agenda to bar any semblance of public religious expression.

We had boys in my middle school (in a suburb of Houston) dress as cheerleaders, but it was always either for Halloween or for a spirit rally as a funny thing. But I think that cross-dressing as an "educational" event is ridiculous at best, CivilLiberty's charges of homophobia notwithstanding.

Civil Liberty, your quote, "Decades ago, this was considered just silly fun - today it's considered "deviant" by homophobic adults. I suppose next the Christian agenda will have us outlawing Halloween as a sick pagan ritual", has been baned in a lot of schools already because it supposedly insults witches. There are a lot of schools in the news now that won't allow Christmas Navity scenes, or even say Merry Christmas to each other. It's too much for me to hope for to be alive for the next civil disobedience uprising. Sure would like to be though. But these very things has been in the news lately.

gop_jeff said:
We had boys in my middle school (in a suburb of Houston) dress as cheerleaders, but it was always either for Halloween or for a spirit rally as a funny thing. But I think that cross-dressing as an "educational" event is ridiculous at best, CivilLiberty's charges of homophobia notwithstanding.

Agreed. Done as a role-reversal prank, I have no problem with it. But this is definitely not the type of "education" for which our schools are intended.

CivilLiberty said:

A

Decades ago we could also pray, say "under God" , celebrate Christmas, read religious works, be told of the religious nature of our government etc. etc. at school.

"Silly fun" has become more important to our "educational system" ????

If you think you have run up against a silly religious system of morals now, just wait until you try pushing further. You are just learning the strength of your opposition. Perhaps you cold learn something from them.

UsaPride said:
That will come right after the Religiousphobic try to outlaw Christmas because it represents the birth of Jesus.

That's already happening.........It's now the "holiday season" in some schools, and no more Christmas songs, it must be holiday songs. So yes the meaningful songs of joy, love and yes religion have been replaced with Frosty the Snowman, and I saw Mommy kissing Holiday Clause.

But us Christians are the great threat to democracy???

Bonnie said:
But us Christians are the great threat to democracy???
Exactly!! It's sickening! Christians are to "tolerate" every devious act known to man, but don't let them complain when anything that means something to them is stripped from society!

UsaPride said:
Exactly!! It's sickening! Christians are to "tolerate" every devious act known to man, but don't let them complain when anything that means something to them is stripped from society!

Heaven forbid we offend wican witches, muslims, athiests, but offending and censoring Christians is perfectly resonable???????

Bonnie said:
Heaven forbid we offend wican witches, muslims, athiests, but offending and censoring Christians is perfectly resonable???????
Doesn't it just blow your flippin' mind???!!!

UsaPride said:
Doesn't it just blow your flippin' mind???!!!
You two could go to school dresssed like your avatars (nice Bonnie) as long as you don't have god written anywhere on ya.

dilloduck said:
You two could go to school dresssed like your avatars (nice Bonnie) as long as you don't have god written anywhere on ya.

Well a few years back there was a time when I practically did dress like this to go to clubs, not necessarily to school though. What you say is true, kids could wear upside down crucifixes on tee-shirts but heaven forbid anyone wore a WWJD shirt or bracelet.

Bonnie said:
It not so much blows my mind as makes me very angry at this point.

Civil disobedience would work nicely to get out of the catch-22. if they don't like religious people voting, I'm sure they aren't to crazy about them acting. Get put in jail for singing Silent Night? That'll look real good!

dilloduck said:
Civil disobedience would work nicely to get out of the catch-22. if they don't like religious people voting, I'm sure they aren't to crazy about them acting. Get put in jail for singing Silent Night? That'll look real good!
You mean martyrdom for the cause???

Forum List

Back